WA - Newborn found dead in 14yo's bedroom, Federal Way, 9 April 2009

http://www.komonews.com/news/42857417.html

KENT, Wash. - Prosecutors said the father of a newborn baby found dead this week in the bedroom of her 14-year-old mother had been having sexual relations with the mother at least once a week since she was 13.

The dead newborn's mother also is under arrest for investigation of second-degree murder. Police say she intentionally killed the baby - that something was specifically done to the child after it was born.

King County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Dan Donohoe says the 14-year-old mother will likely have her first appearance in Juvenile Court on Monday afternoon.

Police said the newborn's father is not suspected of being involved in the baby girl's death in any manner. No friends or family members showed up at his bail hearing, and he spoke through a Spanish translator.

The name of the newborn's mother is being withheld because she is a juvenile.

I have such ugly thoughts right now after reading that article. First let me say that this 14 yr old girl doesn't need to be in prison, she needs to be in custody where she can get good psychological help long term. She's going to need it.

Second, that 20 yr old man that has been charged with second degree child rape needs to have more charges against him. He is a grown man that has been having sexual intercourse with a child for the past year. Was he not aware that she was pregnant?

And I rarely if ever do this, in fact I can't remember where I have said anything about a victim's (2 victims in this case) Mother (grandmother) but who was raising this 13 yr old? How do you not know that your 13 yr old has been sexually active with a 20 yr old for a year? How do you not know that your 13-14 yr old is pregnant?

It makes me do that KC Anthony "C'mon"! and clinch my fists and snarl.

Sorry for the rant.

:( ...that's all I have to say on this one.

I think this says it all "No friends or family members showed up at his bail hearing, and he spoke through a Spanish translator. "God this poor child has been failed on so many levels.. raped by an adult..no one intervened obviously..Gets pregnatand proabably had no medical care at all during her pregnancy, gives birth on her own ( most liklely) how scary for a 14 yr old.. baby dies intentionally..this poor baby .. and the 14 yr old. Its just tragic no child or infant should have to go thru this.. why didnt the school report her pregnancy or someone.. how could no one notice? How could everyone just let this happen to this child? Just another heartbreaking story.. things like this should never freaking happen

Unbelievable...
WHY? When there are so many couples who can't have kids and would love anyone one of these babies we read about daily!! :furious:

Why did her family members not take her to the hospital?? Quote from article..... "Earlier in the day the teenager told family members she had been bleeding heavily and asked to be taken to a hospital, police say" This was senseless.

found an update that answers some questions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30209127/

The documents say the girl's mother called the morning of Feb. 9 to wake the Totem Middle Schooler up for class - while the girl was in labor - but the girl said nothing.

After giving birth she took a nap.

She didn't want her mother to find the baby so she "put the inside of her forearm outside of the blanket, on top of the baby's face and pressed down hard."

The girl said she kept her arm down for about 10 seconds, until the baby stopped moving.

God bless this child.

Which child are you blessing? I think they both need blessed!

I know what she did was horrible but it seems as if she didnt think she had a choice!...if she didnt want her mother to know about the baby...maybe there is some abuse there? there is certainly sex abuse going on with the 20 year old boyfirend...so that makes at least neglect going on from the parents for not knowing what was happening to their daughter...

I hate what she did but I feel for her as well

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back