1296 users online (207 members and 1089 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Once again, it makes me disgusted and ill that yet another person placed in a position of trust for children has turned out to be just the opposite.

I'm talking from both the viewpoint of being a parent and of being a teacher.

Please Temper Outrage Over Sandra Cantu's Fate With Caution

This story shows how it important to be very careful and not let ourselves get carried away in anger over what happened to sweet, beautiful little Sandra Cantu. A second, innocent woman named Melissa Huckaby lives in Tracy, CA. She's also 28 years old, a single mother of a 5 year old and is a Sunday school teacher. Apparently she's been getting death threats and her whole family is traumatised:

California Sunday School Teacher Mistaken for Accused Child Killer
    Thursday, April 16, 2009
    Associated Press

Please pardon me if you have come across this message posted on other threads, but it's so important to get the word out even to future visitors or casual visitors who may read only this thread.
    Last edited by lngrid; 04-16-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: I didn't link the article's title to the article itself.

Quote Originally Posted by lngrid View Post
    This story shows how it important to be very careful and not let ourselves get carried away in anger over what happened to sweet, beautiful little Sandra Cantu. A second, innocent woman named Melissa Huckaby lives in Tracy, CA. She's also 28 years old, a single mother of a 5 year old and is a Sunday school teacher. Apparently she's been getting death threats and her whole family is traumatised:

California Sunday School Teacher Mistaken for Accused Child Killer
    Thursday, April 16, 2009
    Associated Press
    (carried on foxnews.com)

Please pardon me if you have come across this message posted on other threads, but it's so important to get the word out even to future visitors or casual visitors who may read only this thread.
    WOW, now what are the chances of that? I feel bad for the "other" M Huckaby, I'd find out of the middle names are different and start to sign my name everywhere with my middle initial/name if I were her.

Its a real shame that these selfish criminals don't for one moment take into consideration the people their actions affect. but then again, I guess you have to have a conscious.
    God is Great Beer is Good And People are Crazy

First and foremost, I grieve for little Sandra Cantu, poor innocent baby, child of the Lord.

If all of this is true about Huckaby (the suspect); she has managed with one fell swoop to disgrace all of the noble traits of: woman, mother, teacher, Christian, etc. And you can bet I'm mad!!!!

And I'm on emotion overload. I can not watch the video of the horse drawn carriage. So beautiful for such a beautiful child. I posted in Adnoid's thread about today's service, but doubt I made any sense, because all I can do is weep at the moment. Such soggy eyes, have I.

Prayers to Sandra's family. Prayers to the Lord that Sandra is flying high in the wings of Angels and prayers for myself that I might understand someday.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    And I'm on emotion overload. I can not watch the video of the horse drawn carriage. So beautiful for such a beautiful child. I posted in Adnoid's thread about today's service, but doubt I made any sense, because all I can do is weep at the moment. Such soggy eyes, have I.

Prayers to Sandra's family. Prayers to the Lord that Sandra is flying high in the wings of Angels and prayers for myself that I might understand someday.

Salem
    I weep and pray with you Salem.

OK .. so nobody has answered yet, let me ask again:

Are pedophiles usually violent toward adults or people in general, OTHER than the children they abuse?

I'm asking because, if I come across a missing child, I will NOT let them out of my sight! And I'll tell ya, I'm so pissed at those F'ing jerks out there (abusers), that I'd better find out if they're just cowards to adults or not ... because I just know there's no way, I'll let them walk away with that child!!!

So, do any of you know the 'profile' character of a pedophile/abuser?

Quote Originally Posted by aprilshowers View Post
    OK .. so nobody has answered yet, let me ask again:

Are pedophiles usually violent toward adults or people in general, OTHER than the children they abuse?

I'm asking because, if I come across a missing child, I will NOT let them out of my sight! And I'll tell ya, I'm so pissed at those F'ing jerks out there (abusers), that I'd better find out if they're just cowards to adults or not ... because I just know there's no way, I'll let them walk away with that child!!!

So, do any of you know the 'profile' character of a pedophile/abuser?
    April - I don't know. I would think it depends on the pedo. I'm not sure how to say this, but some pedos seem to just do what they do without putting physical marks on the child. So it is only discovered if the child is taken to the doctor. Others leave marks that arouse suspicion. I would think that the ones that do not leave marks are probably not violent overall and vice versa for the others.

I do think when confronted, they are cowards that will not look you in the eye. Would the pedo act out violently? Good possibility, depending on how cornered he/she felt.

You have to use your best judgment when confronting such a person - maybe it is better to get on your cell phone to LE and follow the person as inconspicously as possible?

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by aprilshowers View Post
    Question: Are pedophiles usually violent toward adults or people in general, OTHER than the children they abuse?
    Pedophiles are generally some of the nicest people you will ever meet, and I mean that, because they lure their victims by being nice or extra helpful. If people could only see through the mask they present to the world, they would find someone who is sick, twisted, and deeply disturbed.

The old saying "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" fits here.

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofthis View Post
    Pedophiles are generally some of the nicest people you will ever meet, and I mean that, because they lure their victims by being nice or extra helpful. If people could only see through the mask they present to the world, they would find someone who is sick, twisted, and deeply disturbed.

The old saying "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" fits here.

Agreed. Check out this Wolf in Sheep's Clothing:

http://www.news8austin.com/content/t...sp?ArID=233352

Quote Originally Posted by concentric View Post

One sentence really jumped out at me from that story:

"I was the neighbor next door, that's what made me so dangerous," Carroll said.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    One sentence really jumped out at me from that story:

"I was the neighbor next door, that's what made me so dangerous," Carroll said.
    He was undistinguished from any "normal" person for quite some time. That is the problem: they get away with so many offenses before they are "branded." But, sometimes I wish we had special sunglasses that would reveal in invisible ink who the pedophiles are, like in that sci-fi movie about aliens. Only, then, people would complain about "Big Brother."

Quote Originally Posted by concentric View Post

What a sick monster! How dare he abuse the trust of those children! This is something the children will have to deal with for the rest of their lives.

Some of you may want to Rant & Rave on me but I've got to ask this question about the photos we are seeing of Sandra.
    Is it my crummy television, or does this little girl seem to have different hair colors? To me in one photo she's blonde. Then, I see her with two tone hair as if the blond is giving way to a more warm brown. Finally there is a photo where her hair appears almost black or dark brown.
    Okay, this does have anything to do with this poor little angel's death and whatever she suffered at the hands of this very evil woman. But, I wanted to know if others also notice the hair color changes.
    azwriter
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

I used to investigate - more assiduously - the big money behind coordinated crimes against children, the human trafficking reality, international in scope, which makes it truly mind boggling, and often makes me prefer to be around furry and feathered friends instead of the humans. It happens that we are all caught in the dance between the sublime beauty and goodness in people and the deepest vilest evil in people. Sigh.

I don't know why Sandra Cantu's murder grabbed me, but perhaps it was the "Hello Kitty" Tshirt that reminded me I can't hide behind my furry friends. But Sandra's murder rang some investigative bells - the generational, business part of it so cleverly hidden behind a church front... and the perp on certain of ThOSE psych meds, it just was so much back to the future.

I got out of it when so many reporter colleagues I knew disappeared or ended up disappeared, or living under threat, e.g., the Juarez House of Death murders and a particular murder of a 9 y/o girl in the fields down there, the whole thing documented in Diana Washington Valdez's book "Harvest of Women" (which included many many little Latinas )... now the bells Sandra's murder were ringing were NOT along those lines, (except I did refer to the Clover Rd Baptist Church as Tracy's House of Death and I have and will have no regrets for that) I guess I'm just going on about how many different WAYS this horror against our weakest unfolds, for so many different insanities - as one can hardly call it "reason".

So Sandra, little girl who skipped into my heart, perhaps you awakened me to the work still unfinished. I will always say brave little one, you deserve a medal of honor for I suspect you took the hit for your 5 y/o friend. I know how little girls stand together to protect each other, when adults just don't listen in time about other adults who are just plain nuts.You get my personal medal of honor, because the truth of what all went on in Pedo Park will likely never be revealed, and you kept your joy held high til the end.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast