1127 users online (197 members and 930 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    Danger of public outrage.
    This makes my skin crawl.

RIP, dear Sandra. There will be justice for you.
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

OMG! I have never heard a Judge say that before. It sounds extremely horrific.

Is this why they decided not to pursue the second autopsy?

Why does it matter if there is more public outrage?! We are already outraged at this woman having raped and murdered Sandra!! Especially since other things are coming to light which are huge red flags and were discounted or overlooked by LE in the past.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I have never heard a judge say that before either. This must be much more heinous and violent and just so horrible than I could have ever imagined. Sleep with the angels Sandra.

I can't ponder this, it is making me have tears in my eyes.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    The is chilling.

"Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus ruled that the results of the autopsy and other medical tests in the case will remain under seal. She said there's a danger of public outrage if the scientific data were to be made public."

Bless Sandra, may she rest in peace.
    The scientific data must be pretty horrifying.

R.I.P Sandra.

No bail status remains.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

So no plea? and now COD is under the gag order?

What a bunch of you know what!!!!

Salem

I am NOT suggesting anything bad about the victims family or friends, but the autopsy could have revealed prior abuse or drugging (longer than 6 months ago- or whenever MH moved into the area) and the judge does not want to start a witch-hunt in the media. Judges usually don't "care" about (consider) public opinion in making rulings unless innocent people are involved- if it just made MH look bad, I don't think the judge would have said what she said.

Or maybe, hopefully, the judge is just being prudent about MH getting a "fair trial" in the county. It'll all come out at trial, so why risk tainting the jury pool now?

I am so glad that CA treats cases this way. I have become even more appreciative after seeing all the information released during the CA trial. FL is just OTT imo.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    The is chilling.

"Superior Court Judge Linda Lofthus ruled that the results of the autopsy and other medical tests in the case will remain under seal. She said there's a danger of public outrage if the scientific data were to be made public."

Bless Sandra, may she rest in peace.
    As soon as the term "foreign object" was mentioned, I thought it might be too horrific to have released to potential jurors. I just pray Sandra was completely unconscious. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by lawlady84 View Post
    I am NOT suggesting anything bad about the victims family or friends, but the autopsy could have revealed prior abuse or drugging (longer than 6 months ago- or whenever MH moved into the area) and the judge does not want to start a witch-hunt in the media. Judges usually don't "care" about (consider) public opinion in making rulings unless innocent people are involved- if it just made MH look bad, I don't think the judge would have said what she said.

Or maybe, hopefully, the judge is just being prudent about MH getting a "fair trial" in the county. It'll all come out at trial, so why risk tainting the jury pool now?
    I think it's entirely possible there was prior abuse and drugging ~ from the many visits Sandra made to the house MH lived in. I also think it was a wise decision by the judge; the public doesn't need to know the details until the trial and the taxpayers don't need to be paying for a costly change of venue. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

MH's Demeanor

I just a heard a report on the radio from a reporter who was at the arraignment today. He's from AM 640 KFI in So Cal. He said that MH's demeanor was markedly different from before. She looked dull, did not cry, engaged with her attorney (a new one), and even cracked a smile. She stared directly at the judge BUT whenever he mentioned the words sex or sexual or molestation, she looked down and would n ot meet his gaze. Seems like a clear sign of guilt to me!
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    I am so glad that CA treats cases this way. I have become even more appreciative after seeing all the information released during the CA trial. FL is just OTT imo.

Hi Bean, I so agree with you. What in the world were they thinking of to create a Sunshine Law? In essence making all the info public before trial, how do they ever find a qualified jury?

PLUS, now posters almost expect this in other cases like Sandra's, and it just ain't gonna happen!

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi Bean, I so agree with you. What in the world were they thinking of to create a Sunshine Law? In essence making all the info public before trial, how do they ever find a qualified jury?

PLUS, now posters almost expect this in other cases like Sandra's, and it just ain't gonna happen!
    It's a disaster and that is what acquittals are made of.

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    From what I read last night, no plea is expected to be entered today either.
    I didn't know a person or their attorney could negate the right to a speedy trial by holding up judicial process.
    Is it possible that no plea will be entered again?
    Would the defense be asking for other types of psych. evals, if this is true?

Thanks,
    Maria
    Not sure if this has been posted, but here are the minutes from today's hearing. No plea entered.

http://www.stocktoncourt.org./courts...der_042409.pdf

Best,

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    As soon as the term "foreign object" was mentioned, I thought it might be too horrific to have released to potential jurors. I just pray Sandra was completely unconscious. MOO
    After hearing/reading what the judge said, I wouldn't be suprised if she pleads guilty. MH is toast if it goes before a jury. If it horrifies a judge - can you imagine what it would do to the jury? I can't!

Peace,

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast