747 users online (112 members and 635 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TN - Damareo Hayes, 4, Memphis, 16 April 2009

Amber alert issued for 4-year-old Memphis boy

West Tennessee AMBER Alert has been activated for 4 year-old Damareo Hayes of Memphis.

The Memphis Police Department asked for the alert after the child was taken by his noncustodial father, Mareo Bradshaw Echols, at 4:21 this afternoon. The child was taken from his front yard in violation of an order of protection.

Damareo weighs 45 pounds and is 4-feet tall. He was last seen wearing a white shirt and blue jeans. Mareo Bradshaw, 20, is 5-feet-5 and weighs 300 pounds. He was last seen driving a white 2000 Nissan Maxima with Tennessee license plate 567-SXV. He may be with a woman.

More: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...d-memphis-boy/

I don't mean to be insensitive here, but at 5'5" and 300 pounds - this dude couldn't have been moving very fast? Why didn't LE get there in time to stop him?

Prayers this child is found and returned home soon,

Salem

NCMEC lists him at 5'7", which...isn't much better. Who knows how tall he actually is. By his photo, he doesn't look obese. But yeah...my guess is, since there is a vehicle, the guy drove up, grabbed him, and was gone. I doubt he had far to "run".

I was feeling bad because I was thinking the same thing. Once out of the car he wouldn't be able to get very far.

I hope his dad didn't take him with the intention of hurting him. So many do with the intent to hurt the child's mother.

Praying that he'll be home safe and sound before the weekend.

Update: Missing 4 Year-Old Found: Dad Still Sought

An Amber Alert that was issued for a missing Memphis boy has been cancelled after the boy was found safe and sound. Police say Damareo Hayes was taken from his front yard in Southwest Memphis Thursday afternoon, April 16, 2008.

His non-custodial father, Mareo Bradshaw Echols, who is accused of taking him is still at large. Police say he violated the Order of Protection issued against him and a warrant remains out for his arrest.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news...8y8Bu0XPw.cspx