arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com
Credit: Landov
Community Mourns Murdered California Girl Found in Suitcase

Originally posted 04/16/2009 05:25PM
The rural area of Tracy, Calif., just north of the hometown of Laci Peterson and Chandra Levy, has seen its share of shocking murders.

But the community is reeling from the horrific slaying of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, apparently by her 5-year-old friend's mom. As a public memorial began Thursday at Merrill West High School, 3,000 people filled the school's gym and cafeteria and more members of the public were being seated in a school stadium. Photos of Sandra were displayed on screens. A poem in the program read: "“The girl who changed our lives/The girl we never knew./ Our faith is now put to the test/ we tried so hard we did our best/ We know you are now safe."
Read More
http://www.people.com/people/news/0,,,00.html

I hope the media doesn't dare have a field day with the life of Melissa Huckaby. I want to know all about Sandra that her family will make public: What kind of pizza did she like? What TV shows did she like? Was she good at math?

I don't really want to even know Huckaby's shoe size. I understand we need to learn what produces people like her, but I hope the media won't give her celebrity. I'd like to see people like her referred to in the media by number, such as Alleged Tracy SO #1 (ATSO1 for short?).

I love to read, but I WILL NOT be buying a book about Huckaby's life unless she gets NO PROFIT from it (preferably if her share goes to Sandra's memorial fund).

I hope the media doesn't dare have a field day with the life of Melissa Huckaby. I want to know all about Sandra that her family will make public: What kind of pizza did she like? What TV shows did she like? Was she good at math?

I don't really want to even know Huckaby's shoe size. I understand we need to learn what produces people like her, but I hope the media won't give her celebrity. I'd like to see people like her referred to in the media by number, such as Alleged Tracy SO #1 (ATSO1 for short?).

I love to read, but I WILL NOT be buying a book about Huckaby's life unless she gets NO PROFIT from it (preferably if her share goes to Sandra's memorial fund).

I sure agree with you! Should be all about SANDRA!

(my bolding)

Assuming she's guilty and convicted... What if half the proceeds go to Sandra's family and the other half to a trust fund for her daughter M? -who is just as much a victim in all of this.

Finally, something we agree on! ;)

Books and movies are sure to be written on this horrific crime and the perp. (They should be required reading for other LE agencies, imo.) People are going to make money one way or another. It would be great if proceeds could go to Sandra's family and to her daughter for at least one well written, factual account. However, Sandra's family will turn it down (as they did donations) and her daughter will probably want nothing to do with anything coming from her mother.

Originally posted by QNA:

Assuming she's guilty and convicted... What if half the proceeds go to Sandra's family and the other half to a trust fund for her daughter M? -who is just as much a victim in all of this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back