690 users online (107 members and 583 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

P.I. Never paid by Anthony Family

Quote"George Anthony said the family has not paid Casey for his services.
    Casey also had legal troubles. He was arrested in 2003 on domestic abuse charges. He was accused of verbally abusing and pushing a female family member, but the state attorney's office later decided not to prosecute him."Quote
    Snipped from article

Why does none of this surprise me?
    where do all of these lovely, law abiding citizens come from

Quote Originally Posted by twomanywords View Post
    Casey also had legal troubles. He was arrested in 2003 on domestic abuse charges. He was accused of verbally abusing and pushing a female family member, but the state attorney's office later decided not to prosecute him."Quote
    Snipped from article

All I can say is, "Birds of a feather, flock together." Seems to me that just about everyone on the Anthony-Baez team is tainted.

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS

Well here is my question???? Will the A's family and D. Casey still be able to scream work product and privilged information, if there has never been any money exchange hands???? Just because there is a signed peice of paper....It seems that the A's want it both ways....We hired him and had a signed contract so there is privelidge and work product now we here he hasnt been paid....Any legal eagles out there know if they will be able to work both sides of this fence?
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by twomanywords View Post
    Snipped from article

Like flies to $h!t ..

What can I say?

<shrug>

. . . and isn't he claiming he didn't get paid properly from JB either?
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
    . . . and isn't he claiming he didn't get paid properly from JB either?
    Yes. He is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    Well here is my question???? Will the A's family and D. Casey still be able to scream work product and privilged information, if there has never been any money exchange hands???? Just because there is a signed peice of paper....It seems that the A's want it both ways....We hired him and had a signed contract so there is privelidge and work product now we here he hasnt been paid....Any legal eagles out there know if they will be able to work both sides of this fence?
    I thought they would have to at least give a retainer of sorts. I want to know the answer to this as well.
    Just my opinion.....
    Finally found a reason for the Ignore feature!

A spokeswoman for Baez said the defense never paid Casey for his services.
    "He and Mr. Baez had had a run-in, or a blow-out, or whatever. He stopped working for him, I guess sometime in September or October over the money issue," Hoover said.
    lol - wonder why???

More and more Hoover seems to be the only person in this pit of vipers who could actually be telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Spangle View Post
    I thought they would have to at least give a retainer of sorts. I want to know the answer to this as well.
    Well here is one answer, but I doubt that it is a truthful answer.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...Deposition.pdf (George's Deposition) Page 79

5 Q Did you sign a retainer with him?
    6 A I didn't sign a retainer with him, no.
    7 Q So everything is verbal between you and him as far as payments go, not to get into specific payments, but just as far as payments go?
    10 A Yes.

Here is another answer, which is closer to Dominic's version.

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...0April%209.pdf (Cindy's Deposition) Page 111

7 Q Who paid Dominic -- do you know who paid Dominic Casey?
    9 A (Shakes head.) Paid Dominic Casey for what?

17 Q You and George and Dominic. And when was that
    18 signed?
    19 AA It was signed probably in October but we had a
    20 verbal contract prior to that.
    Page 116
    8 A We had two written contracts and I can't tell you the first conversation.

And from Dominic:
    http://cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/St...ic%20casey.pdf
    Dominic Interview Jan 7, 2008
    Page 5011 - I have a letter of engagement with the Anthonys, George and Cynthia. I think that goes back to October. It was when I terminated my services with Baez I entered into a letter of engagement with the Anthonys. Prior to that, I was providing services to the Anthonys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    The privilege is the "attorney work product" privilege. Since GA, CA and LA are not licensed attorneys and DC is not a licensed attorney, there cannot be an attorney work product privilege in any contract among the A family and DC, a private investigator.
    When DC was working for JB directly and only then was there an attorney work product privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    The privilege is the "attorney work product" privilege. Since GA, CA and LA are not licensed attorneys and DC is not a licensed attorney, there cannot be an attorney work product privilege in any contract among the A family and DC, a private investigator.
    When DC was working for JB directly and only then was there an attorney work product privilege.
    So when Brad C cited work product privilege in the depo, between George and Dominic that was wrong.

Dominic was not paid by Jose and not paid by the A's, how is he paying his bills, noone is paying the guy...

He has permission to write a story. Just like they all will. Their notebooks full of notes have already been turned over to writers, you can bet all the money in your pockets on that, and they will justify it by saying they had to for their daughters defense against "The forces".

uhm yeah...and JB wasn't paying Todd Black either...it was a concerned family...just like the A's never paid Dominic Casey. Craziness i tell ya...crazy! I don't know what to believe anymore. When I first read this I thought it was a crock to get some of the pressure off...no pay, no responsibility type thing. Now, I don't know what to think because I truly believe all of them are as crooked as crooked can get!

I think the falling out between DC and JB was that DC had an expectation of a % of earnings from these future media deals/holdings and either discovered he got shut out by other more important players or JB is getting greedy. I think he fell for the same thing with the A's, an expectation of future remuneration but this is all taking a LOT longer than expected and future promises or expectations don't pay the bills or put food on the table. Based on DC's complaint about JB to Florida Bar, sounds like it is pay back time. A falling out amongst the thieves.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast