Confirmation Of Huckaby Suicide Attempt Prior to Arrest

Lamont Cranston

Reaction score
For what it's worth, wasn't sure to put this somewhere
else or not. Move or remove if this confirmation has already
been brought up. LC

Accused Tracy Murderer Tried To Kill Herself
TRACY (CBS 5 / AP) ―

The Sunday school teacher accused with raping and murdering an 8-year-old Tracy girl attempted suicide days before her arrest in the case, CBS News has learned.

Melissa Huckaby was hospitalized after swallowing three X-Acto knife blades, reports CBS News correspondent John Blackstone. She remained under suicide watch after being formally charged Tuesday with kidnapping, raping and murdering her daughter's playmate, Sandra Cantu.

Link to full story: http://cbs5.com/crime/Melissa.Huckaby.suicide.2.985418.html

Nothing says you have a guilty conscience like swallowing X-Acto knife blades does......

OK, internal stomach bleeding explained. This is just outrageous.

Ouch!!! That has to hurt. No one in their right mind would do such a thing. That speaks clearly....."guilty".

Why would an innocent person try to kill herself just days before being arrested for a heinous crime?? Coincidental timing? Coincidental theft of the very same luggage Sandra's body was found in? Coincidental association with the supposed place of death?

Guess she was telling the truth about the internal bleeding. Now, if she could just tell the truth about the crime.

:smiliecup: for you Suzi. :)

Oh man, I see the insanity defense train coming down the tracks.

Nothing says you have a guilty conscience like swallowing X-Acto knife blades does......

OMG! How could you even do such a thing? :eek::eek: The very thought is just gagging me - I can't stand it!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Salem

How do you swallow x-acto knife blades? Wouldn't they have to do surgery to remove those? They couldn't just leave them in there.. I don't believe this story.:waitasec:

How do you swallow x-acto knife blades? Wouldn't they have to do surgery to remove those? They couldn't just leave them in there.. I don't believe this story.:waitasec:

Not necessarily.

"Ninety percent of swallowed objects successfully pass through the esophagus and into the child’s stomach. Once in the stomach, almost all objects, even sharp ones, go through the small and large intestines and come out mixed in the stool."

http://www.kidsgrowth.com/resources/articledetail.cfm?id=2280

I still can't imagine swallowing x-acto blades though. That is some bonkers stuff right there. Plus, I wouldn't think that swallowing 3 blades would kill you.

Not necessarily.

"Ninety percent of swallowed objects successfully pass through the esophagus and into the child’s stomach. Once in the stomach, almost all objects, even sharp ones, go through the small and large intestines and come out mixed in the stool."

http://www.kidsgrowth.com/resources/articledetail.cfm?id=2280

I still can't imagine swallowing x-acto blades though. That is some bonkers stuff right there. Plus, I wouldn't think that swallowing 3 blades would kill you.

bold by me.... Most the time suicide attempts are a cry for help.... again.... IMO

That did it for me. At first, I was kinda on the fence about whether she could have done this herself, but now I think she did. I would love know what was going through her head at the time, plus its amazing her own daughter is alive.

I think she did it. I also think she was probably abused the same way at some time.

wow. Crazy. This is what I believe and would like to let everyone else know...

I do NOT believe in being able to plead insanity...I think thats a bunch of horse
manure....to put it nicely.

IMO ANYONE who kills another, other than self-defense...IS CRAZY...jmo

OMG! How could you even do such a thing? :eek::eek: The very thought is just gagging me - I can't stand it!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Salem

I once swallowed a cough drop by accident and my throat was sore for a week! I'm surprised she could even talk at the arraignment!

Incredible. When we first heard of the possibility she swallowed razor blades, I really thought it was ridiculous. Wow...guess I was wrong. The suicide attempt doesn't surprise me, but the sharp blade swallowing thing is over the top.

With the drugs mentioned, the suicide attempt, and other things...sure sounds like an Insanity Plea is coming without a doubt. GRRRR!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back