Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Melissa Huckaby.. Death Penalty??

I am a newbie starting a new thread. Sorry if I did this wrong!

reference to the state of California's Death Penalty...

http://cbs5.com/deathrow/death.row.c....2.760653.html

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snapdragon For This Useful Post:

It appears fine to me!

I believe the charges when proven are sufficient to receive the DP in this case. The crimes are heinous and the punishment should be to the fullest extent the law will allow.

Now, ask me if I think she will ever receive the DP...

Probably not. I would say LWOP is the best we can really hope for at the end of this.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I'm with you, SS. If convicted, she'll get LWOP. There will be established circumstances wrt mental illness that will mitigate any death penalty. I doubt they even go after it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tapu For This Useful Post:

I am for the death penalty, like me or not..........some people can NEVER be in society again.........this is one.
    MH is as sane as us, she knew right from wrong...........
    I am sick of housing monsters like Scott P, KC, OJ, Manson for all their lives while we build more and bigger prisons to give them private rooms! IMO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Even if she gets DP and never is executed, being on death row, she is banned from conjugal visits. That alone is reason to seek DP. There are more restrictions as well, but I am not sure what they are...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snapdragon For This Useful Post:

Hm...in actual practice, LWOP might as well be a death sentence. To help things along, we could hire the correctional officers who were "in the bathroom" on the day Jeffrey Dahmer was killed.

Okay, so they've retired. We could hire them to upgrade the skills of Sandra's murderer's guards. Bet it would be a lot cheaper.
    Last edited by lngrid; 04-19-2009 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Typos, typos, typos.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lngrid For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by lngrid View Post
    Hm...in actual practice, LWOP might as well be a death sentence. To help things along, we could hire the correctional officers who were "in the bathroom" on the day Jeffrey Dahmer was killed.

Okay, so they've retired. We could hire them to upgrade the skills of Sandra's murderer's guards. Bet it would be a lot cheaper.

OT- but do you know they retired? I went to HS with one (but don't remember him, just the name ) and he graduated in the 80's. Maybe they've put in their 20 years to be vested....

For some reason I'm not seeing that the DP will be put on the table. Not that I don't think she deserves it, I'm just not seeing it. I see LWOP possibly. Just my humble opinion and my two cents.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

It's too late for that woman to get help, be rehabilitated and be put back into society. It should have happened a long time ago. I think she should have been paid more attention when she was growing up, but as she wasn't, she's an adult, she should have sought help for herself when she realized she needed it. Lots of people have done it and overcome whatever it was that messed them up. She herself could have put a stop to that and sought help. She's not a victim. She's not a child anymore. She's responsible for her own actions now. And should face the consequences, whatever they may be.
    I think death sentence will be spending too much money.
    But at the end of the day it's up to the jury and judge.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mayfairlight For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mayfairlight View Post
    It's too late for that woman to get help, be rehabilitated and be put back into society. It should have happened a long time ago. I think she should have been paid more attention when she was growing up, but as she wasn't, she's an adult, she should have sought help for herself when she realized she needed it. Lots of people have done it and overcome whatever it was that messed them up. She herself could have put a stop to that and sought help. She's not a victim. She's not a child anymore. She's responsible for her own actions now. And should face the consequences, whatever they may be.
    I think death sentence will be spending too much money.
    But at the end of the day it's up to the jury and judge.
    Well said myfairlight. A quote comes to mind:

"When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things." I Cor. xiii. 11.

Many of us are victims during childhood, but once we become adults we can look back and see the injustice and harm done to us and choose not to perpetuate the hurt, harm and despair of heart and soul that comes with that abuse in childhood. We chose to instead to protect, comfort and love.

If she was abused as a child, she chose to hurt and to harm. It was not out of her control.

Just my two cents for today.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

DP is very rarely executed(pun intended) here in CA.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Schmerty_Jones is offline ________________ Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    DP is very rarely executed(pun intended) here in CA.
    That is true. Many debate the cost of prosecuting for the death penalty & carrying it out versus the cost of LWOP. Frankly the people who can never be returned to society should be removed permanently by death.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schmerty_Jones For This Useful Post:

Question

Why do we try people for murder and give them the death penalty....but keep them on suicide watch in the meantime? (Thinking it is a waste. A huge waste. hehehe)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Schmerty_Jones View Post
    That is true. Many debate the cost of prosecuting for the death penalty & carrying it out versus the cost of LWOP. Frankly the people who can never be returned to society should be removed permanently by death.
    Hi Schmert.I have to preface this with the fact that I am opposed to the DP in general.
    I understand why people think the DP is fitting in many cases, but the fact is a possible DP sentence will effectively be LWOP here in CA because our DP program is badly broken, expensive and inefficient.
    We are in an extreme financial crisis here in CA and to waste extraordinary amounts of money on something that will most likely never come to pass doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
    Even if she gets DP and never is executed, being on death row, she is banned from conjugal visits. That alone is reason to seek DP. There are more restrictions as well, but I am not sure what they are...

. . . recreation for 1 hour a day in a cage, for starters . . .

PS: I think those in San Quentin's DR are allowed CV's. Hmmm, I better
    Google that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast