Why did Lee flip-flop?

Why did Lee flip-flop?

• Because family loyalty set in, overshadowing all else.

Votes: 166 48.4%
  • Because he sincerely believes Casey now.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Because he needs to cover his own tracks for some reason.

Votes: 122 35.6%
  • Other

Votes: 54 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

natsound

Reaction score
Back in July/August, Lee tells Annie Downing not to lie for Casey, she's done bad things. During deposition Lee takes a completely different tone, saying he believes everything his sister says and making excuses for her. Why the flip-flop?

I think Cindy got wind of (read on line, heard about) what he had been saying to LE and others and told him "You are either with us or against us, and the family position will be that we believe your sister in all that she says. Period. "

End of being truthful,candid, or helpful to LE for Lee.

I voted other because I'm not convinced LA ever flip-flopped. While he did say KC lied and did bad things, that was the same thing the rest of the family said in the beginning. I don't know that he ever truly believed anything other than what she told him. He was the one who as soon as he found out Caylee had been "taken" by the nanny started his own investigation into finding her. I've always gotten a weird vibe from him and all that "CMA" stuff at the memorial just exacerbated that feeling. It's almost like he idolizes KC and in spite of everything that hasn't changed.

I voted other because I'm not convinced LA ever flip-flopped. While he did say KC lied and did bad things, that was the same thing the rest of the family said in the beginning. I don't know that he ever truly believed anything other than what she told him. He was the one who as soon as he found out Caylee had been "taken" by the nanny started his own investigation into finding her. I've always gotten a weird vibe from him and all that "CMA" stuff at the memorial just exacerbated that feeling. It's almost like he idolizes KC and in spite of everything that hasn't changed.

Actually Lee said to Annie "don't lie for her". So in that vein he did flip-flop, because he's willing to lie for her now..

Has he lied for her? Or is he convinced there has to be some other answer other than his sister killed his niece? I think he dove into the search for the truth, believing it would help find Caylee - and exhonerate his sister. When things got murky, he probably couldn't wrap his mind around the facts rising to the surface. He loves his sister, so is going with "his" gut -- that someone he loves is not capable of such a thing. I voted other - because I think the "whys" of the family are too complicated for someone on the outside to fathom.

Because Mommy told him to. Same as for George. I truly believe that if Cindy was not Commander in Chief, that George would have spilled the whole story as he knows it to be way before now.

perhaps he got afraid of the "force" and his lite saber was in the shop?????????????:crazy:

----
He plainly made statements that she was a liar in the beginning and now he "believes" whatever his sister tells him. That appears to me to be an absolute "flip-flop".

I think Cindy got wind of (read on line, heard about) what he had been saying to LE and others and told him "You are either with us or against us, and the family position will be that we believe your sister in all that she says. Period. "

End of being truthful,candid, or helpful to LE for Lee.

-----
I agree with you AlwaysShocked, I think that the time period that we did not see Lee, that Cindy had given him a "timeout" to either get with the program or be shunned from the family. She probably threatened to disown him for his indiscretions. He finally decided to join the program and now he is fully programmed to do his part.:bang:

i think the anthony's looked back at their talks with LE and realized they need to stop giving conflicting stories, they needed to support KC instead of 'throwing her under the bus'

Back in July/August, Lee tells Annie Downing not to lie for Casey, she's done bad things. During deposition Lee takes a completely different tone, saying he believes everything his sister says and making excuses for her. Why the flip-flop?

I think that I am gittin the hang of the A's speech thang. In a backwards sort of way. Did LA say, "I beleive e-thang my sister says" or did he say, "I beleive e-thang my sister tells me"? There is a difference. Seems like he said the latter.

Lee's comment to Annie about not lying for Casey wasn't a flipflop. The more truth Annie tells, the easier it is for the Anthony's to implicate her. Because, I believe Annie knows a snotload of stuff she has not revealed for fear of accessory charges being lobbed at her. Do I think she overtly helped Casey kill Caylee? No way. But do I think that Annie is the source for the Zanny business, the drugs, the whathaveyous? Yes. Annie's lies are to protect Annie, and in protecting Annie, will offer some protectioin for Casey. If she reveals those lies, she'll implicate herself and they can say "Annie did it!!"

I chose other. I don’t think anything this family does will fit into any of our multiple choice answers, ever. In a typical family I would guess that Lee, reacting to his father’s suicide attempt, thought he’d better not verbalize his thoughts about KC’s involvement in her child’s death. Or, possibly, when Lee made those statements about KC, he didn’t think they would become public knowledge, and now with cameras glaring, he has to clam up or risk the wrath of a volatile George and Cindy. But, since this is no typical family, my guess is that his responses were his way of giving the ZG attorney the finger.

I voted other.

On July 15-16 and during the first few weeks, I think Lee and the Anthony's had some hope for Caylee. I believe all of Casey's family would have thrown Casey under the bus to get Caylee back.

But that changed.

One thing I think LP was right about was that there was a difference in the family mood after the preliminary forensics came back. After hope for Caylee was lost, the Anthony family circled the wagons to protect the only "girl" Cindy has left.

I think some of George's and Lee's flip-flops are to protect Casey because they love her. But, I also think they are also protecting Cindy from further losing it (because they love Cindy). I think they are doing what they are doing to protect the fragile part of Cindy they see as wounded and going down.

Not saying Cindy is or isn't manipulating. Just saying I see males protecting their women.

JMO

I think it has more to do with the fact that this is for a civil deposition - I don't think Lee cares at all about ZFG or Morgan, or what happens to either of them.

I've yet to see LA say anything contradictory to LE, and he seemed pretty honest and open with them. I just think here he feels guilty enough that he might end up convicting his sister, and doesn't want to do any more than he "has" to.

Also any judgment in the ZFG case is going to come out of GA/CA's pocket. I'm sure Lee doesn't want to openly help a fame-seeker rob his parents. (No I'm not sympathetic to ZFG, if she kept her face out of the media she wouldn't have had these problems)

I've always felt sorry for Lee, regardless of any flip-flopping he may have done. There's a big difference between giving false information to LE (which I don't think he's done) and making statements that are supportive of his family, even Casey.

I honestly don't believe he knows that much and wholeheartedly feel he didn't have anything to do with Caylee's demise or any cover up.

Here he is starting a new family (btw, do we know if his baby has been born?) and his spoiled little sister comes along and pulls the whole family into this mess. Now with the latest DP development he's even being put in a worse place.

If Casey were only to get LWOP or less, Lee would probably have some normalcy restored to his life in a few years after she's been sentenced and the family has adjusted to their "gorgeous daughter" being behind bars but if she does get the DP with the appeals processes and all that comes along with it, his life will be up in the air (as far as his parents' well-being) for decades.

I hope the A's have enough decency as his parents to afford him the luxury of testifying freely and truthfully without fear of facing their wrath if the outcome is negative UNLIKE what seems to be happening to GA.

I think it has more to do with the fact that this is for a civil deposition - I don't think Lee cares at all about ZFG or Morgan, or what happens to either of them.

I've yet to see LA say anything contradictory to LE, and he seemed pretty honest and open with them. I just think here he feels guilty enough that he might end up convicting his sister, and doesn't want to do any more than he "has" to.

Also any judgment in the ZFG case is going to come out of GA/CA's pocket. I'm sure Lee doesn't want to openly help a fame-seeker rob his parents. (No I'm not sympathetic to ZFG, if she kept her face out of the media she wouldn't have had these problems)

Are George & Cindy named in the civil suit? If not, how will this come out of their pocket? If you mean indirectly, that it will be taken from Casey's defense fund and then will have to be replenished by G & C, I think the price tag on that defense will be so high that it won't make much of a difference in the big picture.

I see what you're saying. I'd believe it if Lee was showing ANY signs of non-support for Casey. I also got the feeling that the A's didn't care about lying under oath to Morgan. If Lee directly contradicts himself in the criminal trial, though, I'll be surprised.But I guess we have a looooong time to wait for that.

I've always felt sorry for Lee, regardless of any flip-flopping he may have done. There's a big difference between giving false information to LE (which I don't think he's done) and making statements that are supportive of his family, even Casey.

I honestly don't believe he knows that much and wholeheartedly feel he didn't have anything to do with Caylee's demise or any cover up.

Here he is starting a new family (btw, do we know if his baby has been born?) and his spoiled little sister comes along and pulls the whole family into this mess. Now with the latest DP development he's even being put in a worse place.

If Casey were only to get LWOP or less, Lee would probably have some normalcy restored to his life in a few years after she's been sentenced and the family has adjusted to their "gorgeous daughter" being behind bars but if she does get the DP with the appeals processes and all that comes along with it, his life will be up in the air (as far as his parents' well-being) for decades.

I hope the A's have enough decency as his parents to afford him the luxury of testifying freely and truthfully without fear of facing their wrath if the outcome is negative UNLIKE what seems to be happening to GA.

white, I had respect for Lee until his deposition. He sounded just like Casey... saying completely unbelievable things like they were believable. Remember he said someone got into Casey's computer and changed her password, and directed her to meet them here, there, Target, etc. for no good reason? He believed the Blanchard Park story, even though he was also fed a Sawgrass story? I was embarrassed for him just watching him.

I do not for one minute believe LA thinks his sister has been truthful, he didn't believe her before and he doesn't believe her now, but... as any sibling would, he does genuinely care for her and not want to see his sister spend her life in prison or face the dp. I think both LA and his parents know without a doubt KC is a liar and solely resposible for Caylee's death. They have opted to remain loyal and supportive to her as many people (not me) would. We may never know how any of them truly feels about her guilt but I would be willing to bet that all of their depos are solely to aid KC's defense (they think) and avoid the dp. I just hope they realize that if KC is found innocent she is going to have to live somewhere and I for one would not want her living under my roof or in my neighborhood. LA, CA, and GA should be careful what they wish for......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back