Why Amaral Doesn't Just Quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texana

Overreaching
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Another curious question--Why doesn't Amaral just quit? Most "disgraced cops" as he's been referred to, just slink away quietly and try to find new careers or find a job somewhere rather small and isolated and needy that will take them, tarnished or not. Think of disgraced cop Mark Furham in the OJ trial, moving away to Idaho, leaving law enforcement with the exception of writing a couple of books and using his career skills in rather minor ways.

Amaral, however, isn't following that playbook. He's coming right back with a book proclaiming the reasons he felt he was right about the McCanns being involved, and the many ways the investigation was stifled.

He's come forth with a documentary.

So you have to ask what his motivation is--and one of those possible answers is, he really, really believes in the involvement of the McCanns and the evidence pointing to no abduction that night.

Otherwise, why go to all the risk and trouble? Why throw himself back in the public eye? If he was put out for political reasons or he was fudging facts to begin with--either way, he has zero reason to keep talking about his cause. If anything, it makes him even more "un-hireable" for his line of work.

People who leave their line of work "disgraced" do often try to continue working in that line of work, but they know that drawing further attention to themselves is a death sentence. You know it's a salvage operation at this point, and you just make the best of it.

Good post :)

I think for Amaral its become personal now. Very personal. He is a proud man and held his job for 27 years. I dont understand even why people parrot out the "disgraced cop mantra". Yes I know it came from our media here but..he was removed from the job for criticising our police and not for his actual work. So IMO...there straight away..it shows you he was telling the truth because its been proven that things that should have been given to the Pjs werent or at least for several months so...maybe Amaral in fact should be apologized to and compensated for losing his job for no reason.

I do think Amaral wants justice for Madeleine. I really dont think its about money for him. He really doesnt seem to be like that. He has been through hell for this case and I think for him one way or another he wants to prove that he was right all along and restore his name.

Of course its not just Amaral who has suffered. His family has also. I read ( and i dont know if this is true or not) that someone killed his dog after the investigation started and that it was left at his house. It was said that he just went out and buried it :( And to be honest..with other things that have been said i can quite believe that :(

I do think...if Amaral has his way that justice will be served. If it isnt..well at least no one can say he didnt try

Moo

I think that Amaral should have an apology & receive compensation! I am shocked to hear about his dog, how horrible! I think that if he had been left on the case we may have had answers by now. Amaral is no fool he is not going to stick his neck out so far if he is not pretty sure of his ground! I hope that in some way he will be instrumental in getting justice for Madeleine, I do believe that is his main concern!

Nice to see you again also Tex, been really busy lately plus a bit frustrated with this case as you can imagine!

Nice to see you again also Tex, been really busy lately plus a bit frustrated with this case as you can imagine!

I hear you. Who wants to spend their precious time going over old posts and points already discussed ad nauseum?

Particularly when you know that there's a good chance your words will mean nothing in the end to those convinced that the McCanns are guilty of nothing more than ordinary, understandable one time only bad parenting decisions.

The answer is always "They've suffered enough for that." (the words "their decision, their choice, etc" are seldom if ever used.) But their suffering Madeleine's loss is a natural consequence of their decision to leave her and the twins alone that night. Madeleine, on the other hand, had no control over her fate. She is the only innocent victim.

The person who truly suffered is Madeleine McCann.

No matter what her parents have endured, if indeed she was kidnapped, (and evidence shows she was not) then she suffered far more than any of us can imagine.

I think the McCanns, deep down, know that their decision caused them to lose Maddie. That is why Kate in many accounts said, "We've let her down!"

She has been convinced that she and Gerry did the right thing, that they did their best, and that their actions were perfectly justified--but her initial words were very telling.

She knew, at that moment, that she had failed fundamentally to put her child's needs first. As a mother, she was vocalizing what she has never said since then--that she put the adult "wants" ahead of the child's "needs."

It is very frustrating indeed, Barnaby.

Texana wrote:
The person who truly suffered is Madeleine McCann.

You are so right Texana. It seems as if the point that little Madeleine, where ever she is, has either suffered more than, or is suffering more than, anyone else in this case.

I also agree that Amaral would have nothing to gain by remaining vigilant to resolving this case other than being true to himself. To me that means he is an honorable man.

I'm really hopeful that his book will be published in English soon.

Little

Texana wrote:

You are so right Texana. It seems as if the point that little Madeleine, where ever she is, has either suffered more than, or is suffering more than, anyone else in this case.

I also agree that Amaral would have nothing to gain by remaining vigilant to resolving this case other than being true to himself. To me that means he is an honorable man.

I'm really hopeful that his book will be published in English soon.

Little

Even if it is - we will never be able to buy it here in England...so i guess we would have to buy in America or Australia.

I don't know anything about Portugese law. Here in the USA, people can come together for a cause and do something about it. Like TES searches for missing people. So many people in Portugal seem outraged that the McCanns got away with Madeleine's death. Why can't they put together search teams and look for her body?

I don't know anything about Portugese law. Here in the USA, people can come together for a cause and do something about it. Like TES searches for missing people. So many people in Portugal seem outraged that the McCanns got away with Madeleine's death. Why can't they put together search teams and look for her body?

Actually you have a very good point.

I think one problem is so many of the locals are fed up of the situation and what is has to done to them and there resort. At the Mark Warner complex alone..over 200 odd people were employed there at the time of the disappearance...and now just 20 odd people work there. Thats a lot of families that have been affected by the McCanns negligence. And ofc...every time the McCann circus goes back it rakes it all up for these people...and puts them further back. And all the time the McCanns are in there big house...with well paid jobs..and the fund to support them.

Where is the justice for those people - or Madeleine?

Of course...if they did set up a party and found her somehow...and it could be proven the parents did it...that would help that resort i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer