1380 users online (308 members and 1072 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    1,208

    Detectives track Casey's sleep pattern

    WFTV

    Released document of Casey's sleep patterns. Found buried in document dump.
    http://www.wftv.com/blank/19168424/detail.html

    Casey Anthony used her cell phone so much during Caylee's disappearance she might help investigators build the murder case against her.
    ~~~~ There is a fine line between being a busybody and a sleuth.~~~~

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,575
    I'm really not sure how they'll figure out anything with her cell phone.

    Even if she was in the midst of dumping the body, I'm sure she'd stop and return a text to whomever calls.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    1,208
    I think the documents are a little weak, myself.
    Last edited by ibyoungr; 04-16-2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: redacted info I should not have shared
    ~~~~ There is a fine line between being a busybody and a sleuth.~~~~

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    136
    Hum... I see long periods of inactivity - lots of sleep? maybe? depression?
    "any time, any place, the super sleuths are on the case...." - My friends Tigger and Pooh

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,971
    I am not a cell phone ping expert, but just going by the spreadsheet linked above it looks like they can pinpoint to .5 miles her locations with the cell phone pings ? Or is it possible to be more specific than that ?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by StickPoint View Post
    Hum... I see long periods of inactivity - lots of sleep? maybe? depression?
    Battery that doesn't hold a charge well or a phone that takes ages to charge? Being someplace where cell phone use is just plain wrong (hospital? library? waiting room? driving-hah!!)

    Not saying your ideas are wrong, but that not everyone is on the phone all the time.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Peculiar Petunia View Post
    Battery that doesn't hold a charge well or a phone that takes ages to charge? Being someplace where cell phone use is just plain wrong (hospital? library? waiting room? driving-hah!!)

    Not saying your ideas are wrong, but that not everyone is on the phone all the time.
    I agree... just tossing ideas out there.

    From all other accounts it seems like she lived and breathed through her phone(s). Like an external organ or something. All in all it's just interesting that they'd take this much interest in the gaps of time the phone was NOT used.
    "any time, any place, the super sleuths are on the case...." - My friends Tigger and Pooh

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by StickPoint View Post
    I agree... just tossing ideas out there.

    From all other accounts it seems like she lived and breathed through her phone(s). Like an external organ or something. All in all it's just interesting that they'd take this much interest in the gaps of time the phone was NOT used.
    What is also interesting is to track her days and compare them to the interviews and texts.

    I think this girl for the past 2 years.. just hung out during the day and "said she was at work" I think Caylee was with her most of the time. She spent most of her time.. looking for a hubby and a daddy for her baby so she could play house. When Caylee was not with her.. I think she was with her Grandma or that Holly chick.
    ~~~~ There is a fine line between being a busybody and a sleuth.~~~~

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,681
    I couldn't begin to tell you where the original thread is, but this was released many month's ago.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233

    Lot of this is in the analysis forum.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ibyoungr View Post
    I think the documents are a little weak, myself. I read the actual xls spreadsheet and it is a little more in depth, however, harder to read.

    I do wonder about the 17th because the xls spreadsheet shows her ping back at her parents around 2:30 but this document has her phone shut off or inactive for 12 hours.
    do you have to have excel installed in order to open this?
    I think maybe OpenOffice can open an excel spreadsheet. Go to http://www.openoffice.org. This is a free office suite. Much like MSOffice. It should open all MS documents. It will also let you save in MS office format if IIRC.
    Last edited by Patty G; 04-16-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: removed link
    ~~~~ There is a fine line between being a busybody and a sleuth.~~~~

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by ibyoungr View Post
    I think the documents are a little weak, myself. I read the actual xls spreadsheet and it is a little more in depth, however, harder to read.

    I do wonder about the 17th because the xls spreadsheet shows her ping back at her parents around 2:30 but this document has her phone shut off or inactive for 12 hours.

    Here is the spreadsheet I have been working off of...

    FWIW, on NG the other night, the expert from North Carolina that she was interviewing said he analyzed the cell records to determine a sleep pattern or something, and he utilized the texts only, because the defense could say that incoming calls went to voice mail, so it couldn't be certain that KC was actually using the phone, however, if she was texting, they couldn't fall back on such an excuse. This may or may not be helpful, but I thought I'd throw that out here.
    Last edited by JBean; 04-16-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: remove link from quoted post

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by shgrbkr View Post
    FWIW, on NG the other night, the expert from North Carolina that she was interviewing said he analyzed the cell records to determine a sleep pattern or something, and he utilized the texts only, because the defense could say that incoming calls went to voice mail, so it couldn't be certain that KC was actually using the phone, however, if she was texting, they couldn't fall back on such an excuse. This may or may not be helpful, but I thought I'd throw that out here.
    That makes sense and thanks for sharing that info. But it even when an incoming phone call comes in it does show the location the
    phone whether she is on it or not. As much as she is on the phone one would have to assume she was USUALLY with the phone. I mean we all have times the phone has to charge or the battery is dead.
    ~~~~ There is a fine line between being a busybody and a sleuth.~~~~

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Sarasota Florida,
    Posts
    603
    my 23 yr old always has his phone by his side.... and always on... at nite he keeps it on, but the charger plugged in.. it is never shut off...it never dies... if he is called or texted during the nite..he will answer or respond, and can roll over and right back to sleep...this could also be true in caseys case.. u think?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by shgrbkr View Post
    FWIW, on NG the other night, the expert from North Carolina that she was interviewing said he analyzed the cell records to determine a sleep pattern or something, and he utilized the texts only, because the defense could say that incoming calls went to voice mail, so it couldn't be certain that KC was actually using the phone, however, if she was texting, they couldn't fall back on such an excuse. This may or may not be helpful, but I thought I'd throw that out here.

    I saw that guy too and he said that they could also pinpoint almost her exact locations as she traveled. Interesting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast