Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Huckaby arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14 at 1:30 PM Pacific time zone

Hybrid View

Huckaby arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14 at 1:30 PM Pacific time zone

TOP STORY
    Suspect Arrested In Sandra Cantu Murder

04/11/2009
    The Tracy County Police Department arrested Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby, 28, for the kidnapping and murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu. She was booked at the San Joaquin County Jail early Saturday morning, and no bail is allowed. Her arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14 at 1:30 PM. Huckaby had lived in the same mobile park as the Cantu family, and Sandra was friends with her daughter. Stay tuned to AMW.com for the latest on this breaking story.
    >>The Full Story
    >>The Latest From FOX40 Sacramento

http://www.amw.com/

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

Ø My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to arielilane For This Useful Post:

Arrow

Arraignment will be at court in Manteca, CA per Sgt. Sheneman.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

where is Mark Geragos?

Sincerely not meaning to offend anyone by mentioning this guy....but I'm surprised he hasn't shown up on the scene yet. I hope Geragos will offer to "defend" MH, because that will ensure her conviction. p.s. he makes me sick!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    Sincerely not meaning to offend anyone by mentioning this guy....but I'm surprised he hasn't shown up on the scene yet. I hope Geragos will offer to "defend" MH, because that will ensure her conviction. p.s. he makes me sick!
    He is a bit late isn't he...lol

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

Ø My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arielilane For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by arielilane View Post
    He is a bit late isn't he...lol
    Thanks for your post--I think this is the first time I've chuckled since this case started.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:

IIRC correctly, she will make a plea. It will take less than 5 minutes and we shall see if she has a Public Defender with her or not.

There is no bail on murder so she won't be posting bail and getting out.
    I have a constitutional right to my opinion and I am stating it!!!!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gaia713 For This Useful Post:

The Sgt. alluded to the SWs etc being unsealed for this hearing. While it may go quickly, the real interest will be in that information. This is the part I am waiting on!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    The Sgt. alluded to the SWs etc being unsealed for this hearing. While it may go quickly, the real interest will be in that information. This is the part I am waiting on!
    I think the SW will not be unsealed till the prem not tomorrow
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDB For This Useful Post:

Thanks, JDB! Rats!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Thanks, JDB! Rats!

Hmm I thought we read that yesterday in a link, that they would be unsealed for the Tues hearing.

Do we have anyone in Manteca to check for what is made public and also any motions that come out down the line?

Back to work and will see you tonight! xox

19. The Following User Says Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

I am confused on the subject myself. I missed Sgt. Sheneman answers on it today when he was doing his Q and A on Channel ten's website. (It was awesome, btw!)
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

We need a poll on "How will MH plead"?

I am thinking either straight guilty or not guilty by reason of insanity. Any word on an attorney yet?
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TripleA For This Useful Post:

Rape may be alleged in Sandra Cantu killing

TRACY, Calif. (AP) -- Prosecutors say they're considering rape and molestation allegations against the woman suspected of killing an 8-year-old Northern California girl and putting her body in a suitcase.

Twenty-eight-year-old Melissa Huckaby has been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and murdering Sandra Cantu.

San Joaquin County Deputy District Attorney Robert Himmelblau told The Associated Press Monday that a homicide charge against Huckaby could also include the special circumstances of rape with a foreign object, lewd and lacivious conduct with a child and murder in the course of a kidnapping.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?se...ate&id=6755834
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

24. The Following User Says Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Thanks for those posts SS,

Simply beyond the pale isn't it! I just watched the coverage on HLM, and besides the info your links gave, there was an additional point of interest.

In California there is no child - parent privledge. So if MH's daughter saw or heard anything she would be made to testify against her mother.

Also, do you understand the charge, Murder in the course of a kidnapping? I think there is a 4 hour window here, approx, and so she was killed maybe 3.5 hours after being kidnapped { just throwing that out}. Would that be called 'in the course of' even though she didn't die while in the act of being kidnapped?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

Scandi,

The way I understand it is as long as it occurs when she is being held against her will it is still in the course of kidnapping - kidnapping being the entire time she is held against her will, not just when "in transit" to another location. Here in CA, when a murder occurs during a felony they can ask for the death penalty.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nora Charles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nora Charles View Post
    Scandi,

The way I understand it is as long as it occurs when she is being held against her will it is still in the course of kidnapping - kidnapping being the entire time she is held against her will, not just when "in transit" to another location. Here in CA, when a murder occurs during a felony they can ask for the death penalty.

Thanks Nora, I appreciate your answer, and now that I look at it that way it makes perfect sense.

The sexual overtone is disparaging as I never expected anything so bizarre. I have read about this with men but with a woman doing this to a little girl it is just off the top.

Now I have gained a lot of respect for Sgt Sheneman. He said SS there was nothing obvious on her body that showed COD. It was evidently an inside injury. God Bless Sandra.

ETA: I meant he was telling the truth, just choosing his words carefully. xox

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure where to post this article, perhaps someone or one of the mods will give me advice? ( I did post it in the media thread).

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d..._NEWS/90413008

A San Joaquin County deputy district attorney who has put two murderers on California’s death row said today he’ll prosecute Melissa Huckaby, a Tracy woman suspected of killing 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

Prosecutor Thomas Testa said that in Tuesday’s court hearing – Huckaby’s first in this case since her Friday arrest – he will make a motion for the judge to issue a gag order.

Testa said he fears the high-profile risks a change of venue to another county, which would be expensive to taxpayers and become problematic to prosecute.

“Overall, it’s mechanically, procedurally, less burdensome to try it in our own county rather than elsewhere,” Testa said. “If something should be said that would be admissible, that hurts our case here
    I would like to know more about this DA's record of prosecutions. Especially from a local if possible. TIA.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

I don't have any info on Thomas Testa but if he has tried two death-row cases, he might come up on google or one of the law info sites. I'm sorry to hear about the gag order motion for myself but actually am glad for Sandra's family. This is going to be really rough for them if what we are is hearing is true (and I think it is).

Prayers for strength for Sandra's family,

Salem

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

San Joaquin County Superior Court
    Stockton Courthouse
    April 14, 2009

NOTICE TO THE MEDIA:

The arraignment in the case People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby has been scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 1:00pm in Department 35 of the main Stockton Courthouse located at 222 E. Weber Avenue , Stockton , CA 95202 .

The case number will be determined upon filing of the complaint. Please see the attached order regarding media activity in public areas in the courthouse. Also attached is a copy of the court’s local rule 1-107 regarding media coverage.

2009-04-13 Order Regarding Media Activity In Public Areas Within The Courthouse

Pool cameras will be admitted into the courtroom starting at 12:15 pm . The following personnel will be admitted and allowed to gather images and sound:

Two (2) TV pool cameras (16x 9 and 4x3) – To be determined by the media
    One (1) still photograph camera – Associated Press
    One (1) video camera for newspapers – Stockton Record
    One (1) pool designee for radio – KFBK 1530 AM

No live transmission will be allowed.

Due to high media interest, there will be limited courtroom seating; not all media may be allowed in the courtroom.

20 seats have been designated for journalists. The following media agencies have been chosen by members of the Statewide Bench-Bar-Media Committee to occupy those seats:

Sacramento Bee
    Tracy Press
    Stockton Record
    Bay Area News Group
    Associated Press
    San Francisco Chronicle (print pool)

KOVR-TV (CBS affiliate)
    KCRA-TV
    KXTV-News10
    Univision, Channel 19
    ABC Network News
    NBC Network News
    KTVU (Fox affiliate)

The remaining 7 seats designated for journalists will be assigned by lottery. The lottery will occur at 11:30 am at the Clerk’s Office in Room 303 (3rd Floor).

Parking for media will be available on the 200 block of Main Street between San Joaquin and Hunter. Your media credentials will be needed to park in this designated area.

Regular updates will me made to this site.

Please refer all questions to:

Stephanie Bohrer, Public Information Officer
    (209)468-2878 phone
    (209)479-6542 cell
    (209)468-8576 fax
    sbohrer@courts.san-joaquin.ca.us

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to goofeegyrl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by goofeegyrl View Post
    San Joaquin County Superior Court
    Stockton Courthouse
    April 14, 2009

NOTICE TO THE MEDIA:

The arraignment in the case People of the State of California v. Melissa Huckaby has been scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2009 at 1:00pm in Department 35 of the main Stockton Courthouse.

Pool cameras will be admitted into the courtroom starting at 12:15 pm . The following personnel will be admitted and allowed to gather images and sound:

Two (2) TV pool cameras (16x 9 and 4x3) – To be determined by the media
    One (1) still photograph camera – Associated Press
    One (1) video camera for newspapers – Stockton Record
    One (1) pool designee for radio – KFBK 1530 AM

No live transmission will be allowed.

Due to high media interest, there will be limited courtroom seating; not all media may be allowed in the courtroom.

20 seats have been designated for journalists. The following media agencies have been chosen by members of the Statewide Bench-Bar-Media Committee to occupy those seats:

Sacramento Bee
    Tracy Press
    Stockton Record
    Bay Area News Group
    Associated Press
    San Francisco Chronicle (print pool)

KOVR-TV (CBS affiliate)
    KCRA-TV
    KXTV-News10
    Univision, Channel 19
    ABC Network News
    NBC Network News
    KTVU (Fox affiliate)

The remaining 7 seats designated for journalists will be assigned by lottery. The lottery will occur at 11:30 am at the Clerk’s Office in Room 303 (3rd Floor).
    Thanks to goofeegyrl for supplying the above info. Likely these media outlets will supply first info.
    This website has live streaming off and on:
    http://www.news10.net/news/liveonline/default.aspx
    Its off now but the Prosecutors just told the media that they will not be trying this case in the media.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d..._NEWS/90414006

Connie Lawless asked everybody to maintain an open mind. Her granddaughter has yet to speak with an attorney and the only side of the story to come out so far has come from the Tracy Police Department, which is one-sided, she said.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

So, they expect the TPD to give a "fair and balanced" view of someone who is being accused of murder? Someone needs to tell these people to keep their mouths shut.

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to goofeegyrl For This Useful Post:

Please, please tell me this family isn't going to mimic the A's.
    IMO

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

No. I don't see them doing any such thing. I think they will defend her if they truly believe in her innocence, but not if they suspect or are confronted with evidence to the contrary. (They mentioned this in an article/interview/video which I will have to find now.)
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Good grief! Keep an open mind? They must be going for a mental defense. Too bad it's so premeditated it makes my head spin.

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gliving For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast