Let's keep the Minor's names out of this as much as we are able?

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Hiya everyone ;)

I know that we all hate doing so many 'intials'..but, think about our own children. There are innocents in all of this.

I have noticed the name of a 5 yr old, innocent, posted over and over. Now, this name may be in the mainstream media, but, come on. Think about it. When she get's older and searches her name do you want her to see all this talk here at WS?? Shall we revictimize again? There is enough out there, let's not ad to it.

Of course she needs to be discussed, but, let's not make it so easy for her to find these conversations once she is old enough to get out here and search her name.

I say we use initials or come up with a nick. I am not comfy with us continuing to discuss her by her full name.

K?

Thank you!!! :blowkiss:

I know ya hate the kissy face stuff - but I want ya to know how much I appreciate your reminder to keep the name out where we can :)

Salem

I was SHOCKED when Dr. Phil showed a picture of Sandra's closest friend on the television last night (close up, name, and all). Showed her playing in the park. How dare he? Now some pedophile can come looking for her out of some sick fantasy. I am appalled and saddened that the rights of minors are now being comprimised. The parents of this little girl were on the show too -- at minimum, the childs face should have been blocked over.

So sad --

Problem with using initials is that Melissa's daughter shares the same first initial as her...

Are you serious? They actually showed her face and identified who she was on TV? How tragic for that child.

Are you serious? They actually showed her face and identified who she was on TV? How tragic for that child.

When and where did they show this child on TV? I know the media has used her name, unfortunately - but I never saw her picture.

Salem

ETA: I see - it was on the Dr. Phil show. He's as bad as Geraldo!

For those that saw the entire show know what I'm talking about. However, the good news is they did not show her face on the web site (only the parents).

I thought I'd share share Sandra's obituary guest book for those who want to leave a note for the family (personally of course, not on behalf of WS):

http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx?bookid=10716069262814&cid=full

Best,

When and where did they show this child on TV? I know the media has used her name, unfortunately - but I never saw her picture.

Salem

ETA: I see - it was on the Dr. Phil show. He's as bad as Geraldo!

I bout fell out of my chair. The parents walking this innocent child around the same park in SHORT SHORTS. If I had a picture, I would never link it. I think enough damage has been done :(

Shame on Dr. Phil....and Geraldo too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back