4 Years Since Janet's Murder & Nat. Crime Victim Rights Week

L L & S

Reaction score
In five short days it will be four years since Janet Christiansen, a young wife, and mother to Kaiden and at the time carrying Kaiden’s baby brother or sister, was brutally murdered in her own home. She was upstairs doing things around the house when someone came up behind her and stabbed her, over and over while 6 mo old Kaiden slept in his bed only a few feet away. Only one person of interest has ever been named. Her husband, Raven Peters Abaroa.

All the information is here in Janet’s forum, and I hope you take the time to look it over.

I was honored to join with Janet’s family and friends in Durham NC for a candlelight vigil for Janet and her baby in 2006. While I can’t be back in Durham this year for National Crime Victims’ Rights Week I would like very much to share information on NCVRW activities this year. Below are links to information about activities in Washingtion and the NC area. You can also check the Office for Victims of Crime calender for activities in your area. Links below:

National Crime Victims' Rights Week is April 26 - May 2, 2009

For those living in Durham, NC

http://www.durhampolice.com/news/pdf/090421_1.pdf

For those living in Raleigh, NC

http://www.nc-van.org/pdf/CVRW 2009.pdf

For those in Washington, DC

Leading up to the national commemoration, Office for Victims of Crime will hold two prelude events in the Nation's Capital. Both events are free and open to the public, however, registration is required.

National Observance and Candlelight Ceremony
Thursday, April 23, 2009
U.S. Chamber of Commerce (Directions)
1615 H Street NW., Washington, D.C.
Time: 6:30–7:30 p.m. eastern time

Featured Speaker: Quincy Arriana Lucas, founder of Witney’s Lights, Inc., a nonprofit organization focused on raising awareness of domestic violence and crime victim’s issues, and covictim and homicide survivor of her beloved sister, Dr. Witney Rose.

National Crime Victims’ Rights Week Awards Ceremony
Friday, April 24, 2009
Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium (Directions)
1301 Constitution Avenue NW., Washington, D.C.
Time: 1:30–3:00 p.m. eastern time

U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr. will present the awards to individuals and organizations that have demonstrated outstanding service for crime victims.

To see what is happening in your City, State please check the following OVC Calendar. Please note all events are not posted on this calendar, please check with your local government if nothing is listed in your City or State.

http://ovc.ncjrs.gov/ovccalendar/

Department of Justice - Office for Victims' of Crime

http://www.ojp.gov/ovc/ncvrw/welcome.html

circle_color.jpg

I would be so grateful to my WS family
if you would consider
joining me

In Honor of Janet and her Baby

and leave a kind word
and a candle here, on this thread,
for her and the victims that have touched your life.

The National Crime Victims' Rights Week begins on April 26,
which will be the 4 year anniversary of
Janet Christiansen Abaroa's murder.

90.jpg

Sandra-Cantu.jpg

I cried so hard the day you were found. I had such faith that you would come home. May you rest in peace, sweet angel.

For Laci and Conner Peterson.
You have forever changed
my life.

450px-Candles_in_Love_07406.jpg

LL&S - Thank you so much for posting this. I can feel the day approaching and my heart goes out to the family & friends of Janet and her unborn child.

Also in my prayers are all those touched by senseless crimes as this. Lisa Stebic, Stacy Peterson, Michelle Young, Jenna Nielsen, Nancy Cooper, Also in my heart is poor little Riley Fox, Madeline McCann, Jon Benet Ramsey, Sandra Cantu and Caylee Anthony.

Once you are hurt by a tragic and senseless crime, your heart is never the same, you never feel the same. Having the murderer behind bars can't bring back one you lost or loved, but Justice is the responsibility of We the People. We have an obligation to see that Justice is met on earth, and God will take care of Justice in the afterlife.

I think about how many people have been hurt by this senseless crime. I believe 100% that Raven is the POI/Suspect and the actual murderer. I look at all the people he has come across all these years, coworkers, so many girlfriends come and go in 4 years, so many guy friends, coworkers and so many people including his friends and family that continually get conned by him. My heart goes out to them. To know what he really truly is and that is a narcissistic, sociopath and murderer is something that more and more people are realizing by the day.

He changes groups of friends and girlfriends like many people change their undies. He cannot stay faithful to one woman, even his guy friends are creeped out by him, and he can't seem to keep a close relationship with anyone. Those that are still in contact with him are so because they are too afraid to nip it in the bud, because after all, look at what he did to Janet.

I pray for Law Enforcement and the DA and the Government in North Carolina, that they have it in them to get this guy before he kills again. I do know they will get him though.

As a Rememberance for Janet this year I decided to gather some information and post it at the Forensic Astrology Request section at WS, who knows maybe they will see something we are missing.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3653054&postcount=131

I will light a Candle for Janet, her unborn child and all Victims of Crime on Sunday April 26, 2009.

Thanks, LL&S, for posting this reminder. I remember this like it was yesterday. Hard to believe 4 years have passed by. I doubt anyone ever thought this case would go unresolved for this long. I pray that this case will be closed in the coming year and that Janet's family can reach closure with this tragic loss.

Bumping for Janet.

Please read the OP......

Dear Janet,

Today four years ago you left us. Taken from this earthly life by one so evil, good can no longer remain in his midst. For you there is still no justice. For you there is still no peace. Your killer remains free, your son lives without his mothers love.

We can no longer see the twinkle in your eyes when you smile, hear your laugh, or feel your heart when we hug. But we still have hope that there is a God watching over all, feeling our pain, lifting our hearts.

Please watch over Kaiden, keep him safe. Whisper to him that there are many who love him.

Until we see you again.

With much love,

Birdhunter

AMEN, BirdHunter.

My thoughts and prayers are with Kaiden and Janet's family today and always. Four years later and we're all still here, hoping and praying. May justice come soon.

Four years...I'm so sad that her murderer hasn't been arrested. One day I believe he will be.
Prayers for Janet.

I can't believe it has been 4 years. Your early death has opened my eyes and my heart to so many things. I believe that families can be together forever. I'm sure your family mourns you everyday, but I hope they can find peace looking forward to the chance to see you again in Heaven.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back