2009.04.13 State To Seek Death Penalty For Casey Anthony #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry If this has been mentioned before but I only read the first few pages of the thread. As of now Florida has 392 inmates on death row. The dates of sentencing date back to 1973!!! If this is the case then Casey would have already led a full life in prison by the time she actually gets knocked off. So is being given the death penalty really any different then her entire life in prison? Afterall she gets to live many years in that jumpsuit ordering snacks and will die in prison no matter what! I think I would be more happy about this conviction if she were to die within the new few years rather then the next few decades.

Is it just me or does the fact that in one week's time the SA is seeking the death penalty, BC has gotten a complaint, and JB has gotten 2 more bar complaints (including one from Strickland!) just seem too coincidental? I'm thinking DC finally came forth regarding something proving KC's guilt that was said or showed to him when he wasn't working for JB, but for the A's. IMO the judge wouldn't waste his time filing a complaint if he knew it could be covered under attorney-client privilege. The fact that the family's PI and judge have filed a complaint at KC's lead attorney and the DP has all of a sudden been brought up within a matter of days just makes me feel like something serious and damning has come up proving her guilt and is more than coincidental. Either that, or it's just an awesome week in news!

"Aggervate"? "Aggrevate"? No, it's AGGRAVATE.

Aggravating circumstances.

KC, Cindy, George...this should be fun for you, you arrogant, sad people.

I think Cindy might even be part of this thing, such as obstructing justice, knowing too much, carrying a potentially lethal hammer, ingesting TNT in order to remain "explosive", oh, and just plain lying.

At the moment facts are:
Casey is a liar
Casey murdered Caylee
Anthonys are in denial
Anthonys are instrumental in this murder indirectly

Lack of facts:
Exactly how KC killed Caylee
Motive

To agree with DP I would need to know more about the latter areas. I reckon LE know all of this already and are not releasing that information yet. To make an opinion to agree with DP, I would need to be 100% sure that this was carefully planned. It is evident it was premeditated but for DP i would think I would need to be of the thinking that she was planning/capable of doing it again. I am from the UK so I guess not use to DP. I am not against it but I would think it would need to be extreme circumstance where there is no chance of rehabilitation, I guess the 31 days of keeping quiet and the lack of cooperation demonstrate that she can no be rehabilitated. (just thinking aloud)

slightly O/T...I reckon LE have ALOT of evidence they are witholding from the defense at this moment in time until they have conclusive results and forensic reports back in its totality. Its a shame JB is now going to get thrown off and not have a chance to make a mess of this case. He accounted for half of the nails holding caseys coffin together imo - he made me feel like she was guaranteed to go down. I reckon now she may get a professional and competent defence which is a darn shame!

Trixi, they gave Ted Bundy his death. And, I believe that sick guy who killed Adam Walsh was put to death. Correct me if I'm wrong about it being in the state of FL.

this thread is moving so fast...

I'm wondering if the prosecution is going for the DP because of evidence found that is absolute proof of KC's guilt?

Could that evidence include fingerprints from the syringe inside the Gatorade bottle?

Assuming the syringe and bottle is connected-have there been any test results released?

Sorry If this has been mentioned before but I only read the first few pages of the thread. As of now Florida has 392 inmates on death row. The dates of sentencing date back to 1973!!! If this is the case then Casey would have already led a full life in prison by the time she actually gets knocked off. So is being given the death penalty really any different then her entire life in prison? Afterall she gets to live many years in that jumpsuit ordering snacks and will die in prison no matter what! I think I would be more happy about this conviction if she were to die within the new few years rather then the next few decades.

All I can say is if I were on death row, I could only imagine how scary that moment would be when you get your date of execution. Even if there is a chance to appeal, it is still in the back of your mind and I couldn't imagine doing anything but nervously counting down to that dreadful day. Many people say lethal injection is too easy, but many doctors have expected it to be extremely painful. We've heard how KC reacted to the fact that the remains (or should I say evidence) was found. Now imagine the way she'd react to hearing she's been sentenced to death, the date of her execution, and asking what she'd like for that final meal. Bottom line, KC you are not as tough as you like to think you are and I guarantee she'd be scared sh!tless. In fact, I'm pretty sure we will see a completely different KC at future hearings. I expect the laughing and smiling to be down to a 0 now. Things are serious now and seeing her fear for her life will hopefully make her realize how Caylee must have felt.

this thread is moving so fast...

I'm wondering if the prosecution is going for the DP is it because of evidence found that is absolute proof of KC's guilt?

Could that evidence include fingerprints from the syringe inside the Gatorade bottle?

Assuming the syringe and bottle is connected-have there been any test results released?

Those results have not yet been released, but many have speculated those results might have contributed to the decision to put the DP back on the table.

I am hoping so, because that would go a long way towards proving premeditation.

Trixi, they gave Ted Bundy his death. And, I believe that sick guy who killed Adam Walsh was put to death. Correct me if I'm wrong about it being in the state of FL.

What question of mine is this a response to? I'm confused!

I'm all for the DP in this case, as a matter of fact when the time comes and when KC is found guilty in a court of law and she is led down the hall to her final demise. It would not hurt my feelings prior to strapping her down to the death gurney with the huge leather straps, someone in authority would place some duct tape over her mouth from ear to ear and covering part of her nose, being sure to catch some of her hair in it and then place a heart sticker over her lip area.
Insert the needle and administer the lethal cocktail and wait for it's results.
Then place KC in a black Hefty bag and return her to her parents. Let them dispose of her as they choose.JMHO and fantasy.
That wil be the end of that.

carrie said:
Andre,

Thanks so much for your informative posts. They're great.

I was wondering if you had any statistical info re: how often the SA actually accepts a plea after seeking the DP?

Not asking you to do any more research and analysis tonight - lol. Just wondering if you could direct me where to look. Or, if you have an idea how frequently it occurs - ball park estimate - from having looked into before.

Thanks again.

Anything to keep from finishing my taxes, but actually, the God's honest truth is as GA, CA and KC would all say: "I have no idea".

Seriously though, it's a good question, I don't know of any sites that have legal case plea stats, but I'm not a lawyer. You'd think that most lawyers and procecutors or SA's would like to know the odds. Seems to me it should be a bit like baseball trading cards, and I know JB is big on baseball metaphors.

There's not much of a way to plead down to the DP, unless I suppose it's from multiple DPs, so this hasn't come up. I have a little research background in federal guidelines stats, but I'll have to ask my in-house paralegal source for guidance on this one.

"unnecessary remarks"

Good lord.

ETA: after ALL those sleazy photos of KC getting it on at Fusian, peeing in the parking lot, etc. etc., my remarks were quite reasonable.

kc will walk her last mile wearing eye mascara and holding her head high......just like she did when they arrested her the first time.

Otis Toole who killed Adam Walsh died of liver failure while on death row. Ted Bundy did get excuted sooner but it was still about 9 years after his conviction and he had a much higher body count. All the people on death row currently in Florida are on death row for murder, so I think we should prepare ourselves that it could be sometime before KC gets what she deserves!

Sister Sleuth...have no buttons to quote you...<<.." I wonder if KC thinks murdering Caylee was worth all of this..." >>

Since kc has never had an original thought, I doubt it

I think what would impact KC even more than the fear of impending execution is the dehumanization of death row inmates. Death Row is a completely different type of prison experience. You can get a little idea of what the daily life of a death row inmate is like at this link: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/

DR inmates are Dead Men Walking, or in this case (Dead Woman Walking). There's no attempt to socialize these inmates, they're considered "temporary" residents of the prison. They are treated differently, they don't matter anymore because they are condemned,the lowest of the low, forgotten. I always thought it would be hard on SP, considering his PD, but I really think KC would completely lose her mind under those conditions.

This is brought over from the last thread. Posted by Reality Orlando:

Some very interesting reading here to go along with your thoughts:
Woman on Death Row in Florida
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/women.html

Ana Marie
Cardona

DC# 162180
WF, born 11/26/61, was sentenced from Dade County for the torture murder of her three-year-old son. The boy was nicknamed "Baby Lollipops" because of the tee shirt he was wearing when the police found his beaten body. The sentence was vacated on November 22, 2002 and she was released from prison.

Huh???????
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There have been two women executed in Florida..."The Black Widow" Judias Goodyear Buenonano in 1998 and of course Eileen Wuornos in 2002.

There is one woman on death row currently, Tiffany Cole, for the double murder of a couple who were buried alive. She was just sentenced last year so she'll be around awhile yet.

Looking at that website, it seems Florida is lenient on women when it comes to the death penalty. The info on the website showed 16 women have been sentenced to the DP since 1926. 13 have had their sentences commuted to life, overturned and resentced to life, or vacated. 2 have been executed and 1 is currently still on death row. Only one of these was convicted and sentenced to death for killing their own child, Ana Marie Cardona, which is mentioned above. Her sentence to death is listed as being vacated, then she was released, but I don't know what vacated means legally. Looking at these stats, I imagine Casey and her legal team are thinking her odds of getting out of a death sentence are pretty good.

Sister Sleuth...have no buttons to quote you...<<.." I wonder if KC thinks murdering Caylee was worth all of this..." >>

Since kc has never had an original thought, I doubt it

No buttons to quote...? I don't understand...it took me forever to be able to post here after reading these boards for a good 5 years. Now, I can't even start a thread because it won't allow me.

Anyway, who had the thought to murder the child...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj