Does the State's Case Have Any Weaknesses? What Are They?

Mendara

Reaction score
First time starting a thread and I am shaking in my boots. Please remove if this has been discussed.

Last night on Nancy Grace there were several talking heads and two of them claimed the move to put the Death Penalty back on the table may have been because the State's case is weak and they are hoping for:

A) KC to plea out.

OR

B) To guarantee a conviction on a lesser charge and a life sentence.

I then thought how on earth could the State's case be weak?

There is no NANNY and 31 days went by with KC living her life, with no proof of her looking for her child let alone being upset that she was gone. KC lied about almost every single thing. The evidence both circumstantial and not points to no one else.

So can you list possible weaknesses? I am curious to know what every thinks could get her off.

Thanks

The only thing I can see that can possibly get her off is seating that one person on the jury who can look past all of the evidence that the SA will bring forth and say "Well, you know, just maybe...." This is just my opinion of course, but I think what the talking heads are saying about weakness in the case is purely speculation and opinion, much as it is when other talking heads say that they must have some damning evidence that seals her fate. They are merely giving thier viewpoint on the matter. Personally, I think her goose is cooked. From what I've seen released, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that she is guilty, but that is just my take on the evidence so far. I can see no weaknesses what-so-ever in the states case, and we haven't even seen all that they have.

What about the fact that ZG's name is not ZFG and therefore their could be another out there. Or the fact that many people say they searched the area where Caylee was eventually found months before she was found, sewing in the the seed of doubt that maybe she was planted there after the fact.

I am just throwing this stuff out there.

1) The SA hasn't released every piece of evidence that that have against KC -
2) Lenamon has been writing articles recently against the DP and re: KC - does that possibly mean the Defense has known about evidence found with the remains that points directly to KC
3)Talking Head Defense Attorneys on talk shows always speak in Defense mode

the only real weakness is that the defendant is not a middle-aged, unattractive male.

1) The SA hasn't released every piece of evidence that that have against KC -
2) Lenamon has been writing articles recently against the DP and re: KC - does that possibly mean the Defense has known about evidence found with the remains that points directly to KC
3)Talking Head Defense Attorneys on talk shows always speak in Defense mode

This is what makes me so mad. Lenamon has not been associated with this case for months. How the heck does he know what evidence has been uncovered since then? Yet he talks like he knows all.

Deputy Cain and the accidental release of tapes of KC's reaction upon learning a child's remains were found on Suburban will be used to create doubt in LE's performance. I think defense will pick apart LE and create doubt, then use that doubt as a reason to pick apart the forensics. What else are all those experts JB hired gonna do? All JMO. One thing is for sure, this will be an interesting trial!

the only real weakness is that the defendant is not a middle-aged, unattractive male.

I think this is a big one. It may seem simple. But I am afraid Jurors will see a young pretty mother and think she is not capable of such a thing and if she did do it then it must have been an accident.

My husband thinks it is wrong to kill KC - however the other day a man plead guilty to being angry and shaking his baby who later died and my husband immediately said he should get the DP.

How can he think this? In his mind KC seems like an innocent young girl who made a huge mistake.

I think this is a big one. It may seem simple. But I am afraid Jurors will see a young pretty mother and think she is not capable of such a thing and if she did do it then it must have been an accident.

My husband thinks it is wrong to kill KC - however the other day a man plead guilty to being angry and shaking his baby who later died and my husband immediately said he should get the DP.

How can he think this? In his mind KC seems like an innocent young girl who made a huge mistake.

I don't believe KC will get the DP. I saw a female reporter after KC's first court appearance who was so stuck with how young KC appears, she went on about it in her report. Sad to say but I beleive it will influence a jury's decision.

I don't believe KC will get the DP. I saw a female reporter after KC's first court appearance who was so stuck with how young KC appears, she went on about it in her report. Sad to say but I beleive it will influence a jury's decision.

I bet KC feels the same way and I am sure Baez is tellign her that a jury will not put her to death.

Mendara,

I hope that are both surprised in the verdict! Of course JB will tell her that, it's the biggest case he never thought he'd have. He wants to try it, IMO. I just hope that if she doesn't get the DP that she's a haggard old woman before she comes up for parole. Surely the SA's will consistently remind the jury that looks are very deceiving!

Bold by me.....not only did she make a HUGE mistake, but she shows no remorse what so ever. NONE. in fact, she seems to me to be thumbing her nose at the prosecution. JMO

My one concern is the few mistakes that LE made will be exploited to the max by the defense. Like Cain not looking in August. I think the SA is over zealous in some of their motions, like the search for funding. Yea, it's a big deal and it's adding to the immorality of the crime, but, as far as getting the conviction, it doesn't matter. They need to talk up the evidence they have and not try to hammer away at the abstract. I believe the case is strong enough without some of the legal wrangling.

I am worried about the highly technical scientific evidence. Some jurors will just be board by days of discussion about the cellular structure of one tiny piece of hair. It would be easy to dismiss it if you don't understand it. I think that's the type of doubt the defense will build. Just bore them stiff....

I am worried about the fact that the state doesn't have a cause of death.

Right. This is important because the SA theory has to be one with a murder taking place, so how she was murdered is important. Hopefully toxicology came back with drugs in her system and that can be used.

Based on what we know so far, IMO there is no evidence of premeditation and no evidence that proves that this was murder as opposed to an accident (with or without contributory negligence) and cowardly cover-up. Also, unless there is evidence that the duct tape was applied before death, and/or that Caylee was drugged on a regular basis, or of some other form of aggravated child abuse (specific criteria applies), then I don't see evidence to support felony murder either. So in terms of the key charges against KC, if they don't have such evidence then the case could well be weak.

Based on what we know so far, IMO there is no evidence of premeditation and no evidence that proves that this was murder as opposed to an accident (with or without contributory negligence) and cowardly cover-up. Also, unless there is evidence that the duct tape was applied before death, and/or that Caylee was drugged on a regular basis, or of some other form of aggravated child abuse (specific criteria applies), then I don't see evidence to support felony murder either. So in terms of the key charges against KC, if they don't have such evidence then the case could well be weak.

I hope they have evidence for all of these points.

What is wrong with KC's players in this trial. They want justice for Caylee yet they are not screaming at police/FBI/Law Enforcement in general to help find her murderer- because ( speculation until proven guilty) all evidence leads right to KC being the murderer. Never have I viewed such an inept attorney as Jose Baez. It seems he's trying to be the Alan Dershowitz of the South, using his law students to dig into the dirty work of cases, while he gets all the glory.

I hope they have evidence for all of these points.

I DON'T, because such evidence would show that Caylee was indeed intentionally murdered or subjected to serious abuse, and my hope is that this was not the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back