OK OK - Vicki Hill, 23, Tulsa, 5 September 1984

dollie

Reaction score
I just ran on to this site by accident. Vicki Hill was a twenty-three year old woman, and was relative of mine. She was stabbed to death in her apartment at the Westport Apartments in Tulsa, Oklahoma, September, 1984.To my knowledge, there has never been a strong lead. At first family was told it was very possibly a serial killer, then she was possibly murdered by mistake (being confused with another woman in the same apartment complex that lived one apartment over and looked very similiar to her). It has been close to 25 years and it is very discouraging.

As the best I remember on the evening of her death (around 7 pm) she was supposed to attend a Home Decorator Party. She walked out her apartment to check to see if her car would start (I believe she had been having trouble with it). It didn't start and she went back in to call the host of the party to let her know she wouldn't be able to make it. It was when she hung up that her attacker stabbed her to death. It was theorized he hid in the pantry waiting for her, and because there was so much blood at the murder scene, it was thought the murderer stayed in the apartment till it got dark enough to leave.
Her husband came home at 2am from work and found her. Of course family was interrogated and cleared.

Just wonder if anyone has any information or heard of this case. You can find it on Tulsa Cold Case Files at the TPD website. Just look under Vicki Hill in 1984.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks for the response. I didn't know if anyone would even read it, and there was not much to go on, so I am going to throw out a hypothetical situation and see what you think:

What if Vicki had surgery, and the physician messed her up to the point that she possibly would have to have corrective surgery. She told him she was going to report him to his professional board as she did not want anyone else to go through what she did. She even consulted an attorney. As he had many other complaints lodged against him, he tried to make amends. Not long after, Vicki was murdered. Shortly after, this physician was arrested for drug use.

Do you feel this person would be a promising suspect, or is this just an unfortunate coincidence.

Sorry everyone, I posted an addendum to my initial positing, and it came up as a response , not a new thread.

As people do read these postings I would like to throw out a hypothetical situation:

What if Vicki needed surgery, had it, and as a result was messed up so much corrective surgery was a strong possibility. She told this physician that she planned on reporting him to his professional board, as she did not want anyone else to go through what she did. She even consulted an attorney. Since he had other complaints lodged at him in the past, he tried to make amends. Not long after, she was murdered and shortly after this he was arrested for use/sale of drugs.

Do you feel he might be a suspect, or is this just an unfortunate coincidence?

dollie,

First, welcome to Websleuths. And so sorry that you have lost a relative to violence and the case is unsolved.

You post indicates that LE has posed two scenarios, one being a serial killer and the other being mistaken identity. Those two alone are light years apart. The third scenario of the "bad doctor" takes you down yet another path, premeditated murder motivated by gain (the end of the lawsuit). It would be helpful to know what forensic or witness testimony there is.

Here is a link to the Tulsa D cold case post; it includes a picture of Vicki. Scroll down to "Vicki Hill."

http://www.tulsapolice.org/unsolved/Name.asp?FormName=Search_Name&FormAction=search&VLast=H

Serial killer Gary Alan Walker was active in Tulsa and arrested for the murders of 5 people but was taken off the streets before Vicki's death.

As far as the possibility of her being killed by a serial killer vs her being mistakenly killed because she resembled someone else in the same apartment complex, these were some of the theories the family was told per law enforcement at the beginning of the investigation. Apparently neither of these were the answer.

As far as the physician, and this was something she was dealing with, I am sure it was an odd coincidence.

My opinion is that either: 1) She was randomly killed by someone that may have died during the last 25 years or, 2) If he still alive, and I really doubt it, maybe sometime he will let it slip to someone accidentally.

Thanks for your response-I really appreciate it!

I just wondered if there were any unsolved murder cases during the 1980's in the Oklahoma area, (other than Gary Alan Walker), for comparison.

There are a number on the Tulsa PD website, right where you found Vicki. You can search by date, so you can start with the year of her death and go back and forward. I looked at three or four years on either side but didn't see anything with similarities that jumped out at me.

The only cases I thought were connected to each other were two murders of African-American women killed in fires.

As I was going through alot of old papers the other day, I came across some information that I had saved. (Since it has been 25 years, I am surprised I hadn't accidently been thrown out).

It was clippings from a newspaper describing the arrest of the physician I was talking about in one of my previous posts. Not only was he involved in using drugs, but he was apparently in a drug ring that involved other professionals. The DEA confiscated art work, cars, etc. and he, along with others involved, were arrested and went through drug rehab.

It goes against the grain to think anyone would murder someone, particularly with this person being a professional (I know it is a naive thought). I guess at one time in the past I felt he was strong suspect. This also jogs my memory because I do remember someone saying when he had been arrested they questioned him on his possible involvement in her murder, but apparently he had an alibi.

If I come across more information through digging around old papers I will post it.

One more thing, my heart goes out to those with friends and relatives that are missing. At least with Vicki, we know she is at rest. For those that go from day to day not knowing if their loved one even exists must be heart-wrenching, and my heart and prayers go out to you.

I'm another relative of Vicki's, I found this doing a google search to find the date of the murder.

There are a couple of other points I remember being discussed back when it happened, but I don't know how important or truthful they were.

First, there was supposed to be some animosity between Vicki and one of her husband's female cousins (or maybe it was some other kind of relative, but I think it was a cousin). Supposedly she had been asking to borrow money a lot and asked to borrow a large sum, and Vicki told her no and there was an argument about it.

Secondly, I had heard that the police said that someone who was know to be or suspected to be a hitman with organized crimes was in Tulsa during the time that the murder took place. If I remember correctly, he was from San Francisco. There was speculation that he may have been hired by the doctor who had messed up her oral surgery.

Big D, when you get some time please PM me.

Thanks!

Thank You Waunakeegan - Throughout the years I haven't heard or read if there was anyone mentioning in Vickie Marie Hill. I don't know if anyone in the family is still with us, co-workers-and or friends. I worked with Vicki at the paper company. I will never forget Vicki-its been over 36 years since this horrible tragedy.
I did talk with one of the investigators in Cold Case at TPD-they haven't forgotten her either. My hopes is that there will be a answer in my life time.

Vicki Hill, 23, was found murdered in her home, an apartment she shared with her husband at the Westport Apartment Complex. Her husband, who worked an evening shift, returned home at 2 p.m. on Sept. 5, 1984, to find Hill stabbed to death in the apartment’s living room

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back