1258 users online (238 members and 1020 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Mother Makes 2 Daughters Get Out Of Car & Drives Away

SNIPPED: "...White Plains police said Primoff ordered the arguing girls out of the car Sunday evening as they were driving home. She left them at Post Road and South Broadway, an area of shops and offices 3 miles from their home, then drove off, the police report said....Police would not say if Primoff ever returned to look for the girls, but they said, without explaining how, that the 12-year-old eventually caught up with the mother. The 10-year-old was found by a "Good Samaritan" on the street, upset and emotional about losing her mother, police said....The girl gave police her mother's name and their address in well-to-do Scarsdale, and they asked Scarsdale police to check Primoff's $2 million house. Shortly afterward, Primoff called Scarsdale police from home to say the 10-year-old was missing, said Scarsdale Detective Lt. Bryant Clark...."

And we wonder why so many of our children wind up getting hurt...

At least these two little girls were not harmed by anyone following their mother leaving them...

I know this will sound terrible but I have felt like doing that a million times. I have a boy that Thankfully is grown and rarely rides with us anymore. But that boy lives to aggravate. He is not happy unless he is tormenting someone. I remember we bought a van and I could position him where he couldn't touch anyone...it was wonderful until we had another baby. Then he was back touching and tormenting. I never put him out nor would I for fear that something would have happened, to that boy that we are all so crazy about, but I sure did dream about it.

I've done it! Only once and I made mine and his friend get out and I drove around the block. It was a residential neighborhood...it was either that or beat them both silly!

I never had to do it again

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Jeez, I know this sounds terrible, but I can't get too worked up over this one. I mean, I do get that you can't trust everyone and to do this was probably poor judgement, but she didn't leave them in the middle of a highway or the woods. She left them in a office district in Scarsdale. She obviously didn't want them to be alone or not to come back. She probably didn't fathom the two children would separate.

I'm not defending her as much as I can see where she might have gotten really frustrated and made the "it's either kick them out or beat the crap out of them" decision. She probably regrets it now. I think her mistake was going home and not driving around to keep tabs on them.

I have two babies under two, so obviously I wouldn't do this, but in her situation I'd probably drive really slowly next to them and make them walk.

Carmel, Indiana
    Yeah - I remember my Dad kicking me out of the car when we were on vacation in Maine. Some small town - had no idea where I was - found my family eating blueberry pancakes! He told me to get out and walk because I kept crying about wanting some Teddy Bear from the previous town we were in. I was 13 or 14 LOL!! I've wanted to kick my kids out plenty of times. I've slammed on the breaks - gotten out - and spanked them - then moved on.

I've threatened my 4 DS (ages 3 -10) with this, but I've never actually done it. Just pulling over to the side of the road has been enough, so far.

This morning, my 5 year old was acting terribly ugly about eating breakfast, getting dressed and getting in the car to go to pre-school. I told him he could just stay home by himself while I took his younger brother to school, and he freaked out and quickly did what he needed to do so we could all leave.

If I ever actually did this with my kids, I wouldn't leave the area, which it sounds like she did. And, then she called in missing person's report?

The South, USA
    Gosh, my parents threatened to do this millions of times, but we knew they never would.

However, on long trips to my grandma's house, I used to get very antsy and twitchy in the backseat. So my dad used to let me out, then he'd drive a bit up the road and let me run to catch up. This was always on country/mountain roads. Usually we were near a little store or a picnic area near a river or lake. When I ran to catch up, we'd eat or get a snack or drink, then move on. It gave me a chance to stretch my legs, and it gave all of us a chance for a break from driving.

If the twelve year old was back with the Mom then she must have only driven around the block or stopped up the street. Sounds like the two kids were still at it because they didn't stay together. I've pulled over and refused to drive until kids straightened up, and I've gotten out and just stood by the vehicle, but never left any even though I've felt like it with a few teenagers. I don't see what her ritzy neighborhood has to do with it since kids can torment parents and each other regardless of income.

State of Disbelief. SC
    Okay..I'm not saying it's right.....but I understand.

I'm actually suprised my parents never did it to me & my sisters.

I do agree though that it was stupid, but having kids can make you do stupid things. I'm glad the girls weren't abducted.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Penn's woods
    Three miles out is a bit much. But to be honest, I made my two teenage boys get out of the car about a half a mile from our home one time.

It was at the entrance of our housing area and a straight walk home. They were there within 10 mins. after I got there.

They were fighting so hard they had come to blows and I just couldn't take it anymore. I just couldn't! So, I pulled over and told them to get out. They just sat and looked at me like I had lost my mind. So I opened the rear door and said "get out, and walk home-or I'm walking home". They got out and I drove home with their two younger sisters.

I have to say I didn't have any problems with them afterwards for quite a while. I also haven't had any problems with their sisters who watched it unfold. LOL
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Atlanta, GA
    Like some others here, I have a hard time working up much indignation over this story. The truth is most of our children get hurt when they're with their caretakers, not when they've been dropped off a few miles from home.

I'm not saying this was the most stellar moment in this Mom's parenting career, but...yeah, I get it.

And I personally think it's ridiculous that she was charged with endangering a child.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

North Carolina
    I dont know 10 and 12 is a little young. I have a 9 year old and a 12 year old(boy and girl) They fight all the time,while i would never put them out of the car unless maybe in the neighborhood but i have pulled over and cut the car off and said "im not moving until you two stop.

New Mexico
    My mom did this to me...And I deserved it!