GUILTY CO - Abby Toll for taping dog to refrigerator, Boulder, 2009

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.ktla.com/landing_mostint...-Fridge-Cops-Say=1&blockID=269020&feedID=1080

BOULDER, CO. -- Police say a woman wrapped her boyfriend's dog in packing tape and stuck the animal upside down to a refrigerator because he wouldn't get rid of it.

Abby Toll was arrested Tuesday after police say she got into a fight with her boyfriend.

She was charged with felony cruelty, drug possession and other counts and is free on $12,500 bond.

Who wants to meet me in Boulder with some packing tape:rolleyes:

Oh, if only I could. A refrigerator might be too small to hang a person upside down so maybe we should go with a billboard. That way everyone could see what a horrible person she is. JMO

I'm glad the pup is okay.

OMG, I shouldn't have looked at the link. The picture of the dog is the spitting image of my dog, Dax. Poor, poor baby.

I hope Rex and his little buddy find good homes.

Just tell me when and I'll be there with my packing tape. It amazes me how low some people can go. This is disgusting. She needs to get the same treatment in return. Justice for the dog.

Hmmm, I say we get a combat sized bottle of crazy glue and glue her butt upside down to the fridge....what a nutcase!

I hope both dogs get good homes. A person at the SPCA said "Our training staff is working with him to get him over his fear issues, to get him more socialized with people so he can trust humans again," society CEO Lisa Pedersen said.
Gee, fear issues? wonder why?

Let's cement her to a jail cell and leave her there to starve.
:behindbar:behindbar

People like her make me sick.

Can't even read the link, I will get too upset.

Gozgals

Fear issues. :(
Poor doggy. I am glad he is ok...he will be rehabilitated and find a home with people who love him and won't treat him badly.
As for the human...well...is hair removal wax sticky enough to suspend a person from an object? :waitasec:

This makes me ill!! Ugh! I have 8 dogs and while a few of them drive me nuts, I would never do this to them EVER.
Disgusting.

Poor pups. I hope the little fella is ok.... :(

Ouch! How did they get tape off dog hairs?
Was it a tiny pup?

April 2010:

Crying out that her ex-boyfriend played a role in abusing an 8-month-old shiba inu puppy, Abby Toll left the courtroom in tears Tuesday afternoon just minutes after a Boulder County jury convicted her on a felony count of aggravated animal cruelty.

"Bryan Beck knows what he did to that dog," Toll screamed tearfully about her ex-boyfriend, as she was led through the courthouse hallway by her lawyer...

Beck pleaded guilty last summer to misdemeanor attempted animal cruelty in the case and was given a one-year deferred sentence...

Police entered and found Beck's shiba inu – then named Rex – taped to the side of his refrigerator, his paws, snout and tail bound with hair ties and packing tape.A police report stated that Toll told police she put the dog on the fridge in an attempt to get back at her boyfriend.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_14871809

Abby Toll, animal abuser
20100413_092328_TOLLTUESDAY1_400.jpg

Abby Toll, who bound and taped an 11-pound puppy to the side of a fridge in her boyfriend's Boulder apartment last year,... was sentenced to 30 days in jail and three years of probation...

Handcuffed, Toll was led out of the courtroom by sheriff's deputies as her mother and brother looked on, bringing to an end a bizarre case that attracted national media attention and spawned a collection of Web sites condemning Toll.

Berkenkotter also ordered Toll to perform 200 hours of community service, pay $771 in restitution, and have no contact with animals while she is on probation...

Beck was the one who actually bound the dog, Maximon said, and that his client simply stuck the animal up on the fridge. She lied to police about her role in the incident to protect her boyfriend, he said...

"He didn't do this. She did, and a jury found her guilty," Cheval said. "She continues to make excuses. She continues to not take responsibility."...

Shannon Park and his wife, Amy, adopted Yoshi [formally called Rex] about a month after the incident. He said the dog had nightmares for the first couple of weeks and is fearful around people and other dogs he doesn't know. Yoshi has also had sessions with an animal behaviorist.

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_15475406

Abby Toll, animal abuser
090415044834_04-15-09-abby-toll.jpg

The victim
20100412_051721_TOLL16_500.jpg

After cutting the tape and hair bands off the dog, the officer said, Rex was “bushed” and couldn't move for a long time.

TOLL17aa-M.jpg

TOLLTUESDAY7-M.jpg

He pointed to photos of Rex with deep indentations in its legs, where he said the hair bands had been applied.

Kara Jurczenia, a five-year veteran with the Boulder Police Department, was the first witness to take the stand for the prosecution. She testified to seeing “a large mass of tape with a small black dog encased in it” attached to the fridge. Jurczenia said she was taken aback at what she was seeing and said that Toll acted nonchalantly about the whole situation.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_14867104?source=pkg

Please, I beg you, do not go through and bump every animal cruelty case you can find. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back