664 users online (81 members and 583 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Do you think Ms Huckaby acted alone in this crime?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

117 43.17%
  • No

89 32.84%
  • I don't know

65 23.99%

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I voted alone. And the more I read the more I am convinced this was premedaited for some reason. Why did she ask Sandra older sister to watch her child while going to the church? Why did she leave her cell phone home? No pings to show where she was.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

Is there a reason you called her "Ms Huckaby"? IMO, she doesn't deserve the respect it offers.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Melissa is the source of the statement about Sandra's sister watching her child, the trip to church, and the cell phone and keys being left behind. Take it with a large grain of salt until LE confirms that to be true.

I voted alone. I suspect it will be determined she has violent outbursts, possibly due to drugs, possibly not.

I would LOVE to hear what her ex-husband has to say about her. I wonder if Tracy Press is tracking him down yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I voted alone. And the more I read the more I am convinced this was premedaited for some reason. Why did she ask Sandra older sister to watch her child while going to the church? Why did she leave her cell phone home? No pings to show where she was.

I don't see why people can't believe a woman could do something like this: that being said, If some of the things I am hearing turn out to be true (she previously drugged children, and the police believe she is involved with a pedophile ring), It would be unlikely in that case that she acted alone.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    http://cbs5.com/local/sandra.cantu.arrest.2.982515.html
    watch this video... (the cbs team coverage one) very interesting takes from some of the reporters including the fact that the one call where Melissa was describing the other incident and it cut off (because reporters phone died! Drats!!!!), and also a little piece with the reporter that did the interview that broke this case wide open. I sure do credit that Tracy reporter for following that suitcase story! She really was the impetus to Melissa's arrest!

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    BTW, the completely tied poll at this point goes along with societal perceptions, generally, of female perps... very interesting.

Juxtapose a male for the perp and see if you can see what I mean... would your vote be different?
    When I first learned of the arrest I could not believe that she acted alone because of that stereotypical perception.

I now believe that she acted alone because she is crazy. I think that she was able to tell between right and wrong so she is not legally insane.

I picked yes, that she acted alone...

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

I don't think it's necessarily as much about the gender of the perpetrator as it is her relationship (or lack of one) to the victim that makes people doubt she acted alone. Most women who kill in a rage kill their own family members, their own children, not their children's playmates. Most female sexual predators who kill are working in concert with a male predator. And most people trying to cover up an accident in a panic would involve others as accomplices out of necessity. It's not unheard of I'm sure, but it seems unlikely that it was a rage killing because MH wasn't related to Sandra, wasn't her caretaker, and had very little contact with her, so the next assumptions are that the murder was somehow sexual in nature or an accident of some kind. And in those scenarios, it's more likely that others were involved. Of course it's not impossible she acted alone, just that I think it's less about her being a woman and more about her being a woman unrelated to Sandra.

I voted yes

BTW, the completely tied poll at this point goes along with societal perceptions, generally, of female perps... very interesting.

Juxtapose a male for the perp and see if you can see what I mean... would your vote be different?
    It would. I'd be more confident. Sorry, but I still think female sexual abusers are few and far between. Unfortunately, MH may be one of the few.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by Anna1953 View Post
    I voted yes
    Hi Anna, welcome to WS.

I don't think it's all over- but

All I could honestly vote was " I don't know" because I don't think we do know if any more arrests are forthcoming.

I don't base my thoughts on the fact that she's a woman, and a mother, because I know that women/ mothers do kill children. But- they kill their own children or children placed in their care ( babysitters, step-mothers, etc). Not a neighbor who could have just closed the door on the little girl and not had any responsibility for her in any way.
    I think the most bizarre thing to come out of this thus far is the way she spilled her guts to the media, apparently without restraint. Self- preservation is our most basic instinct.
    It's even more startling because she is already in legal trouble. She's not a naive kid. She knows what it's like to be handcuffed, fingerprinted, booked, photographed, searched, valuables removed, and placed in a holding cell while someone bailed her out.
    Something's obviously seriously wrong with her mental processes, whether she did this alone or with an accomplice.
    I can't really understand how she was " together" enough to dump little Sandra's body m the country in that horrid sludge pool full of cow manure runoff and get herself back home. There are reasons they keep searchng the church and the shed. Maybe its's all related to Melissa, but maybe not..
    So, no, I'm not sure if she committed all aspects of the crime alone.

Yes, my vote would be different. It is very unusual for a woman to kidnap and kill a child. Not that it couldn't happen. I think we've all seen that there is no limit to what a given person might do.

Why was she in such a hurry to get to the church and couldn't find her car keys?
    Was she late to 'meet' someone and he/they would be mad?
    Plan was to deliver Sandra at a certain time for internet show?
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I dont know yet, something just tells me we have not heard the end of this.
    Maybe by herself in this case, but could she have been involved with other cases of child abuse less than murder.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast