The Re-Ordered American Girl Doll..

angelwngs

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen the American Girl Doll in any crime scene photographs?

Has anyone ever read any report stating where this doll actually was during the day of December 26th?

To my knowledge, not one person involved with this case has ever produced an actual photograph of JBR's new doll or mentioned this doll in relation to where it was or what it looked like on this day in the Ramsey home. Why?

If the cord and tape from this doll were indeed suspected to be used in JBR's murder and staging of the crime scene, it matters where this doll was and what condition this doll was in on December 26th when JBR was found dead in the basement.

The cording and the tape had to have been retrieved by the killer from where ever the American Girl doll was left by the last person who touched the doll. Where could JBR have put her new doll? Would it have been most likely with the other dolls in her collection or might JBR have left it still under the Christmas tree. What if PR was seriously angry about JBR not liking her new doll? Could she have taken it down to the basement as punishment for JBR's ungratefulness?

The garrote was made using the paintbrush from the paint caddy located in the basement. The cord had to be present to make the garrote. JBR was found in the basement. It would have been easy access to the cord and to the tape if the doll had, earlier, been placed in the basement.

Was the doll sitting, fully dressed among the other dolls in JBR's collection ? If so, how would an intruder have known that the American Girl doll had a cord and tape on the back of the doll under its clothing? If the doll were undressed by JBR and left lying around, an "intruder" could have easily seen this and collected both the cord and the tape, except what does a kidnapper/killer do with an already used piece of tape to insure that he/she can reuse it later that night, without getting fibers, dna or fingerprints or latex particles on the tape? Where does he/she put it until he/she is ready to use it for his/her intended purpose?

The tape was obviously part of the staging, as it, apparently, barley even stuck to JBR's little mouth. It has been suggested that it is possible that the ridge marks thought to be lip marks on the tape over JBR's mouth could have even been indentions from the pieces of cord which the tape was originally holding down on the doll. Why would an intruder/killer use tape to cover an already dead JBR?

Why was the American Girl doll taken from the Boulder home by PR's sister as has been suggested?

If PR and JR are not guilty of this crime, why was the original American Girl Doll not returned to police as possible evidence after Aunt Pam supposedly retrieved it from the Boulder home when it might indeed support the innocence of the Ramseys? Did BPD ever even ask for the return of the doll? Weren't multiple Ramsey items which were reportedly taken from the Boulder home requested to be returned to the BPD and those requests were seriously delayed or were ignored? Why?

Why was a 2nd American Girl Doll reportedly ordered and delivered to Access Graphics in Atlanta in early January of 1997?

Where is JBR's original American Girl doll now?

Was it an American Girl doll? I thought I heard Patsy bought JB a My Twinn doll and JB didn't like it, but after the murder Nedra came and took it.

My Twinn and American Girl are both similar brands and very expensive as I recall, each doll is about $100!

Man, that's a lot of questions! lol! I think I remember reading somewhere, (please oh please don't ask me where!), that Patsy had it sitting in a child size rocking chair in her livingroom. That might be forum myth I don't know. Now that Patsy is deceased I wonder what John is doing with it? I wonder what JR's home is decorated like now, since he can do whatever he wants and Patsy's interior designs were very feminine in nature. As a matter of fact, where is he living now anyway?

Was it an American Girl doll? I thought I heard Patsy bought JB a My Twinn doll and JB didn't like it, but after the murder Nedra came and took it.

My Twinn and American Girl are both similar brands and very expensive as I recall, each doll is about $100!

Thanks, LinasK for asking... I've seen it in print about dozen times on both sides... My Twinn and American Girl. I don't know for sure which it was. Maybe someone else here knows where to find some link to document what kind it was. The brand almost seems interchanegable in many online discussions. Prior to starting this thread, I had called it the My Twin doll and then looking up/googling it, I found more information saying American Girl than My Twinn. Help Somebody out there who knows this answer. I 'dunt'. :confused:

Thanks, LinasK for asking... I've seen it in print about dozen times on both sides... My Twin(n) and American Girl. I don't know for sure which it was. Maybe someone elsle here knows where to find some link to document what kind it was. The brand almost seems interchanegable in many online discussions. Prior to starting this thread, I had called it the My Twin doll and then looking up/googling it, I found more information saying American Girl than My Twin. Help Somebody out there who knows this answer. I 'dunt'. :confused:

Okay, I have catalogs for both sitting on my closet shelf on the off-chance that someday I might have an extra $100 to buy one for my daughter. They are extremely similar, but different brands. With both of them, you can get a doll custom-made to look just like your daughter- you provide the details/photo of the features, i.e. eye color, hair color, style, etc. You can also buy matching outfits for the girl and the doll. American Girl does have a pre-made (not custom) Molly doll and she is a brunette.

Man, that's a lot of questions! lol! I think I remember reading somewhere, (please oh please don't ask me where!), that Patsy had it sitting in a child size rocking chair in her livingroom. That might be forum myth I don't know. Now that Patsy is deceased I wonder what John is doing with it? I wonder what JR's home is decorated like now, since he can do whatever he wants and Patsy's interior designs were very feminine in nature. As a matter of fact, where is he living now anyway?

trixie, i'm sorry. It is a lot of questions, but I really, really do want to know the answers to them...Dagnabit...

Thanks for the information, even if it is net myth it is interesting. Was it in the livingroom in a chair in Boulder on the 26th or in Atlanta after JBR's funeral? If this is in reference where the doll was after JBR' death, when the R's lived in Atlanta, it speaks volumes about PR, IMO.

It has been said that JBR was not fond of it or as excited about it as PR wanted. For PR to give this doll a special place in her home to see every day is a bit odd, but what about PR's behavior wasn't?

She had both. She already had the American Girl doll...and she got the MY TWINN doll, that she hated...for Christmas of 1996

Okay, I have catalogs for both sitting on my closet shelf on the off-chance that someday I might have an extra $100 to buy one for my daughter. They are extremely similar, but different brands. With both of them, you can get a doll custom-made to look just like your daughter- you provide the details/photo of the features, i.e. eye color, hair color, style, etc. You can also buy matching outfits for the girl and the doll. American Girl does have a pre-made (not custom) Molly doll and she is a brunette.

Thanks, LinasK! I knew they were very similar. My cousins bought them for their little girls years ago, but I just can't find any documentation online which confirms which one JBR's actually was.

I will have to see if I can find it mentioned in a news report. In addition to messageboard discussions about the doll that was ordered which arrived at Access Graphics in early January of 1997, after JBR's funeral, wasn't there also an article in a newspaper about this being odd since it appeared to have been ordered and it arrived after she died??? Anyone know??? :confused:

She had both. She already had the American Girl doll...and she got the MY TWINN doll, that she hated...for Christmas of 1996

Thanks for clearing that up Ames!

Thank you Ames! To your knowledge, were the R's ever questioned about this doll by BPD? What about the order and delivery of the second doll? Were the R's ever questioned about it? TIA

trixie, i'm sorry. It is a lot of questions, but I really, really do want to know the answers to them...Dagnabit...

Thanks for the information, even if it is net myth it is interesting. Was it in the livingroom in a chair in Boulder on the 26th or in Atlanta after JBR's funeral? If this is in reference where the doll was after JBR' death, when the R's lived in Atlanta, it speaks volumes about PR, IMO.

It has been said that JBR was not fond of it or as excited about it as PR wanted. For PR to give this doll a special place in her home to see every day is a bit odd, but what about PR's behavior wasn't?

It was after, in Atlanta.

Thank you Ames! To your knowledge, were the R's ever questioned about this doll by BPD? What about the order and delivery of the second doll? Were the R's ever questioned about it? TIA

You're welcome! I cannot remember if they were questioned about the doll, I will go back and look at their interviews. I don't BELIEVE that they were, but I am not 100 percent positive. The order delivery was not mentioned in any of the interviews that I have read online, from either Ramsey. I DID read an article about it though...and I believe that you are correct that it was in a newspaper.

Who Ordered an American Girl Doll, in the Name of JonBenet, on Januay 1st 1997 and had it Delivered to Access Graphics?

You all know the wonderful Jahazafat. Jahazafat, for years, has been screaming into the wind about the dolls, the fibers and the special order in JBR’s name in 1997. In fact Jahazafat has a website with some of the information. http://www.geocities.com/pinker44/
The problem I had with Jahazafat was not her story but how she came about the information. She didn’t have a reason to lie yet there was no source. I didn’t know what to do with her story.

Until now.

First, I want to thank Peggy (Little) for this information. It was posted first on Crime and Justice. I am grateful Peggy brought it to my attention.
http://pub165.ezboard.com/fcrimeandjustice13552frm78
Jahazafat worked for Pleasant Company. She saw the order in JonBenet’s name and where the doll was delivered to. Access Graphics. Jahazafat told me later that the order was paid for with a money order or cashiers check. No credit card trail.
Below is the email I received from Jahazafat concerning the dolls and the tape. Bold is mine.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `
I worked for Pleasant Company, owned by Mattel, which sells American Girl Dolls, from October 1998 to January 2004. I worked at a call center in Wilmot, Wisconsin. I worked as a variable order processor, which means I worked seasonally. The job was taking credit card phone orders for products and putting them into a computer system. It also involved fielding customer service issues and processing requests to mail the catalogue.
I read this in Perfect Murder, Perfect Town the last week of September 1999. "The day before, one of Patsy Ramsey's sisters had gone into the house with police permission and taken out an oil painting, several American Girl dolls, a portfolio of JonBenet's pageant photographs…”. I first thought it a testament to the wonderful products that the dolls were so special to be removed. But when I got to the end of the book there was a list that mentioned the duct tape had to be from ‘outside the house’. I had specific training that if a customer called in and complained about the cord attaching the head to tell them to duct tape it down. It could also be tucked in the clothing or sewn, but never cut, and for safety reasons, never pinned. The duct tape was presented as proof of an intruder but the dolls have a verifiable connection to duct tape and the Ramseys were allowed to remove them from the crime scene.
I did simple experiments with duct tape on a doll. If you tape the string down when you pull the tape off there remains a visible residue and it pulls out the white polyester stuffing, which sticks to the tape and makes it not sticky. Somewhere I read a reference to white fibers on the tape but have never been able to relocate those one or two lines. It’s likely these white fibers were the cause of the Santa Bear fiasco. The duct tape information upset me tremendously. I spoke to my father, an attorney, and he called Hunter’s office. He spoke with Leslie Aaholm. This was literally days before the GJ disbanded. I followed up the phone call with letters to Kane and Owens. From reading about Hunter’s office, he couldn’t be trusted 100% so as supportive back up, I called and wrote Craig Lewis. The GJ made no decision but Owens went on TV a few days later talking about ‘new evidence’ and Henry Lee had come to town. It was encouraging but nothing more happened.
I bought a PC out of frustration early in 2000 to follow the case online. I read more about the evidence and in particular ‘mysterious’ fibers found on the body and clothing. Sometimes they were listed as blue and sometimes they were dark. I looked at a Molly doll in a display case and gathered at her feet were thousands of navy blue wool fibers that had shed from her skirt. As with the duct tape, there was an eerie connection.
In September 1999 a computer search with the Ramsey’s Boulder address revealed a catalogue sent to JonBenet in 1996. A separate search had shown an order for a Samantha doll sent to Patsy in Charlevoix in July 1996. Computer searches are done with zip code and last name. In the spring of 2000 I searched and found an order listed as ordered by and shipped to JonBenet herself on Pearl Street, January 1, 1997. I about fell off my seat. I never saw the paper order, only computer documentation. Mail orders are processed in Middleton, WI for speed in delivery as that is were they are received. It also was years before and paper copies are shredded within two weeks of processing. A search with Nedra’s name and zip showed an order from early September 1996. Nedra’s computer file has the misspelling of Nedba. I could go on with pages of information about the orders and the computer systems but it's very technical.
As with the duct tape information, I wrote letters to Kane, Owens, and Lewis with info about the dark fibers and the doll sent to Access Graphics. I also emailed the Boulder Police department. and Chuck Green. There was never anything other than computer generated receipt confirmations; I think those came from Owens. This was spring 2000. I waited years before I posted much online. I held out hope that it would be investigated. A year or two later Smit came out with information about tan cotton fibers, which only cemented the doll connection, as the torso is tan cotton. This revelation had me again writing and emailing to the same list and then some. I have shared; written, called, or emailed this story to hundreds of people. Anytime the Ramseys appear on TV, I rebut with my story. Anytime I read of another Ramsey lawsuit I contact the defendants. I have not been silent but oddly, I have never been asked a single question either.
About using duct tapes on the dolls, employees don’t all receive the exact same training. Training sessions are small-unscripted affairs. It may have just been an off the cuff remark. I asked a few fellow workers and none related any duct tape training. It is not even a huge issue and in the course of my employment I only received a handful of calls about that cord. My father though did call and after several tries got the recommendation to use duct tape. I know the person I heard it from was trained by Middleton, not Wilmot which may account for the discrepancy.
I never felt comfortable speaking up when I was employed, as it is a sensitive issue. The products are for young girls and association with a crime is less than ideal. I have friends who support families based on the success of the company. But if I look at the larger picture the information needs to be available so other law enforcement agencies can learn from what went so drastically wrong. If it is used to prevent a single crime against a child it’s worth it.
```````````````````````````````````````````
More to come. Very tired.

Thank you Jahazafat for coming forward. You done good woman
smile.gif

Thanks Ames & Tricia...

I was going crazy trying to find that old thread.

Hey, when you guys click on that link....does MY NAME show up at the top right hand corner? After I posted it, and clicked on again to copy Tricia's post, it said..."WELCOME AMES". If it does...then after you guys head over there and read, I am going to delete it from my post...because I don't want people (like IDI's...LOL) going into my profile.

A poster at FFJ stated that 'JBR ended up just like the My Twinn Doll with a rope around her neck...'

Oh my goodness... This is a horrible thought.

JBR hated the new My Twinn doll and PR knew it. This is one of those awfully sick ironic twists that screams there is an answer here...somewhere inside the irony. yuck.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back