CA CA - John Dolan Phillips, 35, San Francisco, 16 Apr 1983

8truthseeker8

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been lurking on the boards for awhile so I thought that I'd throw out an idea.......

Has anyone looked at John Dolan Philips (Doe Network case # 1020 DMCA) ??

I emailed the Doe Network and a gentlemen responded that they hadn't looked at him yet..... so I was wondering if anyone on this board looked at him.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1020dmca.html

Why I considered him.....

Benjaman= 5'11, brown hair, blue eyes, west coast, thinks his DOB= 8/29/48

John=5'10, brown hair, blue eyes, San Fran, CA, DOB= 7/28/47 (which is exactly 1yr,1mo,1day different)

When BK looks in mirror he thinks he has lost 20 years..... John's been missing since 83. BK likes his name spelt with an "A" which led me to believe he had a memory of having to say that his name was spelt with an "A" not an "E" etc. John's middle name is Nolan, which is normally spelt Nolen.

His nose and laugh line look the same (something that wouldn't really change with age versus hair color and weight)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/phillips_john.html
John Dolan Phillips:
Missing from his home in San Francisco, 4/16/1983. No dentals. No details.

Pro: brown hair, blue eyes. Nose in line with bottom of nose.
Con: Hair parted on different side than BK.
Nose a little wide.

Listed height: 5'10'', weight: 150 lbs
BK. height: 5'11'',weight: 210 lbs.

It is hard to tell. The picture is hazy and blurry.
There are no details about his disappearance.
?
I don't think so.
What do others think?

Can someone please do a side-by-side pic of the two? Thanks

By the way 8truthseeker8

:Welcome-12-june:

I think I see a resemblence too. The only thing I might would say on this one is the picture is in such poor condition, and his nose seems a bit long, but same nose. I will try and crop the photos as close as possible to see if this will help any better.

Here is another one. I added the recent photo also. Take a look at the mouths on the Phillips and the last photo of Ben, hum.

dolan ben 2 jpg.JPG

Thanks for the welcome. ;) You are right, the picture is of poor quality, but Carolwood did a great job with the side by side. But if this is him........... where has he been for 20 years?

Welcome 8truthseeker8!

I have to agree with those who see similarities between John and Ben. The faces appear to be the same shape/length.

What's the best way to find out more information about John?

Boys--Get in touch with the contact LE for John, they should have more info about him. They do look very similar, but I think Johns nose looks alittle bit shorter? BK's nose from his eyes to the tip seem longer, but they do look very similar. John appears to have piercing blue eyes, I really wish we had a better pic of him. I wonder why John is not listed with NCMA?

Boys--Get in touch with the contact LE for John, they should have more info about him. They do look very similar, but I think Johns nose looks alittle bit shorter? BK's nose from his eyes to the tip seem longer, but they do look very similar. John appears to have piercing blue eyes, I really wish we had a better pic of him. I wonder why John is not listed with NCMA?

I've never contacted the "important" people in any case (with Ben, all I've done is passed out flyers). The photo of John isn't a great one. John's photo also makes his nose look a little broader at the tip compared to Ben's nose. From forehead to tip, the length of the nose looks pretty similar to me (other than the very tip). The chins and structures of the face look similar to me, the cheeks look a little less pronounced on Ben than they do on John, but with age or weight and dental "issues" do the cheeks change?

I hope that Christine chimes in with this comparison, I am not good at these comparisons. :blowkiss:

I have to agree, the similarities are there. If Christine and Believe think this is a good one, they may want to handle it. If not, I will be glad to call it in for a better take on John. Let's see what they have to say. Also, I have googled and yahooed with no results except for the doe and charley. I will check ancestry to see if they have declared him deceased and let you all know.

I have to agree, the similarities are there. If Christine and Believe think this is a good one, they may want to handle it. If not, I will be glad to call it in for a better take on John. Let's see what they have to say. Also, I have googled and yahooed with no results except for the doe and charley. I will check ancestry to see if they have declared him deceased and let you all know.
-----------------------------------

Maybe something will come up on ancestry.com. That would be good.
I have found nothing else at all online about this man.

We don't know if he was found or is still missing or if he has family out there?

-----------------------------------

Maybe something will come up on ancestry.com. That would be good.
I have found nothing else at all online about this man.

We don't know if he was found or is still missing or if he has family out there?

Nothing on Ancestry for John Dolan Phillips.

Bumping with NAMUS:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26287/

1020DMCA - John Dolan Phillips

John Dolan Phillips

John Dolan Phillips – The Charley Project

john_dolan_phillips_1.jpg
john_dolan_phillips_2.jpg
phillips_john3.jpg

Phillips, circa 1983

Name: John Dolan Phillips
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: April 16, 1983
Location Last Seen: San Francisco, San Francisco County, California

Date of Birth: July 28, 1947
Race: White
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Clothing: Blue jeans.
Jewelry: A watch on his left wrist.

Details of Disappearance: Phillips was last seen at his home in San Francisco, California on April 16, 1983. He has never been heard from again. It theorized at the time that he had walked out of his life to escape the stress of having a new baby and problems in his marriage of sixteen years. He lived with his family on Larkin Street.

Phillips disappeared with his mint-condition 1967 Citroen convertible; it's a rare vehicle, with only 1,200 ever manufactured, and was worth twelve to sixteen thousand dollars. The Citroen resurface in July 1985, after a new owner bought it at a lien sale. It had been left in the underground parking lot at an office skyscraper in San Francisco, and accumulated $4,000 in parking fees over the course of eight months before the owners of the parking garage sold it to one of their employees for $200.

The new owner stated when he had opened the trunk of the car, he found some baseball equipment and Phillips's wallet, with contacts intact. A private detective hired by Phillips's family asked the new owner to let him take to the car to be analyzed for clues in Phillips's disappearance, but the owner refused. Eventually the family's lawyer got a court order directing the new owner to hand over the car.

At the time of his disappearance, Phillips worked as an importer of Asian textiles. The private detective who investigated his case looked into the possibility that drugs were involved in his case, but this theory came to nothing. Phillips's disappearance remains unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back