Attorney for Casey Anthony's parents comments on state seeking death penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirlinCentralFL

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-caysey-anthony-family-statement-041509,0,3019441.story

Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
3:59 PM EDT, April 15, 2009

The attorney for Casey Anthony's parents released a statement today about prosecutors seeking the death penalty against the 23-year-old.

"The State's decision to seek the death penalty will not change the support and love the Anthony's have for Casey. Casey Anthony, like all other defendants, is entitled to the presumption of innocence. If the State can overcome that presumption before a jury of 12 of Casey's peers, the Anthonys will then begin to deal with the potential sentence," Brad Conway said in an e-mail to the Orlando Sentinel.

I have a feeling the Anthony's will remain loyal supporters until the end, denying and refuting what the evidence clearly shows, while all the while, beautiful little Caylee becomes less and less the focus. I understand the desire or the need to remain in denial and hold onto hope but seriously...there has to be a time when even this is no longer good enough and the truth has to become a reality for sanity's sake. How can they scream out one side of their mouths that KC has been the target from day one and is innocent however in the same breath, do not scream for the "true killer" to be brought to justice or even mention that they continue to look for the "real killer"... <sigh>sorry, just needed to rant...:razz:

I can't begin to know what it is to live a lie everyday of your life, it has to eventually wear on a person. I don't know how you wake up day after day and deal with living in a made up world where your daughter is the victim and truthful and everyone else is wrong.

Thankfully, I do not consider most prospective members of the jury to be Casey's 'peers' by my definition.

Legal definition aside, the case verdict will be determined by people who are not Casey Anthony's 'peers'.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-caysey-anthony-family-statement-041509,0,3019441.story

The attorney for Casey Anthony's parents released a statement today about prosecutors seeking the death penalty against the 23-year-old.

"The State's decision to seek the death penalty will not change the support and love the Anthony's have for Casey. Casey Anthony, like all other defendants, is entitled to the presumption of innocence. If the State can overcome that presumption before a jury of 12 of Casey's peers, the Anthonys will then begin to deal with the potential sentence," Brad Conway said in an e-mail to the Orlando Sentinel.

I don't understand this part. The State Attorney believes she is guilty, why would they wait for the jury to decide before assuming she is guilty? If they didn't think she was guilty they would not prosecute her.

Is this that backward sorta way thinking, eh, is it? Is it? Come on you can tell me, is it?

Thankfully, I do not consider most prospective members of the jury to be Casey's 'peers' by my definition.

Legal definition aside, the case verdict will be determined by people who are not Casey Anthony's 'peers'.

Exactly! Unless, they are going to fill the jury box with young people who party and lie and don't work and steal and.......

I can't begin to know what it is to live a lie everyday of your life, it has to eventually wear on a person. I don't know how you wake up day after day and deal with living in a made up world where your daughter is the victim and truthful and everyone else is wrong.

Yet, does it not seem as if KC lived in a "made up world". Where do these peeps come from. The whole family seems to live in a world most of us can't see. Where did lil Caylee fit in this made up world? Maybe in all their heads Caylee was made up 2 and so in a made up world, you just drop a character and move on to other made up stuff. Swat it seems is happening in that family.

Where does KC being in jail for murder fit into this made up world? This made up child? WOW. Where is the line drown between real and made up?

I mean when will CA see that she can't MAKE a made up world any more.

I would hate to have to draw that line between real ant not real. Poot---I get confused just being in the real world.

:rolleyes: I figured he'd say something like that ..

~yawn~

I have a feeling the Anthony's will remain loyal supporters until the end, denying and refuting what the evidence clearly shows, while all the while, beautiful little Caylee becomes less and less the focus. I understand the desire or the need to remain in denial and hold onto hope but seriously...there has to be a time when even this is no longer good enough and the truth has to become a reality for sanity's sake. How can they scream out on side of their mouths that KC has been the target from day one and is innocent however in the same breath, do not scream for the "true killer" to be brought to justice or even mention that they continue to look for the "real killer"... <sigh>sorry, just needed to rant...:razz:

Yes, you are right, they will remain "United" and in denial, at least to the public for as long as they take a breath.

I have a cousin who's serving LWOP for a murder of his brothers wife. yeah, proud moment for my family. Anyway, his mother went to her grave believing he was innocent, even though the evidence against him was outstanding and another person he attempted to off survived and testified against him. She also tried to deflect the blame, unsuccessfully. However, his father, my uncle did not believe him and it cost him his marriage, an ungodly amount of money that his wife took to defend their son, and to an extent his health. To this day he is afraid his son will get out somehow and follow through on the threats he's made to kill him.

Just an example of how the mind of the family can hang tight to the belief that they didn't create a monster.

Also - Jackie Peterson still contends that her son is innocent. I doubt she'll ever sing a different tune.

I don't understand this part. The State Attorney believes she is guilty, why would they wait for the jury to decide before assuming she is guilty? If they didn't think she was guilty they would not prosecute her.

Is this that backward sorta way thinking, eh, is it? Is it? Come on you can tell me, is it?

YUP! Shocking, huh?

IMO, nothing requires the Anthony family to admit or even think their daughter is a murderer. They have the right to believe as they choose.

I'd like to know their definition of *support*, though.

Unconditional love is one kind of support. OK. *Putting money in her prison treats account* is another kind of support. OK.

So far so good.

But they've played games with that word, in my opinion. They've crossed legal lines with that word, in my opinion. I think most people who watch this case know that.

Exactly! Unless, they are going to fill the jury box with young people who party and lie and don't work and steal and.......
Even KC's "Party Friends" had jobs, rent and commitments to fulfil, were striving with education etc.

Hard to see KC actually has any "peers" she certainly would not fit with typical unemployed.
She is simply uniquely hopeless!

Quite frankly the A family can only be doing one of three things
1- They do live in a completely different universe than we do. And view Casey through Rose colored glasses and see a wonderful honest, loving daughter and mother.
2- Know their daughter is lying and that she killed Caylee but are intentionally lying for her so that she goes free.
3- Know that Casey killed Caylee but while in public pretend to support her.

Take any of these scenarios and it still means they are a family in need of some serious psychological help. I tend to stray away from number 1 because in the very beginning the A family were much more truthful about the facts in the case. Now they just straight out lie.

G was shocked by the photobucket account when LE warned him. The trial is going to be grueling on them and their parents. A lot of people are going to be thrown under the bus for smoking weed, other things, cheating on their spouses, so many lives this has wrecked. I wish she would plea out, but we know she is being very ill advised that all the state has is "speculation" and "junk science".

Even KC's "Party Friends" had jobs, rent and commitments to fulfil, were striving with education etc.

Hard to see KC actually has any "peers" she certainly would not fit with typical unemployed.
She is simply uniquely hopeless!

Love you signature! Your avatar is that Edmund Hercule Burke?

Well, now this tells me that the 12 member jury that is required now (its now a death penalty case) verses the 6 member jury, will give the Anthony family a lot more comfort knowing twice as many people found her guilty! The state must be pretty confident about their case, and I always thought 6 people on a jury was too few.......

Now, if the presumption of innocence is lost on 12 people, after hearing the evidence, then the family will be more confident that the guilt is REAL. And they won't be coming back saying.......Well, only 6 people believed her guilt, I still don't believe it! This will go a LONG WAY in convincing the Anthonys if their daughter is guilty. In MY Opinion!

Good move on the States' part, and how empathetic of them to do this for the family to have closure!

When the state you live in makes formal announcement that it may execute your child for something you know in your heart of hearts that she has done, even if you can't bear the humiliation of admitting it publicly, it is time to serious up and lose the BS.

The State's decision to seek the death penalty will not change the support and love the Anthony's have for Casey

Sadly that love trumps the love they supposedly had for Caylee..

What about the support and love for Caylee!!!!:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member