Freddie Mac CFO dead, in apparent suicide

Well he was the controller and head of financing outside of said title. I wonder if that helped "guilt" this? Would a controller be in position to financially screw someone?

Well, I know they have governmental rules and oversights, but it is still possible that he could have been hiding something he was doing that was illegal or unethical. He would have the knowledge and the ability. So maybe he's more responsible than I thought.

Well, I know they have governmental rules and oversights, but it is still possible that he could have been hiding something he was doing that was illegal or unethical. He would have the knowledge and the ability. So maybe he's more responsible than I thought.

He took the position not that long ago; so the company's troubles wouldn't be his fault.

But "stress" can make you depressed and there may be other factors.

He had been with Freddie Mac for 16 years the articles say. Who knows what role he had in any of this before his appointment to CFO position. I am sure that the problems there can seem completely overwhelming and certainly are more than one person can fix. Either way it is said that anyone would take their own life over a job. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

My sympathies to his family too. I wish I could not be suspicious but-I wonder if he found out something and some agency or someone decided to quiet him. I just don't trust a lot of what is currently going on!What's so bad is we could never know.

He took the position not that long ago; so the company's troubles wouldn't be his fault.

But "stress" can make you depressed and there may be other factors.

I agree. I'm sure his job was stressful but there are so many other factors to consider.

Twice on HLN I heard an investigator describe this as an unintended death. Or did he say unattended death? Did anyone else hear this? There is a huge difference between the two and my ears must be playing tricks on me:confused:

A comptroller or controller; also financial controller, abrv. FC) is a person who supervises accounting and financial reporting within an organization. A controller is an accountant in a business who oversees accounting and the implementation and monitoring of internal controls. In the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada, a controller or financial controller is a senior position within most companies, often reporting to a chief financial officer.

I agree. I'm sure his job was stressful but there are so many other factors to consider.

Twice on HLN I heard an investigator describe this as an unintended death. Or did he say unattended death? Did anyone else hear this? There is a huge difference between the two and my ears must be playing tricks on me:confused:
You may have heard this:
"It was an unattended death and there are no signs of foul play," Broderick said, though police could not confirm the exact cause of death.

I was extremely saddened to hear the news about David Kellermann, acting CFO for Freddie Mac (FHLMC). He was a very successful businessman, husband, and father to a young daughter. How tragic…

It has been reported that he hung himself. How sad.

T-Rex, I heard the same thing on the radio this afternoon. Of course since it was radio I don't have a link.

That sounds bizarre 'justthinkin'. Maybe not a suicide?

He had been with Freddie Mac for 16 years the articles say. Who knows what role he had in any of this before his appointment to CFO position. I am sure that the problems there can seem completely overwhelming and certainly are more than one person can fix. Either way it is said that anyone would take their own life over a job. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
I do believe that in 16 years you do get to know much about everything given he has had important positions with FM. I am not so sure that anybody will kill themsevs over any job. I think I smell a rat.

Well, maybe he didn't kill himself over the job, but what he did while doing his job. I thought he might have done it to save himself from some type of criminal charge.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back