747 users online (100 members and 647 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC -Domino's Pizza: Workers Who Videotaped Themselves Passing Gas on Food Face Arrest

Ugh, read at your own risk. Good thing I've all but sworn off Dominos and Pizza Hut, their pizza's have gotten so gross with the mega sauce and slimy yet powdery artificial like cheese they use now.

Domino's Pizza says there is a warrant out for the arrest of two fired North Carolina employees who videotaped themselves passing gas on salami, stuffing cheese up their nostrils then using the foul fixins' in the fast food. (more at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,516021,00.html

That is so nasty. O/T but the stories I could tell you from working in the restaurant industry for over 20 years would make you gag. Ugh!
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Ugh, read at your own risk. Good thing I've all but sworn off Dominos and Pizza Hut, their pizza's have gotten so gross with the mega sauce and slimy yet powdery artificial like cheese they use now.

Domino's Pizza says there is a warrant out for the arrest of two fired North Carolina employees who videotaped themselves passing gas on salami, stuffing cheese up their nostrils then using the foul fixins' in the fast food. (more at link)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,516021,00.html
    That's disgusting. I feel bad for the people who may have eaten the tainted pizza. Going to warn my son's in college out of state to not order Domino's anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    That is so nasty. O/T but the stories I could tell you from working in the restaurant industry for over 20 years would make you gag. Ugh!
    And I'd be plugging my ears yelling "lalalalalalala!"

I can be so OCD about this kind of stuff. Y'all have no idea how bad this article got to me.

OMG!!!

That does it! No more Dominos for me! No more Pizza Hut either.

When PIZZA came up as having been the smell in Casey Anthony's trunk, I did not eat pizza for quite a while because I was disgusted by the talk of maggots on it. Now we know that pizza had nothing to do with the smell in Casey's car.

Now here is the Dominos story. Barf! I will make my own pizza at home from now on!

I did not send food back at restaurants because I thought the cook would do something to it and send it back out.

Guess I will be cooking at home quite a lot!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

I'm sorry, but Pizza is not all THAT anymore. I also got tired of paying 20 dollars for a box of slime and a two liter bottle of soda and 1.75 delivery fee. IMO, it's gotten rediculously expensive.
    Last edited by SuziQ; 04-15-2009 at 12:32 PM. Reason: rephraise

Before we lump all pizza places in together, there are some that do not do that sort of thing! I actually worked for a pizza place while in grad school. A friend from high school happened to own it and let me have very flexible hours. Now, when I was younger, the place was known for the antics of the "kids" that worked there. When my friend owned it, he hired appropriate people and would drop by all the time to see how things were going. We never knew when he'd stop by. We never did anything inappropriate with or around the food. If something fell on the floor, it went in the garbage! The place I worked for was part of a franchise, but each store is independantly owned. Now, I know a lot of fast food places that friends of mine worked at when we were teens, and the stories they told were AWFUL! I guess it just depends on who you hire and how good of an eye you keep on them. Along with if they are held responsible for any wrong doing.

Thank you, Lynn1001! I do know that not all pizza places are dirty and will do these disgusting things! Still, I will just make my own - it is not that hard.

SuziQ, you are right about the cost! I can go to Outback and have a great meal for what a delievered pizza costs! I have smacked my forehead like in the V8 commercial after having a cold home delievered pizza and think, "I could have had babyback ribs at Outback for what I just paid for this cold pizza!"
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I'm sorry, but Pizza is not all THAT anymore. I also got tired of paying 20 dollars for a box of slime and a two liter bottle of soda and 1.75 delivery fee. IMO, it's gotten rediculously expensive.
    Seriously. We have pretty much done that as well. I buy some premade - like the California Pizza Kitchen frozen or the Archer Farms brand from Target, which are both good, convenient and cheaper that delivery. But, we have also discovered how easy homemade pizza is. I can make a lot of pizzas for what two costs on delivery! And I know it is okay for my family to eat. I appreciate this posting though, as, now if I THINK of ordering from anywhere (we swore off Dominos many years ago) I will remember this article.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Ugh, I shouldn't have read this as I'm eating lunch! Gross. No way am I going to watch the videos. I'm always afraid of people doing this to my food. I guess its good, in a way, that DH and I can't afford to eat out anyway. I'm another one that doesn't complain about my food, I pretty much eat what I'm given, if I like it or not. DH is picky, complains and sends food back. that is when I think they might do something to it, if you p*ss them off. Yuck.

I have to say that - for me - this says more about the employees than Dominos. My second high school job was with Domino's and they were very clean and well-run. I also worked for Burger King and never saw any gross stuff. I don't ever really eat from those places today though just because I don't really like the food they serve.

That said - there are plenty of disgruntled employees in any food preparation/service industry and I have heard some nasty stories from my sister who worked as a server for years at various restaurants.

I will admit that my family eats out once or twice a week and, frankly, I just don't think about all the gross stuff that could be going on behind the scenes. It is easy for me to trust that people aren't out to screw with me and I'm grateful for that disposition or else I would probably be a neurotic mess!
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

When I was in high school, my best friend's brother worked at a local Checkers (Rally's) and he'd brag about how his friends there would pee in the fry vats.

The only fast food place I really, truly trust is Chick-fil-a. I've never seen one that isn't immaculate and very professionally run. I think their management staff must do the Disney Traditions Corporate Training program, because Marriott did and the stuff I've seen is very similar. Nomenclature and phraseology, etc.

I like to make my own pizza and foccocia(sp) bread. I just make the dough in my breadmaker and the rest is easy. I hear that frozen bread loaves work great too. I like to precook the dough for 3 mins at 350 before putting the toppings on. That way I don't end up with a slimy pizza. Did I mention I hate slimy pizza?

Lalaw, we did the Applebees two for 20 last week and it was great!

Ewwww! Okay.....I'm am never eating out again!!!!
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast