IDI or RDI, Take the bogus ranson note challenge!

voynich

Former Member
Reaction score
Would you like the bogus RN challenge? Write an bogus RN 400 words long, with the bogus L&L as the basic structure, warnings, order of ideas, in under an hour, with copious quotes from well known movies,
That's what PR, JR or IDI had to do.

It needs to be addressed to John, request $118k, specify how, denominations, delivery, etc., it must mislead the investigators about the true motive, contain warnings, and contain quotes from famous movies.

Dear Sir:
As you no doubt know by this time, your son has been kidnapped. Allow us to assure you that he is at present well and safe. You need fear no physical harm for him, provided you line up carefully to the following instructions and to such others as you will receive by furture comminications. Should you, however, disobey any of our instructions, even slightly, his death will be the penalty.
1. For obvious reasons make absolutely no attempt to communicate with either police authorities or any private agency. Should you already have communicated with the police, allow them to continue their investigations, but do not mention this letter.
2. Secure before noon today $10,000. this money must be composed entirely of old bills of the following denominations: $2000 in $20 bills, $8000 in $50 bills. the money must be old. Any attempt to include new or marked bills will render the entire venture futile.
3. The money should be place in a large cigar box, or if this is impossible, in a heavy cardboard box, securely closed and wrapped in white paper. The wrapping paper should be sealed at all openings with sealing wax.
4. Have the money with you, prepared as directed above, and remain at home after one o'clock. See that the telephone is not in use.
You will receive a further communication instructing you as to your final course.
As a final word of warning, this is an extremely commercial proposition and we are prepared to put our threat into execution should we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have committed an infraction of the above instructions.
However, should you carefully follow out our instructions to the letter, we can assure you that you son will be safely returned to you within six hours of our receipt of the money.

Yours truly,
George Johnson

Feel free to share your creation here what you learned about JB case from your effort.

I will take your word for it that the RN was 400 words long. Nowhere in history...other than the JB case...has anyone written a RN that long....(almost three pages long). It was a ransom note, not a letter to a long lost relative.

I will take your word for it that the RN was 400 words long. Nowhere in history...other than the JB case...has anyone written a RN that long....(almost three pages long). It was a ransom note, not a letter to a long lost relative.

I cut and pasted to M$ Word, then used word count. It's 377 words, with SBTC as one word. The L&L is 310.

Speaking for myself, I could write somewhat similar bogus note filled with SW references that SD would easily identify.

i.e "Don't underestimate us John" v.s "You underestimate my power, John."

"You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter if you try to out smart us"

"Don't make me destroy her."

"At this time we have your daughter in our posession [sic]."

"We do not want our prized possession damaged."

"Your have not been told what happened to your daughter. I have your daughter. You're thinking, "that's not true, that's impossible?" Search your premises, you will know this to be true."

There are several other movies I am a huge fan of, that have quotes that are also useful.

"We are a small foreign faction. Resistance is futile. You will be in denial. Your daughter dies. She's dead, John."

I would be hesitant to do this in real life, for the obvious reason that everyone in my personal life not only knows I am a SW fanatic, but I often will talk and slip in references and direct quotes, and were I to write such a SW-filled note, LE would quickly link it to me. But then again, as Mr. Spock would say, it would only be logical. Do PR's/JR's circle know them walking around quoting Ransom and Dirty Harry on a dime? Personally I don't know the answer to this question.

I cut and pasted to M$ Word, then used word count. It's 377 words, with SBTC as one word. The L&L is 310.

Speaking for myself, I could write somewhat similar bogus note filled with SW references that SD would easily identify.

"The emperor does not want his prized possession damaged"

"Your have not been told what happened to your daughter. I have your daughter. Search your premises, you will know this to be true."

There are several other movies I am a huge fan of, that have quotes that are also useful.

"We are a small foreign faction. Resistance is futile. You will be in denial. Your daughter dies. She's dead, John."

I would be hesitant to do this in real life, for the obvious reason that everyone in my personal life not only knows I am a SW fanatic, but I often will talk and slip in references and direct quotes, and were I to write such a SW-filled note, LE would quickly link it to me. But then again, as Mr. Spock would say, it would only be logical. Do PR's/JR's circle know them walking around quoting Ransom and Dirty Harry on a dime? Personally I don't know the answer to this question.

I don't know the answer to that question either. I just know that they watched alot of rented movies. I only recall a few lines in the Ramsey RN that sounded like they may have came from a movie. For example.."Don't try to grow a brain, John". IMO...they didn't really have to walk around spouting off lines from movies, to have inserted a few movie lines into the RN, to make it sound for real. I can quote lines from movies too....but, that doesn't mean that I walk around quoting them to my friends. But, if I had to pull them out of my hat...in an emergency, like say for example...while I was writing a bogus RN, and needed it to sound for real...then I could.

Very smart of you to cut and paste the RN onto Word, and do a word count. Good job!

This is a very neat.But why under an hour,cause IDI or RDI could had alot longer that is the main question cause alot of people when it comes to the IDI he or she snuck in and waited and RDI had some time before the 911 call.

what about a real note challenge...make it as short as possible.after all,a real one doesn't need to explain anything,like the R's did.

GOT YOUR KID.1 MILL GETS HER BACK.WILL CALL.

done.
that could even be cut n pasted w very little trouble.but then again,there was that need to explain..

I wrote the whole thing out using synonyms one time,just to see if I could gain any insight into it,other than the obvious.I put in 'big kitty' for fat cat...etc...it was hilarious!

This is a very neat.But why under an hour,cause IDI or RDI could had alot longer that is the main question cause alot of people when it comes to the IDI he or she snuck in and waited and RDI had some time before the 911 call.

Hi Ames and Ravyn,

You know, when I post on linguistic analysis I had no idea where the discussion turn to. Anyhow, according to your pet theory, RDI, IDI, how much time did RDI or IDI spend on the note, and that's the time you alot yourself. Doesn't have to be Star Wars though ;) If you ask me to do this quoting from Sex and the City, Pretty Woman, Titanic, I would struggle. "You jump I jump, John."

From an IDI perspective, an IDI could have practice rehearse the notes months leading up to that night, including attempting to write like PR, and rehearsed is his own imagination and in his house, with perhaps a life size doll, on how to stage the crime scene so as to convince the Jedi it was an inside job using Jedi mind games.

Not something I would do but then again this is not logical.

I wrote the whole thing out using synonyms one time,just to see if I could gain any insight into it,other than the obvious.I put in 'big kitty' for fat cat...etc...it was hilarious!

Hey could you share?

"You are not the only big kitty around so don't think that killing will be difficult."

"We do not want our prized possession damaged."

"Your have not been told what happened to your daughter. I have your daughter. You're thinking, "that's not true, that's impossible?" Search your premises, you will know this to be true."

Hi voynich.

Ausome concept for a thread.
Great effort in your 'rn'.
Ty. That's very interesting. I had been thinking along similar lines ... how long would it take me to add french 'concepts' images references to three paragraphs written in English, prolly not long if pressed.

Do PR's/JR's circle know them walking around quoting Ransom and Dirty Harry on a dime? Personally I don't know the answer to this question.

iirc The movie references are not exact quotes.

voynich,I will if I can find a copy of it.I think I saved it,but I'm not sure.

From an IDI perspective, an IDI could have practice rehearse the notes months leading up to that night, including attempting to write like PR, and rehearsed is his own imagination and in his house, with perhaps a life size doll, on how to stage the crime scene so as to convince the Jedi it was an inside job using Jedi mind games.

YEESH!

Not something I would do but then again this is not logical.

Voynich, you just seized upon the main problem with this case: trying to make sense of the senseless. Personally, when a child is murdered, NO explanation ever makes sense to me.

And the day it DOES, I will pray for death!

Hi Ames and Ravyn,

You know, when I post on linguistic analysis I had no idea where the discussion turn to. Anyhow, according to your pet theory, RDI, IDI, how much time did RDI or IDI spend on the note, and that's the time you alot yourself. Doesn't have to be Star Wars though ;) If you ask me to do this quoting from Sex and the City, Pretty Woman, Titanic, I would struggle. "You jump I jump, John."
[SNIP]

:biglaugh: That's funny...

Mr. Ramsey,

Listen to me very carefully. We have kidnapped your daughter, She is safe and unharmed and if you want her to see 1997, you must line up carefully to our instructions. Should you, however, disobey any of our instructions, even slightly, his death will be the penalty.

For obvious reasons make absolutely no attempt to communicate with either police authorities or any private agency. Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as Police, F.B.I., etc., will result in your daughter being beheaded. The two gentlemen watching over your daughter do not particularly like you so I advise you not to provoke them. I've told that I'm sure Mr. Ramsey does not want to see his prized possession damaged.

You will withdraw $118,000.00 from your account. $100,000 will be in $100 bills and the remaining $18,000 in $20 bills. T Make sure that you bring an adequate size attache to the bank. When you get home you will put the money in a brown paper bag. I will call you between 8 and 10 am tomorrow to instruct you on delivery. The delivery will be exhausting so I advise you to be rested. If we monitor you getting the money early, we might call you early to arrange and earlier delivery of the money and hence a [sic] earlier delivery pick-up of your daughter. You will receive a further communication instructing you as to your final course.

As a final word of warning, this is an extremely commercial proposition and we are prepared to put our threat into execution should we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have committed an infraction of the above instructions.

For obvious reasons make absolutely no attempt to communicate with either police authorities or any private agency. Should you already have communicated with the police, allow them to continue their investigations, but do not mention this letter. Speaking to anyone about your situation, such as Police, F.B.I., etc., will result in your daughter being beheaded. . If we catch you talking to a stray dog, she dies. If you alert bank authorities, she dies. If the money is in any way marked or tampered with, she dies. You will be scanned for electronic devices and if any are found, she dies. You can try to deceive us but be warned that we are familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics.

You can try to deceive us but be warned that we are familiar with law enforcement countermeasures and tactics. You stand a 99% chance of killing your daughter if you try to out smart [sic] us. Follow our instructions and you stand a 100% chance of getting her back. You and your family are under constant scrutiny as well as the authorities. Don't try to grow a brain John. You are not the only fat cat around so don't think that killing will be difficult. Don't underestimate us John. Use that good southern common sense of yours. Don't make me destroy her.

However, should you carefully follow out our instructions to the letter, we can assure you that you son will be safely returned to you within six hours of our receipt of the money.

Merry Chrismas and happy new year!

V

This may not be the right thread to post these thoughts, but, speaking of the Ransom Note, and the fact that John and Patsey DID NOT follow it to letter (to prevent their daughter's beheading) by calling LE and all their neighborhood friends IMMEDIATLY, anyway...the RUSH to call peeps reminds me of the recent St. Louis area case where Daddy killed Mommy and children, then went to the gym in the early am, and then, in a seemingly apparent RUSH to judgement that "something was wrong" he called LE to do a welfare check on his family.

This may not be the right thread to post these thoughts, but, speaking of the Ransom Note, and the fact that John and Patsey DID NOT follow it to letter (to prevent their daughter's beheading) by calling LE and all their neighborhood friends IMMEDIATLY, anyway...the RUSH to call peeps reminds me of the recent St. Louis area case where Daddy killed Mommy and children, then went to the gym in the early am, and then, in a seemingly apparent RUSH to judgement that "something was wrong" he called LE to do a welfare check on his family.

Yes, I recall that case. As it turned out- he was arrested for the murders. "Something was wrong" alright. HE was what was wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back