834 users online (190 members and 644 guests)  

Websleuths News

State of Disbelief. SC

Alleged Abused Baby Suffers Submersion Burns

"He called her saying that he baby was burned and it was starting to blister and the skin was peeling off," Family Violence Bureau Lt. Rebeca Schauer said.

After the mother brought the baby boy to the emergency room at Spohn Shoreline, he was HALO-flighted to the University of San Antonio Burn Unit.

"The baby had second degree burns on the legs, buttocks, groin area and one arm," Schauer said

Lopez told police it was an accident.

"What he said in his statement was that he was alone with the child. He was giving him a bath and he had gone outside to throw some boxes away and when he came back the baby was burned and the baby must have turned off the cold water," Schauer stated.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Queensland, Australia
    What is wrong with these people?
    Even if his 'story' is true, who would leave a 20 month old Baby unattended in a bath? There is absolutely no reason to what so ever - let alone to throw some boxes away.

I've heard stories of babies being burned in the tub but with today's water heaters it seems unlikely that people have them turned up to "scald". I hope they investigate very thoroughly, I do understand that accidents like this can happen and hot water heaters can malfunction, but if this guy put this baby in scalding water, I'd like to see him punished severely.

Burns are horrible and the treatment is not "fun" for the victim to endure. Prayers for this baby.

We had a case here in VA (I couldn't find the link) of a guy that scalded his girlfriend's little girl. His explanation once he was arrested was that it was fun. The poor little girl's bottom and legs had skin peeling from them.

I don't buy this guy's story and I don't think anyone else will either. It's a shame we don't practice and eye for an eye anymore. He should have to endure everything that this poor child did/does.

I am horrified by this and I don't believe his "story" either.