1335 users online (303 members and 1032 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

April 27 issue of PEOPLE

Credit: Landov
    Community Mourns Murdered California Girl Found in Suitcase

Originally posted 04/16/2009 05:25PM
    The rural area of Tracy, Calif., just north of the hometown of Laci Peterson and Chandra Levy, has seen its share of shocking murders.

But the community is reeling from the horrific slaying of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, apparently by her 5-year-old friend's mom. As a public memorial began Thursday at Merrill West High School, 3,000 people filled the school's gym and cafeteria and more members of the public were being seated in a school stadium. Photos of Sandra were displayed on screens. A poem in the program read: "“The girl who changed our lives/The girl we never knew./ Our faith is now put to the test/ we tried so hard we did our best/ We know you are now safe."
    Read More
    http://www.people.com/people/news/0,,,00.html

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

I hope the media doesn't dare have a field day with the life of Melissa Huckaby. I want to know all about Sandra that her family will make public: What kind of pizza did she like? What TV shows did she like? Was she good at math?

I don't really want to even know Huckaby's shoe size. I understand we need to learn what produces people like her, but I hope the media won't give her celebrity. I'd like to see people like her referred to in the media by number, such as Alleged Tracy SO #1 (ATSO1 for short?).

I love to read, but I WILL NOT be buying a book about Huckaby's life unless she gets NO PROFIT from it (preferably if her share goes to Sandra's memorial fund).
    Last edited by lngrid; 04-17-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Added the last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by lngrid View Post
    I hope the media doesn't dare have a field day with the life of Melissa Huckaby. I want to know all about Sandra that her family will make public: What kind of pizza did she like? What TV shows did she like? Was she good at math?

I don't really want to even know Huckaby's shoe size. I understand we need to learn what produces people like her, but I hope the media won't give her celebrity. I'd like to see people like her referred to in the media by number, such as Alleged Tracy SO #1 (ATSO1 for short?).

I love to read, but I WILL NOT be buying a book about Huckaby's life unless she gets NO PROFIT from it (preferably if her share goes to Sandra's memorial fund).
    I sure agree with you! Should be all about SANDRA!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by lngrid View Post

(my bolding)

Assuming she's guilty and convicted... What if half the proceeds go to Sandra's family and the other half to a trust fund for her daughter M? -who is just as much a victim in all of this.
    Last edited by christine2448; 04-22-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Finally, something we agree on!

Books and movies are sure to be written on this horrific crime and the perp. (They should be required reading for other LE agencies, imo.) People are going to make money one way or another. It would be great if proceeds could go to Sandra's family and to her daughter for at least one well written, factual account. However, Sandra's family will turn it down (as they did donations) and her daughter will probably want nothing to do with anything coming from her mother.

Originally posted by QNA:

Assuming she's guilty and convicted... What if half the proceeds go to Sandra's family and the other half to a trust fund for her daughter M? -who is just as much a victim in all of this.
    Last edited by christine2448; 04-22-2009 at 08:52 PM.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.