1340 users online (324 members and 1016 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Will Casey's defense team implicate someone else in Caylee's murder?

Voters
330. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

24 7.27%
  • Yes, another member of the Anthony family.

69 20.91%
  • Yes, one of Casey's former love interests.

164 49.70%
  • Yes, a former/current friend of Casey's.

100 30.30%
  • Yes, a stranger.

46 13.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2009.04.13 Baez requests phone records - POLL

http://www.wftv.com/news/19166857/detail.html

Cell phone records requested include those for Cindy, George, Lee, and Casey's last three boyfriends (Tony, Jesse, and Ricardo).

I've wondered for a while if the defense was going to point fingers at Casey's parents and brother for Caylee's death.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by awakewriter; 04-13-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: unnecessary letter in title, added poll
    Caylee, "He will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of his hand."

Humm, I notice he threw DC in there, I wonder if he wants to use this subpoena to find out what info LE has regarding the phone calls and the tip on November 15th ? Maybe there is more than one purpose for this subpoena. I have no doubt that, if he can, he will use whoever he can to point the finger at during trial, my guess has always been Jesse or Ricardo.

My, he is a busy bee..Could be dual purpose. The Anthonys may want to see their phone records, ya know, for their research. He may want to check them to see if the Anthonys were on the phone with DC or himself at the crucial times. As far as the lovers, checking to see when and where they were when they spoke with kc...and to see if they were talking to DC....lol
    Last edited by JBean; 04-13-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: fixed abbreviated name. Use Anthony's or A's please

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    My, he is a busy bee..Could be dual purpose. The Anthonys may want to see their phone records, ya know, for their research. He may want to check them to see if the Anthonys were on the phone with DC or himself at the crucial times. As far as the lovers, checking to see when and where they were when they spoke with kc...and to see if they were talking to DC....lol
    He may also need DC's phone records to fight the recent bar investigation / complaint filed by DC and Judge Strickland.
    Last edited by JBean; 04-13-2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: edit quoted post

Since there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that points to anyone but Casey committing the murder, I think team Baez (if he is still representing her) will just let the state try to prove she did and all he plans to do is poke holes in all their evidence (a' la OJ)

Hmmm. I've always believed this case may very well come down to George A's credbility given that if it wasn't for George claiming to see Casey with Caylee on June 16, 2008, the last time anyone can and/or will confirm Caylee to be alive was the day before, June 15, 2008 when Caylee was seen in the custody of CINDY (assisted living facility and SP's home in Mt. Dora) NOT CASEY. This one statement and the clothes found with Caylee's remains are going to be huge at trial. And yes, it will come down to George's word. All Cindy can say is she "heard" the sound of breathing when listening at the door which is hardly proof positive. Has George been completely cooperative and truthful with LE, the FBI and ZFG's lawyer? If not, it stands to reason people may question the credibility of his other statements, including when he last saw Casey and Caylee.

Moo

DT

“Do you not know that there comes a midnight hour when every one has to throw off his mask? Do you believe that life will always let itself be mocked? Do you think you can slip away a little before midnight in order to avoid this? Or are you not terrified by it?" - Soren Kierkegaard

I say all of them "but No". I think they are checking them to see if any of the phone records will work, or shed a doubt for trail.

Try as he might to point the finger of blame away from Casey unless/until Baez can clearly establish an alibi for his client, he's wasting his time.

“Do you not know that there comes a midnight hour when every one has to throw off his mask? Do you believe that life will always let itself be mocked? Do you think you can slip away a little before midnight in order to avoid this? Or are you not terrified by it?" - Soren Kierkegaard

Oh how I wish I knew what the heck Baez was up to. I voted he will attempt to implicate Casey's family. I haven't heard any indication from the defense side that they are going with "jesse did it" just from GA and CA. who knows who's next to be implicated?!

Quote Originally Posted by DAWN TREADER View Post
    Hmmm. I've always believed this case may very well come down to George A's credbility given that if it wasn't for George claiming to see Casey with Caylee on June 16, 2008, the last time anyone can and/or will confirm Caylee to be alive was the day before, June 15, 2008 when Caylee was seen in the custody of CINDY (assisted living facility and SP's home in Mt. Dora) NOT CASEY. This one statement and the clothes found with Caylee's remains are going to be huge at trial. And yes, it will come down to George's word. All Cindy can say is she "heard" the sound of breathing when listening at the door which is hardly proof positive. Has George been completely cooperative and truthful with LE, the FBI and ZFG's lawyer? If not, it stands to reason people may question the credibility of his other statements, including when he last saw Casey and Caylee.

Moo

DT
    If it wasn't for that unbelievably compelling "excited utterance" of "It smells like a dead body in the car!" on the 911 call, it is highly likely that KC would have long ago attempted to throw CA under the bus. She would have been the perfect patsy. She is obviously unhinged with anger management issues. She fought with KC over Caylee, and according to witnesses wanted to take her away from KC. If the fight story is legit she tried to strangel KC the night this all went down.

She could have been the perfect scapegoat if she hadn't gone and called 911.

Doesn't he need to specify a time period for the phone records?
    Like from such and such to such and such.

I think the Dream Team has already chosen Cindy. She would have washed and folded the blanket and Caylee's little clothes and put them away. A hair, a flake of fingernail, a bit of flaked skin would be a DNA high probability. The motive: she would rather see Caylee dead than have her taken away to live the life her mother would drag her through. The phone records would be to write the scenario and make it fit without alerting the unsuspecting defender of their "innocent" client. It might be enough to cast reasonable doubt. And KC hates her mother. Her grandmother said so.

I voted for a former lover because that's as stupid as JB's work to defend Casey.
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

Quote Originally Posted by Daylight/1257 View Post
    I think the Dream Team has already chosen Cindy. She would have washed and folded the blanket and Caylee's little clothes and put them away. A hair, a flake of fingernail, a bit of flaked skin would be a DNA high probability. The motive: she would rather see Caylee dead than have her taken away to live the life her mother would drag her through. The phone records would be to write the scenario and make it fit without alerting the unsuspecting defender of their "innocent" client. It might be enough to cast reasonable doubt. And KC hates her mother. Her grandmother said so.
    Good points, all.

I found it suspicious that KC was shunning her parents during court appearances until Baez told her to greet them.
    Caylee, "He will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of his hand."

Can JB do that, or does he have to show some cause????

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast