1361 users online (254 members and 1107 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
    Anyone who has ever ingested, swallowed, smoked or sipped a substance that altered their behavior, then they've taken a psychotropic/psychoactive drug.

Caffeine? Alcohol? Tobacco? The occasional sedative? Short term use of an anti-depressant? Something to help you sleep? Ease your pain? Analgesic? Reduce anxiety?

More often than not, very normal people are prescribed medicines for very common problems. They aren't disturbed, insane or "mentally ill". They are your next door neighbor, your boss, your mother, your sister, your brother, your son, your... self.

Anyone who is ready to assail this perpetrator for the medication she is on ought to think twice because chances are they themselves and/or those around them are or have used psychoactive substances at some point - and I'm sure they don't feel as though they deserve a negative label for doing so. Don't drink coffee if you're that against psychoactive drugs - because coffee IS one.

The majority of Americans have been given a psychotropic prescription or drug at some point in their lives - one of the most prescribed medications is the anti-depressant, and the numbers are only increasing.

If someone can PROVE that these medications cause people to murder, please offer your references, study and footnotes. It's true that many anti-depressants have been proven unsuitable for people under the age of 24, and they have been re-designated with new federal warnings as a result.

That doesn't mean that they cause murder or mayhem, but it does mean that anyone under a physicians' care needs to be monitored closely. Being monitored closely does not mean that they are insane, inadequate or nuts.

This country really needs to figure out how damaging its' stigmas are. There is no medication, drug or drink that would make me kill someone (unless the were attempting to kill my child - then all bets are off and I make no apologies for that) and that is true for most, almost all, people who have ever filled a prescription for a psychotropic drug or ingested a psychoactive substance.

Please, let's not be dumb about this.

Excellent post!

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    From 2001

http://www.baumhedlundlaw.com/media/...xil_murder.htm

From 2006

FDA Forgot a few ADHD Drug Related Deaths and Injuries

"For instance, on November 20, 1986, after being on Ritalin since the third grade, 14-year-old Rod Mathews lured a classmate, Shawn Ouillette, into a wooded area near his home in Canton, Massachusetts, under the pretense of a plan to build a snow fort, and beat him to death with a baseball bat.

Although he had no prior history of violence, Rod beat Shawn until he died and just left the body in the woods. Rod took two friends to see the body, and threatened them with the same fate if they told anyone about the murder."

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com.../adhd_fda.html

I am not sure if these are reputable articles or not. There are pages and pages of links by googling.
    Omg, I remember this case... I think it was on dateline or something, the kid had major issues prior to being on Paxil. Though I admit Paxil, IMO is much like Halcion and after prolonged use (or use in children) can cause anger issues in some people. However, neither drug takes away free-will or the ability to know right from wrong or reason properly and choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    This might be on the wrong thread, but there was some discussion of Munchausen's by Proxy and I wondered if the person suffering from Munchausen's ever turns the attacks back toward themselves to keep the attention on them? I am kind of wondering this because she led the police to her with her suitcase and seems to have been inserting herself into this case rather than laying low and avoiding the limelight (like it seems many murderers do)?

Swallowing razor blade type objects seems like an odd way to attempt suicide?

I still can't figure out how a person swallows a razor, wrapped or not, and doesn't cut off their uvula (the hanging down thing in the throat)?
    Absolutely, it's called Munchausen's. It is a factitious disorder.. some simply fake symptoms, others create them, at any cost.. literally. Unneeded tests, surgical procedures, medications, you name it. and it's all for attention, recognition. Life isn't going your way? Pretend you are sick, better yet, make yourself sick! More often than not those with a history of Munchausen's or Munchausen's like behaviors have a personality disorder or two.

I really think she was getting rid of the evidence, and/or being made to get rid of the evidence, and/or being punished by her grandparents. Now is the time to have a fireside chat with GRANDMA LAWLESS, and no, do not take her up on an offer of some tea and cookies. As for if she survived being horribly molested herself at a young age, we know that is hardly an excuse.

MH was able to give birth to a child. Not to compare sexual abuse which is all horrific, but there is that class of sexual abuse on females and males which prevents any conception from ever talking place. Talk about unspeakable.

In any case, we check out the statistics of how many females are the victims of a sexual crime in the US - I think last night it was 1 in 5. That makes tens of millions of people whose take away is to work to PREVENT that from ever happening to anyone else. Much less a child.

Huckaby tried to harm herself in jail

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_13262766

STOCKTON Melissa Huckaby acted strangely and apparently tried to harm herself in the days leading up to her last court appearance, San Joaquin County Court records show.

The 28-year-old Tracy woman is accused of kidnapping, raping and killing Sandra Cantu, her 8-year-old neighbor, and drugging two other people in cases unrelated to Sandra's. Huckaby, whose 5-year-old daughter was Sandra's playmate, is being held without bail at the San Joaquin County Jail.

Jail records in Huckaby's court file said that two days before her most recent court hearing on Aug. 17, Huckaby was found hiding behind the mattress in her cell with a blanket tied around her neck. She was taken to the safety cell, the records showed, and later that day she refused to eat dinner.

On Aug. 12, a deputy reported seeing Huckaby sitting next to her bed with a trash can. When asked what was wrong Huckaby replied, "I took pills."

She was taken by ambulance for treatment. That incident took place about an hour and half after she was found lying on the floor in her cell. She told the deputy that she had felt dizzy and passed out. Huckaby was checked by a nurse, and psychiatric staff was called to the scene.

Huckaby had two unexplained scratches on her forehead when she showed up Aug. 17 to hear the five-count indictment against her. Deputy District Attorney Thomas Testa asked the judge during that hearing to order Huckaby to attend all her court hearings.

I bet she's a handful to supervise. I also think a lot of this is because she doesn't want to face the consequences of her actions.

I understand she might have some underlying mental illness but she was functioning just fine when she was giving interviews to the media while the search for Sandra was ongoing.

I have very little sympathy for her, she made her bed she needs to cut the antics out and woman up.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_13262766

STOCKTON Melissa Huckaby acted strangely and apparently tried to harm herself in the days leading up to her last court appearance, San Joaquin County Court records show.

The 28-year-old Tracy woman is accused of kidnapping, raping and killing Sandra Cantu, her 8-year-old neighbor, and drugging two other people in cases unrelated to Sandra's. Huckaby, whose 5-year-old daughter was Sandra's playmate, is being held without bail at the San Joaquin County Jail.

Jail records in Huckaby's court file said that two days before her most recent court hearing on Aug. 17, Huckaby was found hiding behind the mattress in her cell with a blanket tied around her neck. She was taken to the safety cell, the records showed, and later that day she refused to eat dinner.

On Aug. 12, a deputy reported seeing Huckaby sitting next to her bed with a trash can. When asked what was wrong Huckaby replied, "I took pills."

She was taken by ambulance for treatment. That incident took place about an hour and half after she was found lying on the floor in her cell. She told the deputy that she had felt dizzy and passed out. Huckaby was checked by a nurse, and psychiatric staff was called to the scene.

Huckaby had two unexplained scratches on her forehead when she showed up Aug. 17 to hear the five-count indictment against her. Deputy District Attorney Thomas Testa asked the judge during that hearing to order Huckaby to attend all her court hearings.
    I have no sympathy for Melissa and her histrionics... None, zilch, nada...

I have no sympathy either, Harmony. She is a waste of space IMO
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

Ive gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

all of her "attempts" are so contrived and lame. if you're gonna kill yourself, do it already and stop playing attention games...like someone above said, i bet she is a nightmare to supervise at the jail...

Another article for this thread started by JoefromLB (thanks joe)

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime...erself-in-jail

September 8, 3:31 PM

Nothing new reported that I saw. Just another article.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

This person is a nut job. I know we've gone round and round about what her problem is, but she really shows traits to me of attention seekers that don't mind harming others to get what they think they need. Munchausen's types. Lot's of "failed suicide" attempts, crying rape, setting fires, sickly kid (who is apparently doing well now?), etc. They don't really want to die, they just want the attention. I'm sure she has a host of other issues to boot but I'm sick of it all. Why are these crazies always sane enough to know not to hurt themselves too badly and to hide what they've done when they act on their sick desires and seriously harm another?
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Gitana!

The only one's I feel bad for are Sandra's family. Screw you MH!

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15