Identified! OK - Clinton, WhtFem 16-50, UP4909, creek under bridge, COLOR-LITE H32 & Ford keys, clothes, Jun'82 - Carol Sue Snyder

jules19osu

Reaction score
I would love your opinions, since you guys are great! :)

I came across this 1156DFTX - Carol Sue Snyder as a possible match for 895UFOK <modnote: fixed broken link>

I know the height and weight are off, but the Doe Network says the UID was obese. Does anyone consider someone who is 5' 8'' and 160lbs to be obese? That is semi-close to my height and weight and while I could certainly stand to lose a few pounds, I don't consider myself obese :). Not only that but identifyus.org describes her as "markedly obese". Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I already submitted to the ME on the UID since Carol's profile says she may have gone to Cordell, OK which is 15 minutes from where this UID was found and just 6 days apart from her missing date. She responded and said that to her knowledge these two had not been compared.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, just curious what you guys think about the obese thing and the heights and weights?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you, I wouldn't consider someone 5'8" and 160 lbs to be obese.

At 5'1" the person most likely would fall into the obese category.
I think something must be off with the Jane Does' height and weight.

This is definitely a match worth submission and consideration.

5'8" and 163 is a BMI of 24.9 which is slightly heavy but within the normal range, not even overweight let alone obese. Even at 5'1", 163 is just barely obese (BMI of 30.8).

Clinton OK and Cordell OK are only 16 miles apart and the estimated date of death is two days after Snyder went missing.

I agree that the height would normally make this a rule out but everything else fits spectacularly well.

5'8" and in the 160s is definitely not obese, though the size 38D bra suggests a larger torso size (the 38" is the diameter of the torso, D is the actual cup size.) However, many women are wearing the wrong size bra and a woman who wears a 34" or 36" band will mistakenly go up a band size when she should be going up a cup size. (Just putting my prior lingerie retail experience to good use!)

I feel this is worth submitting. The height on Jane Doe could be incorrect but everything else matches and LE may have post-mortem photos that could at least give them a better idea of whether this is a match.

Since the body was found in water, in Summertime, the bloating may have contributed to the appearance of "markedly" obese, don't y'all think? I know the ME probably took that into account, but, maybe not!!! Could she have just been big-boned? That will make a person weigh more, too!
By my standards, 163 pounds is not obese, by any stretch of my imagination, not even if they're 4'5", LOL!! Sometimes the missing persons height and weight are estimated by a family member and not an exact and that could be wrong, Especially if the missing persons DL wasn't checked or the person didn't have one to go by......
I think this is as close a match there is, especially with no reconstruction sketch! Glad you submitted these two!!
Oh! I googled Color-Lite H32, here's what came up.. http://www.colorlites.com/ I wonder if Ms. Snyder was employed at a glass manufacturing business or someone in her family was???? Like Tiffanys, cola bottles, etc. Or she may have had a hobby craft?
Here's a photo of Ms. Snyder!

Attachments

• CarolSSnyder missing 6-16-82 TX.jpg
    CarolSSnyder missing 6-16-82 TX.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 41
Just wanted to bump this up. I have checked in with ME for an update a couple times, with no response. :-(

three rule outs now, but not Carol Snyder:

Elizabeth Theresa "Terri" Bishop 1961 Texas
Dorothy Jean Howard 1960 Oklahoma
Nelda Pinckney Unknown Oklahoma

Has anyone heard anything about this possible match? This has to be a strong possibility given the dates and the locations. I would be happy to submit again if is hasn't been sent since 2009.

I think if this much time has gone by it should be submitted again if they haven't responded and its not listed as a rule out. I think it does sound like a stong possibility.

I just submitted this again to the person listed on the NamUS profile. Hopefully we get an answer in the near future.

I just got a response on this case:

Dear Cheri-
Thank you so much for sending me this comparison and outlining the
reason for the match - that is so helpful!!

Unfortunately, not much information was recorded on the unidentified in
1982. At this point, I have no dental, DNA or fingerprints available for
comparison. I hope that an exhumation will occur in the future, so we
can at least have a DNA specimen.

It also appears that very little information exist on Ms Snyder, no DNA,
fingerprints or dental either. I will contact the case manager to see
if other information exists on her file.

I will keep you posted if any comparison can be done-
Thanks again for your help,
Angela

Angela Berg, M.A.
Anthropologist/Unidentified case management
OCME-Oklahoma

I am so thankful that she responded. It sounds like she plans to attempt to get additional info. I will let you know if she sends any additional info in the future.

So, they added fingerprint info for this Jane Doe.

The rule out list is still these three people:

three rule outs now, but not Carol Snyder:

Elizabeth Theresa "Terri" Bishop 1961 Texas
Dorothy Jean Howard 1960 Oklahoma
Nelda Pinckney Unknown Oklahoma

I looked into a couple of the items found on the UID.
  1. The car key with label "Color-Lite H32" is probably the key to a trunk/glove box in the Ford, which she also had the key to. I couldn't find the exact models/years that Ford used these keys, but a blank set is currently for sale on eBay. Seems like Ford began using these keys around 1965, and stopped in the 1990s.
  2. The UID was found with white Montgomery Ward panties. At the time, Montgomery Ward had a mail-order service and catalog stores. There were only 3 catalog stores in Oklahoma: Guymon, Stillwater, and Muskogee. None of these locations make geographical sense for a resident of Clinton, OK to visit. All would require traveling through Tulsa and/or Oklahoma City, the bigger commercial hubs in the state. There was a retail location in Ft. Worth, TX, which is near Richardson, TX, where Carol Snyder was from.
This is my first time posting on this website, so I'm happy to take any feedback :)

Screenshot 2021-03-07 212938.jpg

The remains of a white female were found in Clinton on June 22, 1982. The body was found in a creek under a bridge near Highway 183. She likely stood at 5 feet 8 inches, and was between the ages of 16 and 50. Authorities believe she was in the creek about two weeks before she was found. She had medium length brown hair.
NamUs #UP4909

The NamUs page for this lady was removed in the past hour or so. Hoping the resolved cases for OK will go up at the next update (it's 168 currently).

ETA the resolved cases did go up by one case. Hopefully there will be an announcement made soon.

Last edited:
Has been identified as missing person 1156DFTX - Carol Sue Snyder according to TheDoeNetwork, Sep 5 2023.
ID.PNG
895UFOK (3597UMFL in the text above is just a typo)

carol_sue_snyder_1.jpg

Has been identified as missing person 1156DFTX - Carol Sue Snyder according to TheDoeNetwork, Sep 5 2023.
View attachment 445053
895UFOK (3597UMFL in the text above is just a typo)

View attachment 445070
Fantastic news! I was wondering why her NAMUS was being updated so often - I guess that explains it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back