IRS and the kidnapped child

wow how strange...

I read everything when I do my taxes, so I was familiar with this. I think it is a fair way to deal with the situation of kidnapped children. It is a real issue that the IRS has to deal with. It is also very important that the IRS notes the difference between the child being taken by a family member - which is a crazy high percentage of kidnappings.

WTF! I declare! Would it kill them to have more compassion?

Unbelievable!

They think of everything, don't they?

It is awful that there is enough of a problem that the IRS has to do this. I don't think it is cold, how they have placed it,... I just think it is straight forward and an attempt to clear the clouds on how a parent/guardian deals with a kidnapped/missing child and filing out their taxes. Taxes are a legal matter we all have to deal with... at least the IRS has put in place these instructions to help families dealing with this type of issue.

On a good note: Caylee Anthony cannot be used as a deduction by the Anthonys... at least that is how I see it, with the guidelines the IRS has laid out.

I don't think it's cold, Mira. If the child has been taken by a non-custodial parent, then chances are that parent is taking the deduction for the child. The 2nd requirement, that the child have lived with the person for at least 6 months in order to be claimed is pretty standard.

If only all non-custodial parents were so greedy the FBI would have a much better chance of finding them!!

Most kidnappers have to go underground or the child goes right back to the custodial parent. My guess is paying taxes is low on the list of priorities!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back