Possible match Tina Marie Finley, 25 - Missing Since: 7 March 1988 from Benewah County ID

MadeaBecBec

"The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's
Reaction score
Tina Marie Finley
Missing since March 7, 1988 from Benewah County, Idaho.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 25, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Native female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing brown slacks, heels, and a gray jacket.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Finley was last seen on the Coeur d'Alene Indian Reservation in Benewah County, Idaho on March 7, 1988. On that night Finley played pool at a Plummer bar, then went to a Tensed birthday party. Investigators think that's where she met the people responsible for her disappearance. Finley left the party, and went to Tensed's Circle H Saloon. A man there later told police he gave her a ride to Plummer, dropping her off about a quarter-mile from home. Hale said the man passed a polygraph test, suggesting he's telling the truth. But Finley never made it home.
Shortly after Finley's disappearance, her purse, identification card, and shoes were found on the side of U.S. Highway 95, which bisects the reservation.
Investigators searched an abandoned car and house at DeSmet, finding several of Finley's belongings, and a business letter addressed to one of the suspects. A search of a Plummer home that fall found Finley's jacket.
In 1991, divers searched for Finley's body in a small pond on a back road. In 1992, a road worker found a grave-shaped pit at McCroskey State Park. Authorities thinks it was intended for Finley's body, but that the grave-diggers were disturbed, or decided it was too close to a road. They think Finley was abducted and killed somewhere near Tensed.

Finley was raised on the Coeur d'Alene reservation. The seven children grew up in foster homes.
At 14, Finley ran away from her foster home. She hitchhiked to Seattle, and eventually to California. At 17, she phoned her uncle, who bought her a bus ticket home from San Jose.
Finley later moved in with her uncle. She held several jobs, and considered to study at North Idaho College.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Benewah County Sheriff's Office
208-245-2555 NCIC Number: M-293914473
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/999dfid.html

Side by Side of Ms. Finley and Princess Blue Doe

Attachments

• Copy of finley_tina missing 3-7-88 Idaho  Native American.jpg
    Copy of finley_tina missing 3-7-88 Idaho Native American.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 176
Tina is a bit older and a bit taller than Princess Blue was estimated to be. Do you know if Tina's dentals or her DNA is available? Dentals would be the fastest way to rule her in or out followed by DNA. I would also be interested in whether Tina was known to wear jewelry. Princess Blue seems to have liked wearing a lot of jewelry.

Tina Marie Finley
Missing since March 7, 1988 from Benewah County, Idaho.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 25, 1962
Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Native female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing brown slacks, heels, and a gray jacket.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Finley was last seen on the Coeur d'Alene Indian Reservation in Benewah County, Idaho on March 7, 1988. On that night Finley played pool at a Plummer bar, then went to a Tensed birthday party. Investigators think that's where she met the people responsible for her disappearance. Finley left the party, and went to Tensed's Circle H Saloon. A man there later told police he gave her a ride to Plummer, dropping her off about a quarter-mile from home. Hale said the man passed a polygraph test, suggesting he's telling the truth. But Finley never made it home.
Shortly after Finley's disappearance, her purse, identification card, and shoes were found on the side of U.S. Highway 95, which bisects the reservation.
Investigators searched an abandoned car and house at DeSmet, finding several of Finley's belongings, and a business letter addressed to one of the suspects. A search of a Plummer home that fall found Finley's jacket.
In 1991, divers searched for Finley's body in a small pond on a back road. In 1992, a road worker found a grave-shaped pit at McCroskey State Park. Authorities thinks it was intended for Finley's body, but that the grave-diggers were disturbed, or decided it was too close to a road. They think Finley was abducted and killed somewhere near Tensed.

Finley was raised on the Coeur d'Alene reservation. The seven children grew up in foster homes.
At 14, Finley ran away from her foster home. She hitchhiked to Seattle, and eventually to California. At 17, she phoned her uncle, who bought her a bus ticket home from San Jose.
Finley later moved in with her uncle. She held several jobs, and considered to study at North Idaho College.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Benewah County Sheriff's Office
208-245-2555 NCIC Number: M-293914473
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/999dfid.html

Side by Side of Ms. Finley and Princess Blue Doe

Tina is a bit older and a bit taller than Princess Blue was estimated to be. Do you know if Tina's dentals or her DNA is available? Dentals would be the fastest way to rule her in or out followed by DNA. I would also be interested in whether Tina was known to wear jewelry. Princess Blue seems to have liked wearing a lot of jewelry.

I will try to get info from LE and then post! The websites for Ms. finley do not say!

I have submitted this possible match to Idaho's Missing Person's Clearinghouse. When I attempted to find Tina on their site, I could find no reference for her. Perhaps she has been located?

I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

Salem

I heard back on Tina and this is the message I received:

Thank you for this submission. Based on the information provided in the missing person’s description, I cannot exclude this potential match. I will follow-up with TX missing person’s clearinghouse. I need some sort of antemortem record, e.g. dental records, to compare the two.

Jennifer C. Love, PhD, D-ABFA
Forensic Anthropology Director

So this may be a possible? Crossing my fingers.

Salem

Thank you for this submission. Based on the information provided in the missing person’s description, I cannot exclude this potential match. I will follow-up with TX missing person’s clearinghouse. I need some sort of antemortem record, e.g. dental records, to compare the two.

Salem

I am pleased that you heard from Dr. Love, I have not heard anything from Benewah County SD or Idaho State Police, I asked specific questions in my emails and faxes, about Tinas jewelry preferences, etc. I know they've been received, but no answers. I suspect that Tinas case may be now in the hands of the Reservation Council, however, it gives me hope that Dr. Love will get the information she needs to proceed... Thank you many times over Salem! And you, too, RKnowley!!

I have not heard anything since my previous post, but I've been thinking about this. Here's a map starting in Idaho and ending in Brazoria, Texas. It's a long way. Highway 95 runs into Highway 80 and cuts back across to the east, then down to Texas.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...4.524661,-98.4375&spn=30.563238,53.261719&z=4

My thought is that if Tina's personal belonging were found along Highway 95, it is unlikely that the perp took her all the way to Texas to dump her? kwim? If she got in the car with someone and they where headed to Reno or Las Vegas - why would her personal belongings be thrown out on 95 in Idaho?

Still crossing my fingers,

Salem

I don't know... I'm just typing out loud here.

I am pleased that you heard from Dr. Love, I have not heard anything from Benewah County SD or Idaho State Police, I asked specific questions in my emails and faxes, about Tinas jewelry preferences, etc. I know they've been received, but no answers. I suspect that Tinas case may be now in the hands of the Reservation Council, however, it gives me hope that Dr. Love will get the information she needs to proceed... Thank you many times over Salem! And you, too, RKnowley!!

MadeaBecBec - A trick I have learned when sending an email to any of these agencies is to make sure I turn on the "read receipt" option on my email. Then I know when the agency has read the message. BUT more importantly, the agency is more apt to respond to my message.

I have had emails out for weeks at a time because I didn't use the "read receipt". When I get tired of waiting, I resend the email with the feature turned on and generally, I get a response in a couple of days. Now, I just try to always make sure I turn it on before sending any email.

Salem

Salem

I sent a follow up email this morning with a direct link to our thread on Princess Blue's dental record thread. Why didn't I think to do that immediately after getting Dr. Love's email? :doh:

Well it is done now :)

Salem

Tina's NamUs was recently updated to include more photos in which you can see her teeth!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• img_71702.jpeg
    img_71702.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 123
  • img_71704.jpeg
    img_71704.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 191
Looks to me like she has several teeth missing or out of place or something.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back