"It's unclear why the woman entered the bear habitat"

TheBugHouse

Correlation does not imply causation.
Reaction score
art.polar.bear.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe...r.bear.attack/
corner_wire_BL.gif

I think she may have had some mental problems. Sounded like she jumped in.
Has someone linked the article?
The bears were being fed when she jumped in. One got a few good bites out of her.

Thank you for the explanation, J Bean. :)
I appreciate it.
:blowkiss:
Maria

Why did she do that? Did she have a death wish?

She must be mentally unbalanced and she is lucky to be alive.

I didn't read the article but I hope the bears are not going to be punished for this.

Someone came into their enclosure and they acted on their instincts.

She is incredibly lucky to be alive. Polar bears are no joke.

Aren't polar bears the most deadly breed of bears? I have to say, I think a person who intentionally enters a bear habitat of any sort has to be a little "off". It's not like she could "free" them or anything like that.

I hope this woman gets some help.

I heard on the Today show that she wanted to befriend them. Definitely has mental issues. I think the one bear wanted to play with her, and of course, a bear plays rough. He kept pulling the back of her pants when she would try to get up the wall to the rescuers.

I don't think the bears are going to be punished. They were just being bears. Isn't this the zoo that Knute is in? I think I saw on the report that he wasn't one of the three that were going for the woman when she went into their enclosure.

in the US that most likely they would have shot the bears because of People like this. Such as those guys teasing the tiger...
I think she should have to jump back in again.

mo

The bears didn't leave their enclosure, the tiger did. While I don't approve of the tiger being shot (maybe with a tranquilizer dart), the situation was different.

The bears didn't leave their enclosure, the tiger did. While I don't approve of the tiger being shot (maybe with a tranquilizer dart), the situation was different.

It's because of peoples' stupidity and lack of respect of the animal...that tiger did what it was meant to do...don't fool with Mother Nature.

You wanna give her an excuse like those 3 young guys? ok.:doh:

No, maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. The boys WERE at fault and the tiger WAS being a tiger. They threatened her and she attacked. That's what I would expect a tiger to do. They shot her because she was a danger to those outside the enclosure, innocent people. I still think they should have tranquilized her instead of killing her. She was a beautiful animal and it wasn't her fault.

The polar bears were only a danger to the woman in the enclosure and she put herself there. That's the difference I was making.

I'm not giving either people involved an excuse in those instances. The boys were stupid and the woman was either stupid or mentally ill.

I was trying to explain why the zoo reacted differently. I personally, don't think it had anything to do with whether it was a US zoo or a European zoo; the circumstances were a little different.

The whole situation with the tiger was infuriating. Animals react according to their instincts and if they feel threatened or they feel their young are being threatened they will react then they are labeled vicious. The only animal I can think of that is intentionally vicious is the human animal. Those boys provoked that tiger.

I love Jack Hanna. He was on David Letterman the other night. He is just too cute.
I am glad to hear the bears will not be euthanized over this. Bears will be bears. If it were not for our footprint on this earth they could be out in the wild where they belong.

I'm not a big fan of zoos.
Animals at the zoos are in cages or enclosures. Why? Becasue they are wild animals. They should be in the wilds, not in cages.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back