1413 users online (311 members and 1102 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Freddie Mac CFO dead, in apparent suicide

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21559.html

From what I understand, this man had only been acting CFO since September of last year. I wouldn't think he was responsible for the mess that they're in. Why?

Well he was the controller and head of financing outside of said title. I wonder if that helped "guilt" this? Would a controller be in position to financially screw someone?
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Well, I know they have governmental rules and oversights, but it is still possible that he could have been hiding something he was doing that was illegal or unethical. He would have the knowledge and the ability. So maybe he's more responsible than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    Well, I know they have governmental rules and oversights, but it is still possible that he could have been hiding something he was doing that was illegal or unethical. He would have the knowledge and the ability. So maybe he's more responsible than I thought.
    He took the position not that long ago; so the company's troubles wouldn't be his fault.

But "stress" can make you depressed and there may be other factors.

He had been with Freddie Mac for 16 years the articles say. Who knows what role he had in any of this before his appointment to CFO position. I am sure that the problems there can seem completely overwhelming and certainly are more than one person can fix. Either way it is said that anyone would take their own life over a job. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    My sympathies to his family too. I wish I could not be suspicious but-I wonder if he found out something and some agency or someone decided to quiet him. I just don't trust a lot of what is currently going on!What's so bad is we could never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthatex View Post
    He took the position not that long ago; so the company's troubles wouldn't be his fault.

But "stress" can make you depressed and there may be other factors.

I agree. I'm sure his job was stressful but there are so many other factors to consider.

Twice on HLN I heard an investigator describe this as an unintended death. Or did he say unattended death? Did anyone else hear this? There is a huge difference between the two and my ears must be playing tricks on me

A comptroller or controller; also financial controller, abrv. FC) is a person who supervises accounting and financial reporting within an organization. A controller is an accountant in a business who oversees accounting and the implementation and monitoring of internal controls. In the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada, a controller or financial controller is a senior position within most companies, often reporting to a chief financial officer.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiAnn View Post
    I agree. I'm sure his job was stressful but there are so many other factors to consider.

Twice on HLN I heard an investigator describe this as an unintended death. Or did he say unattended death? Did anyone else hear this? There is a huge difference between the two and my ears must be playing tricks on me
    You may have heard this:
    "It was an unattended death and there are no signs of foul play," Broderick said, though police could not confirm the exact cause of death.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

I was extremely saddened to hear the news about David Kellermann, acting CFO for Freddie Mac (FHLMC). He was a very successful businessman, husband, and father to a young daughter. How tragic…

If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

A neighbor tells WTOP a security guard was posted - apparently as a precaution - outside the Kellermann home for "a few days" earlier this month, after Fannie Mae disclosed the names of executives in line for bonuses. Freddie Mac has not disclosed which executives would get bonuses.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=1657033&nid=25

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21559.html

From what I understand, this man had only been acting CFO since September of last year. I wouldn't think he was responsible for the mess that they're in. Why?
    He was comptroller of the company before being appointed chief financial officer. He'd been employed by Freddie Mac for 16 years.

It has been reported that he hung himself. How sad.

T-Rex, I heard the same thing on the radio this afternoon. Of course since it was radio I don't have a link.

May he rest in peace.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast