Remains of 4 Korean War vets identified

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
I waited for a bit before I chose to post this article. I hope that I didn't miss a thread already started.

I wanted to share this because these families have been waiting for decades for word of their loved ones. And as an Army wife I feel for them, as I'm sure many others do too.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420ap_ky_korean_war_soldiers.html

April 3, 2009

The military has identified the remains of four Army soldiers considered missing in action in North Korea nearly 60 years ago.

The Defense Department released the names of three servicemen Friday: Cpl. Lloyd D. Stidham, of Beattyville, Ky.; Cpl. Samuel C. Harris Jr., of Rogersville, Tenn; and Cpl. Robert G. Schoening, of Blaine, Wash. The name of a fourth soldier is being withheld until his family is briefed, according to a statement from the Department of Defense.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers" ~ William Shakespeare ~

RIP and may God Bless your families for your sacrifice and theirs.

I waited for a bit before I chose to post this article. I hope that I didn't miss a thread already started.

I wanted to share this because these families have been waiting for decades for word of their loved ones. And as an Army wife I feel for them, as I'm sure many others do too.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420ap_ky_korean_war_soldiers.html

April 3, 2009

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers" ~ William Shakespeare ~
RIP and may God Bless your families for your sacrifice and theirs.

This means there are only 8,172 still missing. Who knew?

:)Kat, thank you for posting this article, my father had fought in Korea..

O/T Happy Easter Everyone!!

Thank you PFF, I'm glad to see that the families that have waited decades to finally know where their loved one is and can have them returned home to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back