Found Deceased MN - Jelani Brinson, 24, Anoka, 17 April 2009

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/Jelani_Brinson_Missing_Anoka_Sheriff_Apr_21_2009

21 April 09

As friends of Jelani Brinson organized a search for the missing Minneapolis man, the Anoka County sheriff's office on Tuesday joined the investigation.

Brinson, 24, was last seen leaving a friend's house in Anoka around 10:30 p.m. on Friday, April 17.

One of Brinson's shoes and his hat were found across the street on the other side of the neighbor’s fence. He didn't show up for work Saturday and he hasn't picked up his car.

Calls to Brinson's cell phone have not been answered.

Friends have organized a Tuesday afternoon search, with volunteers meeting at 3 p.m. in the SuperTarget parking lot off Highway 169 in Champlin, Minn.

Organizers are hoping for a search party of 75 to 100 volunteers will continue to distribute posters with Brinson's pictures and contact information.

The case continues to be investigated by Anoka police and the sheriff's office.

pic
Brinson,_Jelani_20090421130611659_320_240.JPG

One of Brinson's shoes and his hat were found across the street on the other side of the neighbor’s fence.

Wonder how tall this fence is? If he could have lost his shoe and hat while jumping over it, perhaps running from someone?

I know, I watch too much tv....

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s898990.shtml

Updated: 04/25/2009 9:05 PM KSTP.com

Body of missing Mpls. father found

The body of a missing Minneapolis father has been found, police say.

The Anoka County Sheriff's Office says Jelani Brinson, 24, was found at the Greenhaven Golf Course in Anoka. Police say his body was floating in a pond on the property.

RIP Jelani.

:( that's very sad. I hope they are able to find out what happened. I'm so sick of hearing about these guys disappearing and ending up like this.

:( that's very sad. I hope they are able to find out what happened. I'm so sick of hearing about these guys disappearing and ending up like this.

His shoes were found between rr tracks and the pond where his body was found. He had just come from a party. Strange about the shoes.

:( The happy endings are so few and far between any more....

:( The happy endings are so few and far between any more....

I agree amandab. As I was working last night on the cases in this forum, I became very saddened at all of the bad news about these missing ppl that have been found as of late.

I feel deeply for their families. I had to sign off and go to bed to keep from being too saddened. I realized that they must carry their loss forever.

Man's death remains a mystery

Four months after the body of Jelani Dante Brinson was found in a pond on Anoka’s Greenhaven Golf Course officials are still not able to say how he died.

“We’re not saying this is a murder and we’re not saying its a suicide, but it is highly suspicious,” said Lt. Paul Sommer of the Anoka County Sheriff’s Office.

According to Sommer, the medical examiner was not able to conclusively determine a cause of death.

Brinson, 24, was discovered a week after he was reported missing in April. His friends had last seen him leaving an Anoka residence on Kennedy Street around 10 p.m. April 17.

Family and friends became concerned when he didn’t show up for work the next day.

Brinson, the father of a one-year-old girl, lived in Minneapolis and was employed by Sprint in Edina.
“The report indicates (the medical examiner) cannot place a cause of death,” said Sommer.

But authorities do know that Brinson did not drown.

According to Sommer, the toxicology report did not show drugs or alcohol in Brinson’s system at the time of his death. There were also no wounds on his body, leaving his death a mystery.

As far as the direction of the investigation, Sommer said the sheriff’s office is not sharing any information.

“It is an active investigation but we’re not going to comment,” said Sommer.

http://abcnewspapers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8863&Itemid=26

Two Years Later Authorities Remain Baffled

Two years after Jelani Brinson's body was found in a shallow pond on an Anoka golf course, baffled authorities have no motive, suspects or witnesses, not even a cause of death.

Authorities and Brinson's family are now offering $11,000 for information concerning the 24-year-old's disappearance and death. They have contacted local media and "America's Most Wanted." But with no signs of injury, foul play or cause of death such as a heart attack, authorities remain stumped.

"He had no enemies that I know of ... He had no money," Alyce Hamilton, Brinson's mother, said this week. "Someone has to know something."

Snipped from http://www.startribune.com/local/north/119516669.html

Thought this was useful. Bump also. >> [video=youtube;ypwRO4oJCLs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypwRO4oJCLs[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back