Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. flagged ship Captain Richard Phillips Rescued

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

U.S. flagged ship Captain Richard Phillips Rescued

Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! What a wonderful Easter day in the U.S. of A!

When Obama called on the SEALs, they answered the call and killed Bin Laden. When the SEALs called on Obama, he didn't answer, and they were killed.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

What a wonderful Easter blessing!

I'm so overjoyed for Captain Phillips, his family, and those of the rest of the crew, as well!

Go Navy!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DEPUTYDAWG For This Useful Post:

This is GREAT news!! What a wonderful gift on Easter Sunday!!! - Go U.S.A. !!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LovingTheChaos For This Useful Post:

The Captain looks fantastic, too!
    When Obama called on the SEALs, they answered the call and killed Bin Laden. When the SEALs called on Obama, he didn't answer, and they were killed.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Richard Phillips gave himself willingly to the Pirates in exchange for the release of his crew.

He jumped overboard and attempted to swim to safety, but was recaptured under a barrage of gunfire.

He jumped overboard again, giving the Navy the opportunity to kill & capture those SOB pirates and bring him to freedom.

I'd say Richard Phillips is the embodiment of True American Spirit.

...and our Navy has again proven it's the best in the world.

Happy Easter!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PattiAnn For This Useful Post:

You're right, Patti Ann ... Captain Richard Phillips is a True American Hero! I'm so proud of him!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    The Captain looks fantastic, too!
    Amazingly so! I'm stunned, but in such a good way!

P.S. Hi Liz!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEPUTYDAWG For This Useful Post:

They shot 3 and saved 1 to talk!

Brilliant! Excellent job!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

LOL, SS

I'd say that's an understatement, too!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DEPUTYDAWG For This Useful Post:

I am so happy for his family and for his crew!! Wow! What a wonderful Easter present for everyone!

Kudos to our Navy boys!!! (Tossing them an Easter egg filled with joy and kisses!)
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Speaking of the Maersk crew, SS .... I want them to be released!
    They're kinda being held hostage by the FBI. They need to be set free, too!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

I agree!! FREE THEM ALL! It is PARTY TIME!!!

(Tossing them cases of beer and pizzas in the shape of Easter eggs)
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

24. The Following User Says Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

THIS THRILLS MY HEART! I am so HAPPY for this HERO and his family! God Bless them ALL!! And God Bless America!!!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy Road For This Useful Post:

Heck yeah!!!!

Wonder how this lone thug is feeling, right about now?
    Damn that 20/20 hindsight, huh, Buddy? Woulda, coulda, shoulda...NOT picked on the US of A!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to DEPUTYDAWG For This Useful Post:

I posted up thread, but I'm just sitting here in happy tears. After all the sad news we've had here lately (Sandra, Caylee, Haliegh), this wonderful, WONDERFUL news about Captain Phillips has overwhelmed me with joy. I just can't tell you how joyful it makes me that he will be able to go home to his loving family! No doubt that the reunion will be an emotional one and that their bond will be stronger than ever before. God Bless!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsy Road For This Useful Post:

Call me pessimistic, but I'm not sure this will end here. Remember Somalia is holding over 100 hostages from other hijackings. Negoliations with Somalia elders failed because they would not allow the US to take prisoners. It seems to me we should be concerned about a countermove. These people are ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG View Post
    Wonder how this lone thug is feeling, right about now?
    Damn that 20/20 hindsight, huh, Buddy? Woulda, coulda, shoulda...NOT picked on the US of A!

Right, didn't the pirates announce that they were not intimidated by the U.S. Navy? Whoops...

“We are not scared,” the pirates’ spokesman, Sugule Ali, said in a telephone interview on Tuesday. “You only die once.”

It kills me that pirates have spokesman.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/wo...02pirates.html

Somalia Foreign Minister: "We are very happy at this action and the outcome."

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    Call me pessimistic, but I'm not sure this will end here. Remember Somalia is holding over 100 hostages from other hijackings. Negoliations with Somalia elders failed because they would not allow the US to take prisoners. It seems to me we should be concerned about a countermove. These people are ruthless.
    Long-term, and maybe short-term, you've got a good point. As they've been mentioning, normally these pirates haven't been killing crews. That may change, but I hope not.

What this has done is bring it more to the public's knowledge (at least in the US) and I bet we'll see more tactics deployed to combat this growing international issue. At least I hope some good will come of this.

I still can't believe these little flea thugs can wreak so much havoc (sp)...

Quote Originally Posted by PattiAnn View Post
    Right, didn't the pirates announce that they were not intimidated by the U.S. Navy? Whoops...

“We are not scared,” the pirates’ spokesman, Sugule Ali, said in a telephone interview on Tuesday. “You only die once.”

Oops, today was their day (3 out of 4!)

Go Navy sharpshooters!
    Go USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    Buzz Kill! LOL

I know you are right, but we have to celebrate the victories over the small battles within the wars. I am sure they are concerned about a countermove, but this maneuver also puts us in a position of control over one of their own. They are out the money this was supposed to raise, too. Three hits to their organization by this recovery and capture. We are going to use this to our advantage by not stopping there, imo. I expect to hear more coming out of Somalia in the next few days.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

38. The Following User Says Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by PattiAnn View Post

About that "pirate spokesperson", PattiAnn, I dug this quote up of his from last October:

In a 45-minute interview, Mr. Sugule spoke on everything from what the pirates wanted (“just money”) to why they were doing this (“to stop illegal fishing and dumping in our waters”) to what they had to eat on board (rice, meat, bread, spaghetti, “you know, normal human-being food”).

He said that so far, in the eyes of the world, the pirates had been misunderstood. “We don’t consider ourselves sea bandits,” he said. “We consider sea bandits those who illegally fish in our seas and dump waste in our seas and carry weapons in our seas. We are simply patrolling our seas. Think of us like a coast guard.”

Love that ... "Think of us like a coast guard"!!! (and shaking head)

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    This is the best news I've heard in a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    About that "pirate spokesperson", PattiAnn, I dug this quote up of his from last October:

In a 45-minute interview, Mr. Sugule spoke on everything from what the pirates wanted (“just money”) to why they were doing this (“to stop illegal fishing and dumping in our waters”) to what they had to eat on board (rice, meat, bread, spaghetti, “you know, normal human-being food”).

He said that so far, in the eyes of the world, the pirates had been misunderstood. “We don’t consider ourselves sea bandits,” he said. “We consider sea bandits those who illegally fish in our seas and dump waste in our seas and carry weapons in our seas. We are simply patrolling our seas. Think of us like a coast guard.”

Love that ... "Think of us like a coast guard"!!! (and shaking head)
    So even pirate spokesmen practice spin control

42. The Following User Says Thank You to PattiAnn For This Useful Post:

byo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast