LA LA - Sandra Burris, 35, St Landry Parish, 25 July 2005

ketel0ne

The artist formerly known as 'Absolut'
Reaction score
http://www.missingabducted.com/?p=56

The St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office is asking the public to help them locate an Opelousas woman who disappeared Aug. 8.

Anyone who knows the whereabouts of Sandra Ann Burris, 35, of Opelousas, who lives with a family member on the Old Port Barre Road, La. 742, should contact the Sheriff’s Office at 948-6516.

An employee of Ryan’s Family Steakhouse, Burris was last seen at about 1:40 p.m. at her residence. She is described as white, 35 years of age, 5 feet, six inches tall, 114 pounds, with green eyes and shoulder-length brown hair.

“She had medical difficulties, so her family is very concerned about her. She has never disappeared without keeping contact with her family,” Chief Deputy Laura Balthazar said Monday.

oddly a second article found here has a different missing date (July 25th) http://www.klfy.com/Global/story.asp?S=3752006

I hope that this lady is somewhere safe and sound. If she takes medication I wonder if she has it with her? Missing since the 8th doesn't sound good. I wonder how long she was gone before when she would leave?

absolut said:
http://www.dailyworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050823/NEWS01/508230306/1002

These 2 murders of elderly women took place in the same July 25th timeframe in the same area.

I am so circumspect on these issues. At one time I had LE interested but not lately. It is ongoing in that area and I feel that I know at least one person who is responsible.I just cannot say how much this hurts. And how much the perps need to be arrested and how families need to heal.

Attachments

• 133440629_m.jpg
    133440629_m.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 13
I'd like to get information about these posts. I grew up with Sandy and was one of her best friends through high school. I'm on a mission to locate her. It's been almost 4 years since she disappeared. I'm getting the word out via the internet and want all the possible information I can get on it. I knew a lot of the same ppl she knew. If someone has any information, please advise. Lets move this along and keep this forum and thread open. Thanks! Her daughter will thank you just as well, as she is graduating this year and simply wants closer.

Attachments

• GO74-10T.jpg
    GO74-10T.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 18
Sandra Ann Burris went missing on July 25th 2005 from Saint Landry Parish La. She was 5 ft 6 in and 115 lbs. She was last seen leaving home with an unidentified female.
Sandy battled drug use in her younger years. Can it be possible that she relapsed and is hiding out of embarrassment and fear for her behavior? Does she believe she is a disappointment? Does she think her daughters would be better off without her? I am not sure. Her disappearance is very shady. She never left for long periods of time without letting someone know her whereabouts. If she is out there as a 'runaway' I want to let her know that she can contact me. I was her best friend from the age of 12 until we were adults. She knows that she is safe to contact me as her parents didn't approve of me (they thought I used drugs as well. They had no clue that I hated the behavior and cared about Sandy. I stuck around trying to help her.)IF ANYONE IN LOUSIANA RECOGNIZES THIS PICTURE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! SHE WILL BE SAFE TO CONTACT ME. SHE MAY BE GOING BY THE NICKNAME 'CASH'. HER FORMER MARRIED NAME IS MaLANSON. (PERNOUNCED MA LAW SAWN) SHE COULD BE USING THIS NAME. SANDRA MALANSON AKA CASH.

Attachments

• 133440629_m.jpg
    133440629_m.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 18
  • GO74-10T.jpg
    GO74-10T.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 16
  • m_91f632e7c1e984c29fb0de34d8834bed.jpg
    m_91f632e7c1e984c29fb0de34d8834bed.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 17
Mrsbreesmith,
I will pass this information off to my sister-in-law. My nephews are bails bondsmen and bounty hunters they have offices in LA, MS, MI I'll ask her to hang up the poster in the offices.

ladyhawk

This case is still active and has produced no leads since Sandys disappearance in 2005. There has been no activity what-so-ever.

I completely lost all my computer information and have finally figured out what my loggin was for websleuth! I'm still active on this and have since become and advocate for missing persons and unidentified persons. Thank you for your information and if that offer still stand, It would be fabulous!

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4069/0/

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/burris_sandra.html

burris_sandra.jpg
burris_sandra2.jpg

A 2010 article:
http://www.eunicetoday.com/view/full_story/7530090/article-Police-betting-on-cards-to-help-solve-Courville-murders
Another local case on the playing cards is missing person Sandra Burris, a 35-year-old woman who was last seen leaving her job at a St. Landry Parish restaurant in July 2005.
The 7 of Clubs and the 5 of Spades contain information about the Eunice double homicide of Youric and Mary Ann Courville and the disappearance of 35-year-old Sandra Burris, respectively.

1697847399595.png

Missing since:2005-07-25
Date of Birth:Over 35
Sex:female
Race:White
Eye color:Hazel
Hair color:Brown
Height:66 inches
Weight:114 pounds
Dental Records:Unavailable
DNA Records:Available
FACES Case #:322
Agency Case #:2005080372
Alt. Case #:M880875319
Agency:St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office
Agency Phone:337-948-6516
Identifying features
heavy cajun accent
Additional details
May be in Lafayette area

• burris_sandra.jpg
  • sandra_ann_burris_2.jpg
Burris, circa 2005
  • Missing Since 07/25/2005
  • Missing From Opelousas, Louisiana
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 09/16/1969 (54)
  • Age 35 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 114 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black t-shirt and a blue denim skirt.

• Medical Conditions Burris has unspecified medical problems and may be in need of medical attention.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Burris's nicknames are Sandy and Cash. She speaks with a Cajun accent.

Details of Disappearance​

Burris was last seen in Opelousas, Louisiana on July 25, 2005. She left her grandmother's home on Port Barre Highway with a female companion at 1:40 p.m., and has never been heard from again. She may have been sighted in north Lafayette, Louisiana in April 2007, but this hasn't been confirmed.

Burris has abused drugs in the past, but her family says she was substance-free at the time she vanished. She worked at Ryan's Family Steakhouse, attended church and was taking classes at Louisiana Technical College. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Burris left behind two children. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Opelousas Police Department 337-594-8565

Source Information​

Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 27, 2018; clothing/jewelry description added, details of disappearance updated.

Characteristics
Sandy walked with a stride and bounce. She was slim with very long brown hair.She suffers from depression.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back