Sources: Huckaby Claims Cantu Death 'An Accident'

http://www.ksbw.com/news/19181500/detail.html

I hope this is ok, I've never started a thread before, or posted for that matter. Go ahead and move it if it doesn't belong in it's on thread.

Thank you for the new thread.

Well I guess she just accidentally raped Sandra with a foreign object too.:furious:

I am so sick and tired of hearing defendants and their lame excuses.

I guess Huckaby thought it was better to put Sandra in a suitcase and throw her into a pond rather than call 911 when she was dying.

She is doing nothing but trying to lesson her guilt hoping to save her sorry butt.

She is a pathological liar and I don't think the DA is falling for her story for two seconds.

imo

My computer will not let me pull up the link....could someone post a little more on this story....please.

Thank you for the new thread.

Well I guess she just accidentally raped Sandra with a foreign object too.:furious:

I am so sick and tired of hearing defendants and their lame excuses.

I guess Huckaby thought it was better to put Sandra in a suitcase and throw her into a pond rather than call 911 when she was dying.

She is doing nothing but trying to lesson her guilt hoping to save her sorry butt.

She is a pathological liar and I don't think the DA is falling for her story for two seconds.

imo
Interesting. No mention of what the accident was. Like you said how was a rape an accident and IF drugs were used how was that an accident. I guess now the atty is trying to make excuses. We will soon hear a bunch of Spin on this case also.

We all know this woman is a real Sicko but she still does not belong in society just as a rabid dog would not be allowed to rome the streets.

Huckaby told a Tracy Press reporter the suitcase was hers but it had been stolen the day Cantu went missing.

"I wish they could have found her a lot sooner, if they would have followed up on this a lot sooner," Huckaby said earlier Friday before her arrest.

Investigators close to the case said Melissa Huckaby admitted Tuesday that Sandra Cantu's death was an accident, KCRA 3-TV in Sacramento has learned.

KCRA 3 also learned that investigators said Huckaby said she wrote the note found the day after Cantu's disappearance.

According to Huckaby, the note said, "Cantu, Suitcase, Water. The word 'suitcase' was misspelled, and there were two street names including the word 'Whitehall.'"

TRACY, Calif. -- Investigators close to the case said Melissa Huckaby admitted Tuesday that Sandra Cantu's death was an accident, KCRA 3-TV in Sacramento has learned.

KCRA 3 also learned that investigators said Huckaby said she wrote the note found the day after Cantu's disappearance.

According to Huckaby, the note said, "Cantu, Suitcase, Water. The word 'suitcase' was misspelled, and there were two street names including the word 'Whitehall.'"

Two new search warrants were issued Tuesday in relation to the case.

The focus of one warrant was the West Clover Road Baptist Church and the other was for the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park home where Huckaby, 28, lived.

Huckaby is accused of killing the 8-year-old.

The search of the church was completed, but officers said the search of Huckaby's home is still under way.

Yeah...Sandra must have accidently fell on the object! NOT! This is the typical behavior that Ms Brown the profiler predicted... that if she were a sociopath she would start explaining things away to try to get herself out of it. Guess that psychiatric diagnosis has started to rear it's ugly little head!

I just don't see anyone buying any kind of accident scenario; unless, of course, she means that she accidentally killed her when all she meant to do was kidnap, torture and rape her and then send her home unharmed. :rolleyes:

Thanks, DairyGirl (and welcome! I'm pretty new, too).

The article confuses me... they mention the accident issue in the first sentence but then sort of ignore it by reiterating MH's lies and inconsistencies, as well as the other facts of the case and the penalties facing her.

I wonder why the reporter would start out with something fairly significant (like MH saying it was an accident) without elaborating on it on some level.

Am I the only one confused by this? Obviously, if it was an accident, then there can't be a claim that the suitcase was stolen... even though they're specifying that this was something she said "earlier".

I don't understand.

But good find! I'm not criticizing you, I'm just confused by the reporter...

: )

Yeah...Sandra must have accidently fell on the object! NOT! This is the typical behavior that Ms Brown the profiler predicted... that if she were a sociopath she would start explaining things away to try to get herself out of it. Guess that psychiatric diagnosis has started to rear it's ugly little head!

Well what do you want here? At least she is talking! And "explaining things away" isn't going to get her out of it. But if she's saying it was an accident (the murder part) she's still admitting she's responsible for that accident. I so realize like everyone else how horrific this crime is but come on all ready. I think that is just crude to say "Sandra must have accidently fell on the object! NOT!" and uncalled for. JMHO. As horrific as this is, if this woman is talking then all the better. At least there will be answers. Man, if the perps don't talk then peeps get mad. If they do talk they still get mad. Go figure.

I wonder what the accident was supposed to have happened. If she claims to have backed the car over Sandra there will be injuries and if she overdosed her surely that can be found. Hopefully LE is just giving her tidbits of what they know and she is going to further dig her own hole in trying to get out of the crime.

Well what do you want here? At least she is talking! And "explaining things away" isn't going to get her out of it. But if she's saying it was an accident (the murder part) she's still admitting she's responsible for that accident. I so realize like everyone else how horrific this crime is but come on all ready. I think that is just crude to say "Sandra must have accidently fell on the object! NOT!" and uncalled for. JMHO. As horrific as this is, if this woman is talking then all the better. At least there will be answers. Man, if the perps don't talk then peeps get mad. If they do talk they still get mad. Go figure.
Bold is mine. I am not attacking you, I am addressing your post (TOS) I based what I posted on what the Ms Brown the profiler was saying about what we could expect in future days if Melissa were a sociopath... that she would explain things away... such as what she allegedly said today...it was an accident. My words may have been crude as per, accidently falling on the object... and sorry for any offense to you. But obviously to make those charges there is evidence to that fact. What kind of accident is that??? As for people (posters?? me???) getting mad if perps talk or if they don't.... well I don't quite get that. I for one would not be mad in the least if she is talking. Now what she is talking ABOUT.... that is a whole other kettle of fish.

Please excuse my wording. I don't buy her story.

Well buy it or not at least she isn't blaming it on the nanny.

I'm not saying I will buy whatever story she comes up with either but if she's saying it was an accident then at least she's admitting it was her that caused the death. That in itself saves alot of time, money and resources. I think it's a relief myself. JMO.

I just don't see anyone buying any kind of accident scenario; unless, of course, she means that she accidentally killed her when all she meant to do was kidnap, torture and rape her and then send her home unharmed. :rolleyes:
This is exactly what my reply was going to be. There is absolutely no way I will believe Sandra's death was accidental ~ not with the other charges that the DA added, which obviously came from the autopsy. :furious: MOO

I did not take offense at the statement Nurse made. Maybe that is because I also work in healthcare, and after dealing with death, day in and day out, you reach a point in time, when you begin to realize that to relieve stress, you develop a sense of humor that outsiders just don't get. We even have a name for it - morgue humor.

I'm not saying I will buy whatever story she comes up with either but if she's saying it was an accident then at least she's admitting it was her that caused the death. That in itself saves alot of time, money and resources. I think it's a relief myself. JMO.

I TOTALLY AGREE FLORIDAMOM!:blowkiss:

Only a partial relief, imo, unless she admits to the charges the State has filed against her and agrees to spend LWOP. MOO

I think the "accident' came up during the 6 hour interrogation and it is why they arrested her. It is as close to a confession to Sandra's rape and murder as they are going to get from her, imo. Of course, this was no accident and LE knows it. They can prove premeditation and the rest of the charges.

I would like to know why the SWs again today on both the church and house tho. (I don't really think they had to do with the ficticious note she supposedly wrote either.)

Flmom, I do see what you mean when you say that she is admitting that she caused the death... with the evidence the investigators have the rest of it will unfold as it will despite any stories she tells....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back