VA VA - Jaisle Thomas, 17, Richmond, 12 April 1998

MadeaBecBec

"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's
Reaction score
This child went missing 11 years ago today! The Day before Easter! She had just turned 17 on March 3, I feel so sorry for her and her family, Let's see if we can help find her.
Here's her link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2328dfva.html
Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas
Missing since April 12, 1998 from Richmond, Virginia
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: March 3, 1981
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5 - 5'6"; 115 - 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian (South Indian) female. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Thomas has an oval-shaped birthmark on the shin of her left leg and a black mole on her left shin just below her knee. Her ears are pierced. She is right-handed.
Clothing: A blue blouse with a white dot design, blue pants, and a small chain around her neck.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Thomas was last seen in Richmond, Virginia on April 12, 1998.
She planned to drive to the University Of Richmond and visit the school's library on the day of her disappearance, to do some research for school.
Her vehicle was discovered abandoned on the Willey Bridge between Henrico County and Richmond at 3:20 p.m. that day. Thomas's keys were missing, but the remainder of her personal belongings, including her wallet and driver's license, some cash, her work uniform, her paycheck, a camera, her Bible, and her sneakers were inside the car.
She was a good student and had a part-time job at Ukrop’s grocery store; she was supposed to report to work on the evening of the day she vanished but did not. That Sunday she was supposed to give an announcement at her church. Thomas's family was planning a trip to New York for the Easter Weekend following her disappearance and she was supposed to go along. She is described as an intelligent, well-behaved and religious person.
Thomas was born in Brooklyn, New York. She was an eleventh-grade student at Tucker High School in Richmond at the time of her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Henrico County Police Department
804-501-5000 email police@co.henrico.va.us

Agency Case Number: 98-0412012 NCIC Number: Not Entered

Here is a UID that you might be able to rule-out with one call, MadeaBecBec, due to dental records. (Or find if already ruled out.)

Case Information
NamUs-UP #: 2436
Case Number: 99101590
NCIC Number: U220000753
Date Found: 1999-11-01 11:11:00
Date Entered: 2008-08-25 11:11:00
Date Modified: 2008-08-26 12:07:00

GPS Found: N/A
Address Found: KS, Shawnee County
Estimated Age: Adult
Minimum Age: 18 years
Maximum Age: 38 years
Race: Unsure
Ethnicity: N/A
Sex: Female
Weight (lbs.): 0, Cannot Estimate
Height (inch): 67, Estimated
Condition: Complete Skeleton

Probable Year of Death: 1998

Est. Postmortem Interval: N/A N/A
DNA Profile Status: N/A
Circumstances of Death: Remains found in Kansas City, Kan

Dental Comments: EXTENSIVE DENTAL W0RK DCH AVAILABLE C0NTACT DET TERRY MAST 913 573 6036 0R DR FRAYER 785 864 2633

https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=2436&=3&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

Capoly: I'll have LE/ME check them out!!! I'm sending them emails....
I really hope Jaisle just ran off with someone that she fell in love with and they're living heavenly ever after... Not sure why she wouldn't contact her family, though!! Unless, it was someone that she knew they wouldn't approve of, nevertheless, I'm praying for all of them to receive a happy ending to this tragic case!

There is also this possible but the age is out, though the height, ears pierced and ethnicity is close enough to make it a possible:

Unidentified Black Female

The victim was discovered on May 2, 2000 in Waverly, Richmond City, Virginia
State of Remains: Decomposed

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 33-50 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7".
Distinguishing Characteristics: Left ear pierced; antemortem nasal trauma.
Fingerprints: Partial prints recovered.
Dentals: Chart Available; had fillings.

Case History
The victim was found at 3474 Atlantic Lane in the Sussex County Landfill in Waverly, Virginia on May 2, 2000.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Brian Spatola
Virginia Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
202-680-3622
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
C0276-00

NCIC Number:
U-790001031
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

:bump: for Jaisle, missing 15 years this week. :cry:

Snipped:

Her vehicle was discovered abandoned on the Willey Bridge between Henrico County and Richmond at 3:20 p.m. that day. Jaisle's keys were missing, but the remainder of her personal belongings, including her wallet and driver's license, some cash, her work uniform, her paycheck, a camera, her Bible, and her sneakers were inside the car. There was no other sign of her at the scene and she has never been heard from again.

syPlN2r.jpg

Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas​

Just thinking about Jaisle today and how little information is available about her. Her case is earily similar to Jill Edmonds who also disapeared on a bridge outside of Richmond.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616&highlight=jill+edmonds

Car recovered January 25th, 2010 on a bridge over the James River. Single/divorced, no children. Bank teller.
-No substantial reason to suspect suicide other than the circumstances surrounding her disappearance.
Remains found in the James River in Charles City County.

Hi all, I'm just going to put up links to these two threads, from the Randy Allen Taylor and Alexis Murphy case thread.

Many of us delved deep into the background of RAT and the results leave open many possibilities. One of the threads was about possible victims of RAT. We also discussed the possibility that at some point in time that he may have crossed paths or even known Richard Evonitz.
Suspect: Randy Allen Taylor -- Background - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
RAT Background
Possible Victims - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Possible Victims

This child went missing 11 years ago today! The Day before Easter! She had just turned 17 on March 3, I feel so sorry for her and her family, Let's see if we can help find her.
Here's her link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2328dfva.html
Jaisle Elizabeth Thomas
Missing since April 12, 1998 from Richmond, Virginia
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: March 3, 1981
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5 - 5'6"; 115 - 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Asian (South Indian) female. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Thomas has an oval-shaped birthmark on the shin of her left leg and a black mole on her left shin just below her knee. Her ears are pierced. She is right-handed.
Clothing: A blue blouse with a white dot design, blue pants, and a small chain around her neck.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Thomas was last seen in Richmond, Virginia on April 12, 1998.
She planned to drive to the University Of Richmond and visit the school's library on the day of her disappearance, to do some research for school.
Her vehicle was discovered abandoned on the Willey Bridge between Henrico County and Richmond at 3:20 p.m. that day. Thomas's keys were missing, but the remainder of her personal belongings, including her wallet and driver's license, some cash, her work uniform, her paycheck, a camera, her Bible, and her sneakers were inside the car.
She was a good student and had a part-time job at Ukrop’s grocery store; she was supposed to report to work on the evening of the day she vanished but did not. That Sunday she was supposed to give an announcement at her church. Thomas's family was planning a trip to New York for the Easter Weekend following her disappearance and she was supposed to go along. She is described as an intelligent, well-behaved and religious person.
Thomas was born in Brooklyn, New York. She was an eleventh-grade student at Tucker High School in Richmond at the time of her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Henrico County Police Department
804-501-5000 email police@co.henrico.va.us

Agency Case Number: 98-0412012 NCIC Number: Not Entered
http://www.wheniseastersunday.com/year/1998/ April 12th was Easter and Ukrops was not open on Sundays.

I just came across Jaisle's case. I live close to the Willey bridge, so it's had me thinking. For starters people jump off bridges in Richmond, especially around that time period. Perhaps the idea spread. Jill had been described by some as not being suicidal, but then it came out she was on medication for depression and struggled with it. Jill's body was found months later 30 miles away in the water and likely was badly beaten up by that long in decomp and being dragged. I recall when Stacy Peterson's body was found people theorized she had been decapitated, but the current can do cruel things. That is a long way to travel though. Coroner's report was death by drowning. I'm inclined to think that was a suicide.

Jaisle very well could have been a suicide also. It is strange her remains haven't surfaced by now though. She could have had car trouble and perhaps someone picked her up. Maybe she staged a disappearance and had someone to pick her up? I never heard anything about the condition of her car when found other than it was locked, and she took her keys. Although it you're on the fence about jumping perhaps you take your keys just in case you change your mind. It's a pretty area with a dam in the distance and shoulders to pull over. According to wikipedia the water is fairly shallow there. I read in an article a witness saw her walking away from the car but no other witnesses. It's a beautiful smooth, fairly level S shaped bridge. Not a bridge you'd freeze up on while driving and need to stop.

According to the Charley project
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/thomas_jaisle.html her family believes she was kidnapped by young kids jealous of her? I can't find any background on this. Family unable to accept suicide or was she having problems with people at school?

In 2013 Mark Anthony Christian's vehicle was found abandoned on the same bridge at 6:00AM. No sign he jumped. He has not been found either. I don't remember this even getting attention locally other finding a post here or there:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/christian_mark.html

Bump for Jaisle.
The only new thing regarding Jaisle is a Reddit post someone made 9 months ago which is an interesting read, found by googling Jaisle Thomas.

According to the Charley project
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/thomas_jaisle.html her family believes she was kidnapped by young kids jealous of her? I can't find any background on this. Family unable to accept suicide or was she having problems with people at school?
The Charley Project cites an open letter by one Rev. Dr. Thomas Ambalaveli, which is the source of these claims. Dr. Ambalaveli is Jaisle's father. The link on Charley Project no longer works, but if you look on Wayback Machine, you can read it here. It was published on June 1, 2001.

Dr. Ambalaveli doesn't elaborate too much on the belief that she was kidnapped by some jealous kids, just states that's his and his family's suspicion -- but it seems they were very upset with police for not investigating thoroughly or following up on leads. Dr. Ambalaveli says that the police didn't initially take it seriously because they initially assumed Jaisle ran away (though she took practically nothing with her but the clothes on her back). When she didn't turn up, LE eventually shifted towards believing it was a suicide (according to that letter, the lead investigator Timothy Morris also speculated she had "gone with some boys", though Dr. Ambalaveli felt this to be baseless). I really feel for the family. It says at the end of the letter that, as of 2001, they still believed she was alive.

I think we need to be realistic here. Whenever a car is found abandoned by a bridge it normally points to suicide. Jaisle left her personal belongings in the car and she was last seen walking away from the vehicle on her own.

The family's theory that she was kidnapped by "jealous kids" is probably their way of coping, rather than accepting the tragedy that she killed herself, not to mention the social stigma it carries in some cultures.

Bump for Jaisle.
The only new thing regarding Jaisle is a Reddit post someone made 9 months ago which is an interesting read, found by googling Jaisle Thomas.
It appears to have been deleted.

Bump for Jaisle, I still think of her disappearance often.

I've been researching her disappearance for a while now and do think suicide is a strong possibility. I live in Richmond and that bridge isn't one that people normally park and walk over, like the other more historical bridges in our area, there's only a shoulder and it's incredibly long. It would be interesting to know where she parked on the bridge, I haven't been able to find that mentioned anywhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back