1263 users online (229 members and 1034 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141

    Gonšalo Amaral - What Lies Beneath the Truth - Trailer

    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141


    It was a very interesting documentary

    One of the McCanns neighbours at the time reported to the PJS that the McCanns car was open all day and night and that there was a revolting smell coming from it..one of the friends told the woman that it was Beef dripping. The woman reported it but Rebelo after what the friends said did not take a statement....

    It also showed you...what would happen if someone tried to enter 5A that didnt have a key..

    Firstly we know the lock wasnt forced. It showed you some Forensic guy trying to get in without a key...basically there was a screw there..so..it couldnt be tampered with. So...that leaves the apartment doors...and there was no fingerprints on there from anyone there shouldnt have been apparently..

    We know the McCanns claimed that the shutters were forced open..we also know from Mark Warner that wasnt true..so..not sure exactly how any kidnapper got in the apartment ...

    It was also said that it would be impossible for any intruder to be behind the door as Gerry claims happened.

    Amaral again claimed that Madeleine is dead

    So..Amaral tonight showed ( His version) that it was impossible she was kidnapped. He stated again she was dead. He stated about the revolting smell from the car so bad the doors had to be left open all the time ... he has stated over and over again about D Payne and tonight he made Tanner out to be the biggest liar ever.

    So Gerry and Kate..if you claim hes lieing ...sue him if you dare
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    On Battleship Hill
    Posts
    3,282
    They have been remarkably quiet about Amaral's documentry.
    Interesting that they made their own in such a hurry, Levy says that they tried to buy off Amarals doc. but no sale

    I would like to watch both documentries back to back, I am sure that the "decent, repectable Doctors" would like things to be done fairly
    England's dancing days are done...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    They have been remarkably quiet about Amaral's documentry.
    Interesting that they made their own in such a hurry, Levy says that they tried to buy off Amarals doc. but no sale

    I would like to watch both documentries back to back, I am sure that the "decent, repectable Doctors" would like things to be done fairly
    I would imagine that the McCanns one will be altered now so they can fit what was said tonight.

    Funny thing tho...Clarence Mitchell said that they would be reading the book and if anything was libellous that they was sue - and they havent ..so...by that should we assume that Amaral is telling the truth?

    Also another thing that occured to me tonight..was about him getting called "the disgraced cop" on this forum - but wasnt he actually removed from the case because he questioned our police and NOT because of his work on the case? And as it turned out..he was right about our police anyhow ie they withheld documents for months..if they turned up at all.

    I read tonight that Murat sued some Portugese media. Given the McCanns and there friends fondness for suing..why didnt they sue also i wonder?
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141

    Some Screenshots from the documentary







    I think that is Oldfield being questioned by Police



    Eddie or Keela



    The dogs hit here






    Now this one is interesting because it shows the lighting at the time of the supposed sighting by Tanner. It is obviously very dark ..and to me only reinforces the fact that she would have been unable to see for eg the colour of the pyjamas supposedly worn on the child she ( eventually) claimed she saw.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    I would imagine that the McCanns one will be altered now so they can fit what was said tonight.

    Funny thing tho...Clarence Mitchell said that they would be reading the book and if anything was libellous that they was sue - and they havent ..so...by that should we assume that Amaral is telling the truth?

    Also another thing that occured to me tonight..was about him getting called "the disgraced cop" on this forum - but wasnt he actually removed from the case because he questioned our police and NOT because of his work on the case? And as it turned out..he was right about our police anyhow ie they withheld documents for months..if they turned up at all.

    I read tonight that Murat sued some Portugese media. Given the McCanns and there friends fondness for suing..why didnt they sue also i wonder?
    I remember very well Clarence Mitchell making that statement!

    So why wasn't there an injunction or motions filed to stop the documentary--if it was libelous? It's been done before.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    I remember very well Clarence Mitchell making that statement!

    So why wasn't there an injunction or motions filed to stop the documentary--if it was libelous? It's been done before.
    Do you really think they have the balls to go up against Amaral? Personally i dont think they do..and im not sure how they could stop the documentary in Portugal given that most think the McCanns are guilty. They could..and most probably will stop it from being shown here though.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    246
    Hey, Isabella, it's me again, asking newbie questions in the furtherance of my research on this case.

    I watched the trailer this morning several times, but wasn't able to locate an English language version of the film. Is it on available on the internet?

    Also, didn't I read on the net this morning that this investigator was fired because he was accused of tampering with evidence in a previous case?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Viki View Post
    Hey, Isabella, it's me again, asking newbie questions in the furtherance of my research on this case.

    I watched the trailer this morning several times, but wasn't able to locate an English language version of the film. Is it on available on the internet?

    Also, didn't I read on the net this morning that this investigator was fired because he was accused of tampering with evidence in a previous case?

    Lol Hi again

    He was fired because...he dared to criticise the British Police that were helping in the Madeleine case. And as it turned out...he was right to criticise them as it turned out in the end that they had been witholding things that should have been given to the Pjs. Interestingly our Pm knew before Amaral did that he was getting sacked.

    There was trouble with another case he was in. A woman was having an affair with her brother and was caught by the daughter. They then killed the daughter, put her in the freezer and afterwards chopped her up and fed her to the pigs. Lovely woman huh. Well the woman then claimed that she was beaten into confessing about the murder. However there was no proof of this and she did in fact admit in court that she had killed Joanna. He then went on as the lead investigator in the McCann case - so no he was not fired for what happened to Joannas mother.
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    Do you really think they have the balls to go up against Amaral? Personally i dont think they do..and im not sure how they could stop the documentary in Portugal given that most think the McCanns are guilty. They could..and most probably will stop it from being shown here though.
    I think it's more like they didn't have enough money to buy the rights.

    The problem for the McCanns is once the documentary is out there they are going to be chasing around putting out wildfires to try and squelch it. That's futile and costly, so I think they'll continue with this "pretend it's not there anymore" approach.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    On Battleship Hill
    Posts
    3,282

    Cool

    another screenshot from the documentry




    courtesy of dumouchelwolf from 3As
    England's dancing days are done...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England :)
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    another screenshot from the documentry




    courtesy of dumouchelwolf from 3As


    I read speculation that maybe Madeleine could have been in the room in a bag...and by doing there little scene the Pjs would think they was upset and not enter the room.

    Though from all accounts i dont think people there thought the McCanns were upset anyhow. It was noted that instead of being upset or looking for there daughter they was in fact trying to get the media involved. This was within hours of the "disappearance"
    LEE: When I say I know my sister, I can
    say that because I know how I would react. I'm a lot
    like my sister as far as how we would react.


    John Morgan: I can tell.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    The problem for the McCanns is once the documentary is out there they are going to be chasing around putting out wildfires to try and squelch it. That's futile and costly, so I think they'll continue with this "pretend it's not there anymore" approach.
    If the documentary contains information that is not accurate then it will hinder, not help in the search for Madeline or in the investigation of the case. Misinformation leads investigators away from the truth. I don't doubt Amaral "believes" what he is saying, but without proof, he has no more than a 50/50 shot of being right. Without Madeline, he has no proof. You or I could go and make a documentary today saying the opposite of what his says. Which would be accurate? Both sides can believe 100% with their hearts that they are telling the truth and expressing exactly what happened. Without proof, it is only opinion.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. What lies beneath down under
    By zwiebel in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2014, 04:39 AM
  2. What Lies Beneath the Casey/Robyn Letters
    By elementary in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 01:03 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 11:50 AM