747 users online (108 members and 639 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Thumbs down Let's keep the Minor's names out of this as much as we are able?

Hiya everyone

I know that we all hate doing so many 'intials'..but, think about our own children. There are innocents in all of this.

I have noticed the name of a 5 yr old, innocent, posted over and over. Now, this name may be in the mainstream media, but, come on. Think about it. When she get's older and searches her name do you want her to see all this talk here at WS?? Shall we revictimize again? There is enough out there, let's not ad to it.

Of course she needs to be discussed, but, let's not make it so easy for her to find these conversations once she is old enough to get out here and search her name.

I say we use initials or come up with a nick. I am not comfy with us continuing to discuss her by her full name.

K?

I completely agree, christina.

You can choose to be bitter or better when handling your problems.

My posts are just my opinion and for entertainment purposes only.
    Do not copy any of my post. All post are to remain here.

Christopher McCandless (aka Alexander Supertramp)
    2/12/1968 -8/1992 RIP you are missed.

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/
    If you have information about Kyron Horman, please call the Tip Line at 503-261-2847 or dial 911

Thank you!!!

I know ya hate the kissy face stuff - but I want ya to know how much I appreciate your reminder to keep the name out where we can

Salem

Thanks
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Absolutely agree --

I was SHOCKED when Dr. Phil showed a picture of Sandra's closest friend on the television last night (close up, name, and all). Showed her playing in the park. How dare he? Now some pedophile can come looking for her out of some sick fantasy. I am appalled and saddened that the rights of minors are now being comprimised. The parents of this little girl were on the show too -- at minimum, the childs face should have been blocked over.

So sad --

Arrow

Problem with using initials is that Melissa's daughter shares the same first initial as her...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Problem with using initials is that Melissa's daughter shares the same first initial as her...
    maybe we could use MHD (melissa huckaby daughter)??

Quote Originally Posted by joga View Post
    maybe we could use MHD (melissa huckaby daughter)??
    Good idea! I'm adopting it!

Are you serious? They actually showed her face and identified who she was on TV? How tragic for that child.

Quote Originally Posted by pb6656 View Post
    Are you serious? They actually showed her face and identified who she was on TV? How tragic for that child.
    When and where did they show this child on TV? I know the media has used her name, unfortunately - but I never saw her picture.

Salem

ETA: I see - it was on the Dr. Phil show. He's as bad as Geraldo!

Yes,

Quote Originally Posted by pb6656 View Post
    For those that saw the entire show know what I'm talking about. However, the good news is they did not show her face on the web site (only the parents).

I thought I'd share share Sandra's obituary guest book for those who want to leave a note for the family (personally of course, not on behalf of WS):

http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.as...62814&cid=full

Best,

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    When and where did they show this child on TV? I know the media has used her name, unfortunately - but I never saw her picture.

Salem

ETA: I see - it was on the Dr. Phil show. He's as bad as Geraldo!
    I bout fell out of my chair. The parents walking this innocent child around the same park in SHORT SHORTS. If I had a picture, I would never link it. I think enough damage has been done

Shame on Dr. Phil....and Geraldo too!