Stephen Hawking Rushed to Hospital "Very Ill"

Praying for a quick and complete recovery for Mr. Hawking. He is one of my hero's.

If we lose him, it will be the loss of a great mind; he's one of a kind; hopefully they will create a great living tribute to him. He needs to be held up to the world!!

I loved "The Universe in a Nutshell" as it was kind of the "Brief History of Time" for dummies, lol. The idea of 11 dimensions, his work with black holes and quantam physics is just so interesting. There is so much going on on a sub-atomical level that we are just completely oblivious to. It is really interesting I wish I was more science and math minded but I am definitely not. It took me 4 yrs and 6 tutors to get through College Algebra........

I loved "The Universe in a Nutshell" as it was kind of the "Brief History of Time" for dummies, lol. The idea of 11 dimensions, his work with black holes and quantam physics is just so interesting. There is so much going on on a sub-atomical level that we are just completely oblivious to. It is really interesting I wish I was more science and math minded but I am definitely not. It took me 4 yrs and 6 tutors to get through College Algebra........
Can you imagine what it must be like, to be one of the other scientists, to attend his lectures, and discussions. When you have a mind like his, there aren't many people, who you can "really" talk to, and to have most of them in a small room, at one time....

Sending my thoughts and prayers for SH. Hopefully, he is resting easy and will recover soon. I have so much respect for him and it would be a great loss to the world.

He is one of the most amazing human beings. I am awe strucked.

My DH lost his battle with this horrible disease three years after diag. Steven is a tribute to those who suffer with it. My prayers are with him and his family.

Sorry I spelled his name wrong, tears in my eyes today. Lung problems usually are terribly serious. The diaphram is compromised and leads to infection, organ failure.
Many pass from a simple infection. He is a hero in the als community for not only his longitivity, but also his grace from a young age. He also is so important in making people see disability as a challange not a barrier. We used to take one day at a time as an adventure all because this man made it seem that way. What a truly beautiful mind.

Prayers for all....

My DH lost his battle with this horrible disease three years after diag. Steven is a tribute to those who suffer with it. My prayers are with him and his family.

Thank you for sharing octobermoon. I am very sorry to hear you lost your husband to Lou Gherig's. I watched a documentary about a mother who had two sons and a husband who all suffered from the disease and I learned how devestating it can be for everyone involved.

I'm so glad he will be ok. As I work for a neurologist, we've seen a few ALS patients and it is the most heartbreaking disease I have ever encountered. We have a patient now who is terribly disabled from it, can't walk, talk, eat or breathe without assistance, but last year he took part in an ALS "walk" from Orlando to Washington DC in his motorized wheelchair. And he is so funny, he has a wonderful sense of humor. I'm always so surprised that Mr. Hawking has lasted as long as he has. God bless him and all the others afflicted by this horrible disease.

Thank you for sharing octobermoon. I am very sorry to hear you lost your husband to Lou Gherig's. I watched a documentary about a mother who had two sons and a husband who all suffered from the disease and I learned how devestating it can be for everyone involved.

Thank you. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back