1247 users online (228 members and 1019 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What Is Wrong with Huckaby?

Voters
285. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pedophile/Pedophilia

31 10.88%
  • Munchausen's Syndrome/Munchausen's by Proxy

5 1.75%
  • Sociopathic, Psychopathic or Just Plain Evil

65 22.81%
  • Combination of All or Some of the Above

179 62.81%
  • Other

19 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What the Heck Is Wrong With Huckaby?

Maybe this question is premature. Maybe it just does not matter. But I'm curious nonetheless what you all think. Me? Not totally sure but I'm thinking it is a combination of SOME of the factors listed.
    ***Caveat: This is not about whether MH is responsible for her actions, was in control of what she did, knew right from wrong and chose to do what she did regardless, and it's not about whether she should face the fullest punishment for what she is charged with doing. I think she was in total control, absolutely knew right from wrong, made a choice, should, and thankfully, will pay. But, something contributed to the choice she made. Thoughts? Thanks!

Edited to add that my belief in MH's guilt and responsibility is based on the news that has been released, the charges against her, my own use of logic and it is only my opinion.
    Last edited by gitana1; 04-20-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: JMO
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

One other thing:
    If you pick other, I would love to know what that might be. I'm trying to get a feel for what is in people's minds and expert opinions are welcome.

I'm sorry gitana1, I couldn't pick just one or check all of the above or some of the above. MH looks to be of a very complex pathology psychologically.

I haven't seen enough to say outright what it is that she might be, I'll revisit this thread as her lies and misdeeds and crimes are slowly unfurled for us to examine.

I have a feeling that there will be much more to come.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

I chose combination of some or all of the above. I think it's "some of the above" as I'm not sure whether to include Munchausen's until we hear more about her daughter's health--if we do.

Maybe it was a hasty choice, since I agree with Kat!
    Last edited by Columbo; 04-20-2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: change wording

I picked: Pedophile/Pedophilia

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

My guess has been that she is borderline sociopath (if not outright), psychotic, narcissitic, and perhaps there may be a dissociative disorder thrown in there for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I'm sorry gitana1, I couldn't pick just one or check all of the above or some of the above. MH looks to be of a very complex pathology psychologically.

I haven't seen enough to say outright what it is that she might be, I'll revisit this thread as her lies and misdeeds and crimes are slowly unfurled for us to examine.

I have a feeling that there will be much more to come.
    Bolded by me - That might be "other"!
    I agree it seems very complex. What causes a person like MH to develop into what she has is something I always feel the need to explore. Maybe it's that human desire to understand the unthinkable so we can find ways to protect ourselves from horror. Unfortunately, I don't think we can always fully understand and thus we can't always prevent such evil acts from occurring. But, I still have that compulsion to try to figure it all out, or at least a part of it. I can't wait to hear what you have to say once we have a lot more to work with.

I chose All of the Above and Other.

I think there are/have been a few people - very very few - who are just such an aberration, we simply don't know what they are. Joseph Edward Duncan is an example of what I mean. Melissa is another.

They just are so way outside any of the 'categories' we have for people. Yes, they are sociopathic, yes they are evil, but really I think people like these need some category of their own.

She is a pedophile, plain and simple. These people are mentally ill and do not care one bit about their victims, it is all about their own, sick pleasure.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    I chose other...but maybe should have chosen the more than one of the above. I think she was homicidal. I would like to know what meds she was on for her depression. Some of them can provoke homicidal thoughts.

Did anyone else read Kat's post on the fires that she may have started in a house where she rented a room? She also has been investigated for theft two different times (and those were just the times she was caught.....so many other times do we want to guess that she got away with it?). And now we come to find out that she was investigated for a missing child who was drugged with benzos just weeks ago!

Roll just what we know into a ball and I am seeing a person with complete lack of impulse control and wonder if she was ever treated for ADHD as well or if she was diagnosed with any mania such as cleptomania, etc.

I think that her lying chunks her nicely in with your garden variety sociopath, but haven't seen enough of her to figure that one out. She sure lied with verve and was so smooth... they just rolled right off of her tongue.

Her "suicide attempt" of eating xacto blades was, in my opinion, not driven from a desire to kill herself but a way to get attention/shift the focus off of her Grandfather. To this day I bet she is twisting the facts to her atty and family because she cannot stand to look bad to her "perfect" family. I think her grimaces in the courtroom were just in response to hearing the ugly part of her crimes read aloud. As long as she can keep the details to herself she is fine with it but to hear them read aloud she cringes back... as she does not want others to see her that way.

Dang... I am just taking a stab at this... I am not sure what I think.. sorry for thinking outloud.. LOL I have psyche background as an RN but am an open heart nurse LOL

Sorry gitana1 I did vote and it was other. I should have said that in my first post
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Is there a name for someone who knows they are having mental issues and refuses to get help or discuss with anyone that can help them?

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    I chose other...but maybe should have chosen the more than one of the above. I think she was homicidal. I would like to know what meds she was on for her depression. Some of them can provoke homicidal thoughts.

Did anyone else read Kat's post on the fires that she may have started in a house where she rented a room? She also has been investigated for theft two different times (and those were just the times she was caught.....so many other times do we want to guess that she got away with it?). And now we come to find out that she was investigated for a missing child who was drugged with benzos just weeks ago!

Roll just what we know into a ball and I am seeing a person with complete lack of impulse control and wonder if she was ever treated for ADHD as well or if she was diagnosed with any mania such as cleptomania, etc.

I think that her lying chunks her nicely in with your garden variety sociopath, but haven't seen enough of her to figure that one out. She sure lied with verve and was so smooth... they just rolled right off of her tongue.

Her "suicide attempt" of eating xacto blades was, in my opinion, not driven from a desire to kill herself but a way to get attention/shift the focus off of her Grandfather. To this day I bet she is twisting the facts to her atty and family because she cannot stand to look bad to her "perfect" family. I think her grimaces in the courtroom were just in response to hearing the ugly part of her crimes read aloud. As long as she can keep the details to herself she is fine with it but to hear them read aloud she cringes back... as she does not want others to see her that way.

Dang... I am just taking a stab at this... I am not sure what I think.. sorry for thinking outloud.. LOL I have psyche background as an RN but am an open heart nurse LOL
    I bolded the part about meds. Nurse, you bring up some really good points. I also wonder if she was on a medication that made her homicidal. Or made her commit criminal acts. I've heard that a great percentage of persons who are in prison these days were once given medications for ADHD when they were children. I'm not making excuses for her, though. It's a sad reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Is there a name for someone who knows they are having mental issues and refuses to get help or discuss with anyone that can help them?

Salem
    I understand what you are asking Salem. I'll have to think about that and look and see if I can find an answer.

Off the top of my head, I would think that if someone knows they are having mental issues and refuses to get help that would fall under denial. (a powerful thing).

Not discussing those issues with someone that could help them might fall under a type of paranoia, where the fear of admitting to someone that there is a problem causes undue anxiety.

I will look it up though, now I'm curious!

I say full blown psychopath budding serial killer since she has so many of the traits, such as lying, fires, stealing, plots, plans, etc. , but with maybe some mental illness thrown in since she practically ratted herself out. Her good religious upbringing may have something to do with that though, but she had no regard for the property, reputations, actual life, health, or safety of others though. That is if this is all true as reported and charged.

Glibly lying
    Setting self up as victim
    Revenge against alledged date, ex husband, at least on ex boyfriend with attempts to ruin their lives
    Alledged by former housemate to set her up as setting fires
    POI in these two separate fires where she and her child are at home in one
    Possibly setting up child's illness in order to live with family and not work
    Several charges for stealing, the recent one from Target
    Accusations of drugging a child
    Alledged child killer with rape
    Suicide attempt, as psychopaths are said to do

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast