GUILTY IL - Halli Burton, 18 mos, beaten to death, Elwood, 15 April 2009

*~Aimee~*

A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes
Reaction score
http://www.myjournalcourier.com/news/death_22140___article.html/county_white.html?orderby=TimeStampDescending&showRecommendedOnly=0&oncommentsPage=4#slComments

Halli Burton killed in Joliet by man the mother reportedly met over the Internet.

A Joliet-area man has been charged with first-degree murder in the beating death of an 18-month-old girl from White Hall.

He reportedly met the girl’s mother, Jessi Dunlap, on the Internet, and she and her daughter moved in with him Monday.

Elwood Police Chief David Albert and other Will County law enforcement agencies announced, in a press release Friday afternoon, first-degree murder charge against Lee K. Ponshe, 25, of the 500 block of Beattie Street, Elwood.

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/county_25825___article.html/elwood_white.html

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/articles/2009/04/17/police_report/267aawillchildmurdered.txt

http://www.wbbm780.com/Internet-boyfriend-accused-of-beating-baby-to-deat/4223880

(This just says how dangerous it is to meet some online)

What the H*LL is wrong with people? Met and moved in with him immediately? That poor little baby...

poor little angel .. another little light extinguished before her time ..

She should be charged for child endangerment and a few other things I can think of. Can they charge a mother for stupidity?!

she should be charged with murder also. She did not protect her child there's no way she didn't realize what was going on.

I'm sick of seeing these cases. If I ever get divorced (which I hope not) I will never date my kids are out of my home due to reading these cases. Truly sad.

NUTTS! Plain crazy....met a guy and just move in................excuse me, no morals at all.
No caring about the child!
Just another woman crazy to have a man at any costs...........

she should be charged with murder also. She did not protect her child there's no way she didn't realize what was going on.

I'm sick of seeing these cases. If I ever get divorced (which I hope not) I will never date my kids are out of my home due to reading these cases. Truly sad.

I have felt the same way. Too many times we see children harmed at the hands of a boyfriend/new husband. Heaven forbid anything happen to my DH or our marriage, but should it, I will not involve another male in their lives. It's too scary out there.

I have shed so many tears this week for the untimely deaths (murders or suicides) or our precious children. I pray their little souls rest in peace and we find ways to rescue as many as we can. God bless and protect our children.

These poor little innocent children.This has been a bad week to be a child.I
have heard of people finding true love on the Internet but maybe it would be prudent to do a background check before moving in with someone.It would seem to me that my child's safety would be priority one.Being Internet savvy and internet stupid should not go hand in hand .:bang:

These poor little innocent children.This has been a bad week to be a child.I
have heard of people finding true love on the Internet but maybe it would be prudent to do a background check before moving in with someone.It would seem to me that my child's safety would be priority one.Being Internet savvy and internet stupid should not go hand in hand .:bang:

It would be a good idea to get to know the person before moving in with them. I didn't read the article but was there a problem with the mother (and I use the term loosely) and child's living situation? Were they about to be homeless? Either way, this woman did nothing to protect her child and they both should be punished.

A child's safety should always be priority number one!

It would be a good idea to get to know the person before moving in with them. I didn't read the article but was there a problem with the mother (and I use the term loosely) and child's living situation? Were they about to be homeless? Either way, this woman did nothing to protect her child and they both should be punished.

A child's safety should always be priority number one!

From what I read the mother is a RN. Also this happened I think Tuesday (from reading all the comments under the articles I have read) and she did not notice Halli was hurt??? :bang:

ETA: I just looked at "Dunlap" for RN and several are inactive or not renewed. Except for one that has FL?? (which probably means they live in FL and using their IL license to work - so not her?) Same for LPN (was thinking maybe she was a LPN and people in the comment section were wrong about being a RN). I looked at CNA and there is 2 Jessica Dunlaps there. So whichever she is......sounds like she was in medical field somewhat??

I don't see anything wrong with getting to know someone before you make a commitment such as moving in together. If you date for a year or so you get to witness every mood that person has and to see how they are with your children. Why the rush to move in together...although it happens all of the time.

I have an aunt, a daughter, and a granddaughter who just can't be without a man in their lives. They go from one to the next and it is just crazy. I don't know if it has to do with self esteem or what. They can't stand to be alone.
I've been divorced for years and now at my age I don't want a man because we would just end up taking care of each other in our old age and I don't want to nurse some old guy :eek: It's different if you have been married for ages but I don't want to meet some guy at the age of 65 yrs and end up taking care of him. Selfish...maybe but that is the way I feel. Besides I'm happy with my life the way it is. I have a hard time understanding some of my family. Maybe they don't like to be alone with themselves..lol.

There are a lot of woman just like my family members though. They don't feel fullfilled without a man...maybe something to do with identity. But the ones with little kids should think twice before they jump in with both feet. Take the time to get to know the man. Moving in together can wait. The children should come first for any mother. So many mothers just don't get that.

Very sad, I am wondering where this childs biological father is and wishing that all these senseless deaths would come to an end. Most of these murders seem to happen when the child is in the custody of the bio mom. I am not trying to put down mothers or anything but how about holding the dads accountable for not being in their childs life and keeping them safe too!! Having a child requires a woman and a man....My husband and I have been together for 18 years and I love him dearly but God forbid if something were to ever happen and we were apart from each other....he would die before he allowed his children to be in the same home with someone I just met! And on the internet at that. I will go a step further and say that if my child tried to move in with a man she had just met on the internet with my grandchild there would be hell to pay. I don't care, I have read about and seen two many news reports about dead or abused children to not put up a fuss!

Not to start anything but can we look at this from another perspective too. It says her mother met this man over the internet. I never seen it say anything about how long they had been dating. Obviously there is speculation that it was a very short time but we don't really know at this point, right?
Secondly, I think that meeting someone over the internet is equally safe to meeting someone at the grocery store, a bar, a church, etc. Child killers are known to frequent more than just the internet. Using caution when dating anyone from anywhere is crucial but to blame the mother might be a tad out of line, though we don't really know yet.
If she had met him anywhere else, it seems like it would be less her fault here.

She may have made a very bad judgement call but I just wanted to reiterate that people should be careful meeting someone anywhere. I've met plenty of creeps in real life.

Not to start anything but can we look at this from another perspective too. It says her mother met this man over the internet. I never seen it say anything about how long they had been dating. Obviously there is speculation that it was a very short time but we don't really know at this point, right?
Secondly, I think that meeting someone over the internet is equally safe to meeting someone at the grocery store, a bar, a church, etc. Child killers are known to frequent more than just the internet. Using caution when dating anyone from anywhere is crucial but to blame the mother might be a tad out of line, though we don't really know yet.
If she had met him anywhere else, it seems like it would be less her fault here.

She may have made a very bad judgement call but I just wanted to reiterate that people should be careful meeting someone anywhere. I've met plenty of creeps in real life.

I live 27 miles from White Hall...and from what has been said by people that knew her, the mother only met the man on the internet 2 months ago and got engaged right away...The thing that really bothers me is the fact that they moved in with the man on Monday the 15th and by the night of the 17th he had already killed her...I just don't understand people anymore..I am all for finding love but when you have children you also have to be responsible about it and put your children first not your own feelings..

To put it simply - this 'mother' is stupid and selfish. Any woman who mets a man online and then moves his daughter in with him a few days later obviously only has her own interests at heart. Where was she when this man was beating her daughter to death?

I knew a girl yrs ago who was constantly bringing home every man she dated to hang around her child. I just always thought that was trashy and ultimately confusing for the little girl. I would never introduce a new man into my child's life unless I knew there was a committment between us, we were going to be long-term, I had spent enough time with him to trust him and then it would be a gradual process introducing my child to him over time.

Some parents are so irresponsible and selfish -why did you even have kids anyway? You should have to get a license to be a parent.

Very sad, I am wondering where this childs biological father is and wishing that all these senseless deaths would come to an end. Most of these murders seem to happen when the child is in the custody of the bio mom. I am not trying to put down mothers or anything but how about holding the dads accountable for not being in their childs life and keeping them safe too!! Having a child requires a woman and a man....My husband and I have been together for 18 years and I love him dearly but God forbid if something were to ever happen and we were apart from each other....he would die before he allowed his children to be in the same home with someone I just met! And on the internet at that. I will go a step further and say that if my child tried to move in with a man she had just met on the internet with my grandchild there would be hell to pay. I don't care, I have read about and seen two many news reports about dead or abused children to not put up a fuss!

I know a father who tried to keep his child out of a situation where the mom was with a new guy. It's a very long story, but the guy I know was told that legally there was nothing he could do because nothing bad had happened. Finally, after years of fighting for custody, he finally got 50/50. He had saved voicemails messages from the woman, documentation, etc... regarding many different things. It didn't matter. He actually had an attorney tell him that due to the county he lived in, he didn't have much of a chance unless he got married and could find a way to prove the mother was dangerous.

I live 27 miles from White Hall...and from what has been said by people that knew her, the mother only met the man on the internet 2 months ago and got engaged right away...The thing that really bothers me is the fact that they moved in with the man on Monday the 15th and by the night of the 17th he had already killed her...I just don't understand people anymore..I am all for finding love but when you have children you also have to be responsible about it and put your children first not your own feelings..

WoW so you live close to me. :blowkiss: Howdy neighbor.​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back