Tracy Reporter Helped Crack this Case

Kudos to Jennifer Wadsworth!! She is on her way to making quite a name for herself as a journalist, imo. To go from hearing a rumor that a female associated with the case may have tried to commit suicide to investigating who was in the hospital etc...to breaking the case wide open is spectacular!! She deserves a raise!! :)

ETA: And she is ONLY 22 years old! Fantastic work!

Yes, she brought the inconsistent statements to LE. Have to wonder if that's why Tracy PD was staying at the hospital -or- if they were already suspicious of Huckaby at the time.

Yes, she brought the inconsistent statements to LE. Have to wonder if that's why Tracy PD was staying at the hospital -or- if they were already suspicious of Huckaby at the time.
According to Sgt. Sheneman today on channel 10 news online Q and A session...they were already investigating Huckaby before the statements to the reporter came to light. He said she was the reason they were at the church etc.

Has there been a cause of death reported yet?

In the article referenced above it says that investigators believe Sandra was killed at the church--the church where Melissa's grandfather was the minister.

I think I read that paragraph correctly. Someone double check please!
I couldn't copy and paste.
Yes. It is correct.

No. No COD has been reported and I don't expect to hear of one until the Preliminary hearing which won't be for awhile. LE are still waiting on the Toxicology results to come back, imo.

This is a rush transcript from "On the Record ," April 14, 2009. This copy may not be in its final form and may be updated.
GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: Now you get the inside story about that accused killer of eight year old Sandra Cantu.
Twenty-eight year old Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby is under arrest for the child's murder. Huckaby appearing in court today accused of rape, kidnapping, and murder. Police say a reporter for the Tracy Press named Jennifer Wadsworth helped break the case. Jennifer landed an interview with the now-accused killer that gave police some very important clues. Jennifer joins us live outside the jail where Huckaby is being held. Nice to see you Jennifer. And Jennifer, what happened? What brought you into this investigation? (More at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,515937,00.html

There are some interesting (and creepy) comments following this story.
Look out for vocal defenders of MH to surface in the coming days. IMO, there's a lot more to this than meets the eye at the moment.

Way to go, Jennifer! I doubt you'll ever read this, but I hope you never lose that enthusiasm and idealism.

*Never sell out. Never let yourself get jaded.*

I have nothing to do with the news business, but if I did you'd get a raise, a promotion and a huge "Atta girl!"

This story shows how it important to be very careful and not let ourselves get carried away in anger over what happened to sweet, beautiful little Sandra Cantu. A second, innocent woman named Melissa Huckaby lives in Tracy, CA. She's also 28 years old, a single mother of a 5 year old and is a Sunday school teacher. Apparently she's been getting death threats and her whole family is traumatised:

California Sunday School Teacher Mistaken for Accused Child Killer
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Associated Press

Please pardon me if you have come across this message posted on other threads, but it's so important to get the word out even to future visitors or casual visitors who may read only this thread.

Please pardon me if you have come across this message posted on other threads, but it's so important to get the word out even to future visitors or casual visitors who may read only this thread.
Well, you have now posted this same or similar thing about 18 times.
It's called spamming, and I am fairly certain it is against TOS.
I think we "get it".

This story shows how it important to be very careful and not let ourselves get carried away in anger over what happened to sweet, beautiful little Sandra Cantu. A second, innocent woman named Melissa Huckaby lives in Tracy, CA. She's also 28 years old, a single mother of a 5 year old and is a Sunday school teacher. Apparently she's been getting death threats and her whole family is traumatised:

California Sunday School Teacher Mistaken for Accused Child Killer
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Associated Press

There's already another thread devoted to this topic, it's titled "Mistaken Identity".

There are some interesting (and creepy) comments following this story.
Look out for vocal defenders of MH to surface in the coming days. IMO, there's a lot more to this than meets the eye at the moment.
It is to be expected. I am never surprised at the wackos that come out to comment on everything anymore. There are so many trolls on those type of sites I rarely bother to read them. :rolleyes:

Jennifer Wadsworth has done it once again! She cracked the story on the other little girl!

Thank you Jennifer! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back