1380 users online (308 members and 1072 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Detectives track Casey's sleep pattern

WFTV

Released document of Casey's sleep patterns. Found buried in document dump.
    http://www.wftv.com/blank/19168424/detail.html

Casey Anthony used her cell phone so much during Caylee's disappearance she might help investigators build the murder case against her.
    ~~~~ There is a fine line between being a busybody and a sleuth.~~~~

I'm really not sure how they'll figure out anything with her cell phone.

Even if she was in the midst of dumping the body, I'm sure she'd stop and return a text to whomever calls.

I think the documents are a little weak, myself.
    Last edited by ibyoungr; 04-16-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: redacted info I should not have shared

Hum... I see long periods of inactivity - lots of sleep? maybe? depression?
    "any time, any place, the super sleuths are on the case...." - My friends Tigger and Pooh

I am not a cell phone ping expert, but just going by the spreadsheet linked above it looks like they can pinpoint to .5 miles her locations with the cell phone pings ? Or is it possible to be more specific than that ?

Quote Originally Posted by StickPoint View Post
    Hum... I see long periods of inactivity - lots of sleep? maybe? depression?
    Battery that doesn't hold a charge well or a phone that takes ages to charge? Being someplace where cell phone use is just plain wrong (hospital? library? waiting room? driving-hah!!)

Not saying your ideas are wrong, but that not everyone is on the phone all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peculiar Petunia View Post
    Battery that doesn't hold a charge well or a phone that takes ages to charge? Being someplace where cell phone use is just plain wrong (hospital? library? waiting room? driving-hah!!)

Not saying your ideas are wrong, but that not everyone is on the phone all the time.
    I agree... just tossing ideas out there.

From all other accounts it seems like she lived and breathed through her phone(s). Like an external organ or something. All in all it's just interesting that they'd take this much interest in the gaps of time the phone was NOT used.
    "any time, any place, the super sleuths are on the case...." - My friends Tigger and Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by StickPoint View Post
    I agree... just tossing ideas out there.

From all other accounts it seems like she lived and breathed through her phone(s). Like an external organ or something. All in all it's just interesting that they'd take this much interest in the gaps of time the phone was NOT used.
    What is also interesting is to track her days and compare them to the interviews and texts.

I think this girl for the past 2 years.. just hung out during the day and "said she was at work" I think Caylee was with her most of the time. She spent most of her time.. looking for a hubby and a daddy for her baby so she could play house. When Caylee was not with her.. I think she was with her Grandma or that Holly chick.

I couldn't begin to tell you where the original thread is, but this was released many month's ago.

http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233

Lot of this is in the analysis forum.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ibyoungr View Post
    I think the documents are a little weak, myself. I read the actual xls spreadsheet and it is a little more in depth, however, harder to read.

I do wonder about the 17th because the xls spreadsheet shows her ping back at her parents around 2:30 but this document has her phone shut off or inactive for 12 hours.
    do you have to have excel installed in order to open this?
    I think maybe OpenOffice can open an excel spreadsheet. Go to http://www.openoffice.org. This is a free office suite. Much like MSOffice. It should open all MS documents. It will also let you save in MS office format if IIRC.
    Last edited by Patty G; 04-16-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: removed link

Quote Originally Posted by ibyoungr View Post
    I think the documents are a little weak, myself. I read the actual xls spreadsheet and it is a little more in depth, however, harder to read.

I do wonder about the 17th because the xls spreadsheet shows her ping back at her parents around 2:30 but this document has her phone shut off or inactive for 12 hours.

Here is the spreadsheet I have been working off of...

FWIW, on NG the other night, the expert from North Carolina that she was interviewing said he analyzed the cell records to determine a sleep pattern or something, and he utilized the texts only, because the defense could say that incoming calls went to voice mail, so it couldn't be certain that KC was actually using the phone, however, if she was texting, they couldn't fall back on such an excuse. This may or may not be helpful, but I thought I'd throw that out here.
    Last edited by JBean; 04-16-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: remove link from quoted post

Quote Originally Posted by shgrbkr View Post
    FWIW, on NG the other night, the expert from North Carolina that she was interviewing said he analyzed the cell records to determine a sleep pattern or something, and he utilized the texts only, because the defense could say that incoming calls went to voice mail, so it couldn't be certain that KC was actually using the phone, however, if she was texting, they couldn't fall back on such an excuse. This may or may not be helpful, but I thought I'd throw that out here.
    That makes sense and thanks for sharing that info. But it even when an incoming phone call comes in it does show the location the
    phone whether she is on it or not. As much as she is on the phone one would have to assume she was USUALLY with the phone. I mean we all have times the phone has to charge or the battery is dead.

my 23 yr old always has his phone by his side.... and always on... at nite he keeps it on, but the charger plugged in.. it is never shut off...it never dies... if he is called or texted during the nite..he will answer or respond, and can roll over and right back to sleep...this could also be true in caseys case.. u think?

Quote Originally Posted by shgrbkr View Post

I saw that guy too and he said that they could also pinpoint almost her exact locations as she traveled. Interesting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast