1078 users online (252 members and 826 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

YouTube, KSPR, "Missing in the Ozarks"

Missouri Mule posted this in Thread 3. It has views of the interior of the house at 1717 Delmar after the crimes, as well as exterior shots of the driveway. There are links to text copies above, but the URLs change from time to time.

YouTube - KSPR Unsolved Cases Three Missing Women
    Last edited by KateB; 04-08-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Bartt

These are technically not media links, but they are available resources about Bartt. tangledweb's post regarding Bartt, Thread 2, #387:

Below is a partial chronology of Streeter's movements/life from the time he left Springfield up until May, 2008, where records show he's in arrears for back child support to the tune of $14,000.00.

If LE were to reinvestigate Streeter, the people mentioned below would have first-hand info of what he has said about the 3MW case and what he has done since leaving Springfield, MO.

Comparing that after-the-fact court-admissable information to what is already documented could shed new light on the case. I would also include his juvenile record up in Washington state since it would show Streeter's early mental state as a juvenile and may very well play into evidence in this case.

08/31/2001 Docket Entry: Judge/Clerk - Note
    Text: APA WORSHAM WITHDRAWS DISMISSAL LETTER. PER MEB/TDT (MissouriCase.net)

Sept. 15, 1992 Levitt's son, Bartt Streeter, considered an initial suspect, quits his job and leaves Springfield. He has not returned. It is the 100th day of the investigation. (SL news article)

09/17/1992 Docket Entry: Judge/Clerk - Note
    Text: Notification from CASP that Deft has not completed program. tdt (MissouriCase.net)

09/18/1992 Docket Entry: Judge/Clerk - Note
    Text: Deft. has not completed CASP. Issue warrant for prob. viola tion. bond set $1500.00. BJK jt (MissouriCase.net)

09/25/1992 Docket Entry: Judge/Clerk - Note
    Text: Warrant issued, bond $1500.00. jt (MissouriCase.net)

Address records show Streeter having lived in SHERWOOD, AR and then NORTH LITTLE ROCK, AR after he left Springfield, MO.

On October 14, 1995, Tabetha Jo Price, age 20, daughter of Danny Gerald Price & Brenda Fay Maples was married to Bartt Loran Streeter, age 31, son of Brentt Merrill Streeter & Sherrill Elizabeth Williams. Streeter was born in Bellevue, Washington & Price was born in Conway, Arkansas. They were married by Robert F. Maples, minister in North Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas.

http://www.pulaskiclerk.com/Marriage...r=OML100042352

It appears that they were divorced in 1999.

I've already documented elsewhere on this thread the November/2000 attempted kidnapping/coercion episode in Las Vegas, NV, but will post the links to the police reports again:

http://webpages.charter.net/autumnrain/streeter1.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/autumnrain/streeter2.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/autumnrain/streeter3.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/autumnrain/streeter4.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/autumnrain/streeter5.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/autumnrain/streeter6.jpg

On April 13, 2004, Streeter requested a copy of the divorce, presumably for his upcoming marriage to Bernadett M. Benham, although I do not find any record of a divorce or marriage for either of them (except a divorce for Bernadette from a Darrell Benham)

MOTION & ORDER SERVED-9/23/99 TO:TABETHA STREETER
    11/19/1999 FINAL ORDER Divorced
    04/13/2004 Certified copy/Copy fee Bartt Streeter

04/13/2004 $ 4.00 Pd CERTIFIED COPY/COPY FEE BARTT STREETER

Though I didn't order it, there is a record filed in Clark County, Nevada. It's unknown to me whether it's marriage-related:

http://recorder.co.clark.nv.us/extReal/SimpleQuery.asp

Instrument: 20040611-00450 Book/Instr:
    Document Type: Order - MASTER Recorded: 06/11/2004 08:03:53 Pgs: 5
    ReRecorded: N Remarks:
    Requestor: DISTRICT ATTORNEY CLARK COUNTY

1st Party:
    STREETER, BARTT
    2nd Party:
    BENHAM, BERNADETTE

The next three criminal items are recorded in Punta Gorda, FL at the Charlotte county, FL website:

http://www.ccso.org/localcrime/searc...cfm?data=25469

The final item is from a Charlotte County Official Records Search:

http://208.47.160.77/or/Search.aspx

That record is:

http://http://webpages.charter.net/autumnrain/loser.jpg

His ex-wife Bernadett Benham also has a Myspace page (you must be logged in) at:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=78314470

Records for Tabetha Streeter show her currently as:

MATTHEWS, TABETHA P (Age 33)

Associated names:

MATTHEWS, TABITHA
    MATTHEWS, TABETHA JO
    MATTHEWS, TABITH
    PRICE, TABETHA JO
    STREETER, TABETHA

and living in:

EULESS, TX
    LEWISVILLE, TX
    HENSLEY, AR
    NORTH LITTLE ROCK, AR
    LITTLE ROCK, AR
    ARLINGTON, TX

Now, since she's the first known person that Streeter met after leaving Springfield, if one could track her down and possibly interview her, one never knows what information she may hold.

Jefferson City News-Tribune (MO)
    June 9, 2002
    Section: News

City refuses to forget three Springfield women who vanished in 1992
    Article Text:
    Associated Press Writer

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- It was graduation night, a night of anticipation and excitement. Friends gathered later for parties, making plans to continue the celebration the next day.

But somewhere between the parties and the next day, things fell apart for two high school classmates and one of their mothers. They vanished without a trace -- and the mystery is no closer to solution today than it was a decade ago.

There are no solid clues and no suspects in the disappearance of Sherrill Levitt, her 19-year-old daughter Suzanne "Suzie" Streeter and her daughter's friend, Stacy McCall. Investigators and those who track missing adults recall no similar case.

"In my 10 years, the case of the three women missing from Springfield is very uncommon," says Kym Pasqualini, president of the Nation's Missing Children Organization and Center for Missing Adults in Phoenix. "It's very unique to have multiple adults disappear together, especially under those circumstances."

Streeter and McCall graduated from Kickapoo High School on June 6, 1992. After attending two parties, the girls decided to get a few hours' sleep before heading to a Branson amusement park with friends. They arrived in the early morning hours of June 7 at Levitt's home and prepared for bed.

When friends arrived later that morning, the three women were gone.
    Their purses, containing cigarettes, money and medication, were left behind. Their cars were still in the driveway.

Except for a broken porch light, nothing seemed askew, although a neighbor reported having seen a nervous woman matching Streeter's description pull a van into her driveway early that morning and turn around. Investigators found no fingerprints, fibers or DNA in the tidy one-story home that sits a few hundred feet from a busy thoroughfare.

Soon after the apparent abductions, more than 100,000 fliers with the women's pictures were hung on trees, utility poles and in storefront windows. There were prayer vigils and yellow ribbons.

Searches were conducted by horseback, on foot and by all-terrain vehicles. Divers went into murky lakes. Fields were dug. Woods canvassed.

"America's Most Wanted" aired the story. So did "48 Hours," Maury Povich and Oprah Winfrey.

Springfield police have followed more than 5,200 leads that have taken them to more than 20 states, Sgt. Mike Owen says. They have listened to numerous psychics -- one even attempted to elicit clues from Levitt's dog -- and called in a team of retired investigators to review the case. There are no suspects, but about a half-dozen individuals remain under suspicion.

Local speculation focused on Robert Cox, a former Army Ranger serving 30 years for robbery in Texas who lived in Springfield when the women disappeared. He was convicted in the 1978 murder of a young Walt Disney World worker, but the Florida Supreme Court later acquitted him of all charges. Cox also has not been cleared in a series of 1992 killings along Interstate 70.

Police admit they're interested in Cox. But they also call him a "manipulator" and an "opportunist" who loves media attention.

Police speculate sexual assault may have been the motive, with Levitt the intended victim.

Most agree the best chance for the case to be solved is for an informant to come forward. The reward stands at $100,000.

A new detective has been assigned to the case, and police hope the fresh attention surrounding the anniversary will bring new leads.
    The family did not plan to mark the somber milestone.
    It was hard enough when they disappeared. As day 3,650 approached, it was clear the grieving had not stopped.

"I guess I'm surprised people still remember after 10 years," Janis McCall says softly, as she recalls the last time she saw her daughter, Stacy. "For me, it's been 10 years of Hell," she said. A stubborn instinct kindles the faint hope that Stacy is still alive.
    "I'll never give up -- I can't," she says. "I have two choices. I can completely disappear and become a vegetable, or I can go out and try to help."

Questions from reporters are probing and painful for McCall. She tells endearing stories. And she laughs about the teen-ager her sisters teasingly nicknamed "Spacey Stacy" after she locked her keys in her car -- and how she loved to transform her appearance with hats, makeup or a simple hair braid.

McCall has blocked out some events surrounding her daughter's disappearance. But she shares what she does remember on the chance it will move someone to report the tip that brings Stacy home.

McCall admits that at first she was angry -- convinced her 18-year-old daughter was invoking a new independence by not telling her parents of her plans. She recalls arriving at Levitt's house and seeing Stacy's shorts and shirt in Streeter's room. Also there was her purse with the migraine medication needed to control painful headaches.
    "That first night after she disappeared, I remember thinking that she doesn't have her toothbrush. She doesn't have any clothes," McCall says.

As time passed, regrets mounted: If only she hadn't begged her daughter to wait until morning to make the 35-mile drive south to Branson.

"I have to remind myself that I did not do this," she says. "I am not to blame. Some horrible person is to blame."

Hope has faded for Levitt's uncle, Cliff Williams.
    "I guess even if they found them now, it wouldn't mean much because her father is gone," Williams says. "He's the one who deserved to know."

Levitt's father pondered the case until his death in 1997. The rest of the family went to court a few months later and had Levitt and her daughter declared dead.

Levitt moved to Springfield in 1980 from Seattle, Wash., intent on starting a new life. She worked as a beautician and loved fixing up homes, he recalls.

Levitt, then 47, had divorced her daughter's father shortly after she was born. He had never been active in her life.

Williams pauses as he recalls packing up Streeter's room -- which was filled with clothes, stuffed animals and had numerous posters on the wall.

"I have no suggestions for police or complaints about what they've done," Williams says. "They just don't have much to go on."

Janelle Kirby was the link that brought the two girls together.
    "It was just a freak situation that they were even together that night," Kirby says.
    While the faces of her classmates are frozen in time, Kirby is now 28 -- a wife and mother.

"We were having so much fun," she says. "We had celebrated our birthdays. We had gone to prom and graduation. We were looking forward to summer."
    She and McCall were making plans to attend Southwest Missouri State. They planned to join a sorority.

Streeter was going to cosmetology school. She wanted to be a beautician, like her mom.
    Kirby still searches strangers' faces, hoping to find her friends.
    The case continues to trouble David Asher, who retired from the Springfield Police Department in 1995.

Everyone was puzzled by the pristine crime scene, says Asher, who headed the investigation in the early days. "Mom's glasses were next to the bed. There was a book turned over, as if she had been reading. It just did not look like a crime scene."
    He has his own theory: Someone plucked Levitt's small dog from her backyard, then knocked on the door, using the ruse of wanting to return it.
    "I wish more than anything that this case would be solved," he says. "I personally think they have the information, but it just hasn't been all put together yet. They need the piece that makes it all make sense."

Restaurant manager Matt Marquart insists he is not on a crusade, but he refuses to remove the poster of the three missing women from the window of Coyote's Adobe Cafe and Bar.

"After 10 years, I just can't take it down," he says. "I won't until this thing is over."
    Marquart remembers when the women's faces were everywhere he looked.
    What Marquart remembers most is how it changed Springfield. Suddenly people started locking their doors, scrutinizing strangers, trying to jar their memory of the tiniest detail that might help police, he says.

"That poster is tattered and torn -- it has a lot of tape on it," Marquart says. "But it stands for something. It's a reminder that those women are still missing. Who knows, maybe someone will see it and think of something that will help."

St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    June 9, 1993
    Edition: FIVE STAR
    Section: NEWS
    Page: 6A

FEW LEADS ON FATE OF 3 MISSING WOMEN
    Author: AP
    Dateline: SPRINGFIELD, MO.
    Article Text:

A year of anguish, fears and anger has passed for the families and friends of three women who disappeared after a graduation party. Even the investigators have shed tears.

The waiting continues.

A year ago Monday, the three women - Sherill Levitt; her daughter, Suzie Streeter; and Suzie's high school classmate Stacy McCall - vanished from Levitt's home.
    After 5,000 leads, investigators have no suspects and few clues. They acknowledge that they are no closer to solving the case than they were the night of June 7, 1992.

"I couldn't even begin to tell you how awful it's been," said Janis McCall, Stacy's mother.

The women disappeared hours after McCall, then 18, and Streeter, then 19, graduated from Kickapoo High School. Police suspect that the three were kidnapped and murdered. But like the families, investigators say it's possible the women could turn up alive.

Detective Gerald Dove has shed tears of frustration.

"Knowing I have a job to do, knowing that there are people depending on me has kept me and others going," Dove said.

Deb Schwartz of Seattle wants to establish a memorial of some type - a gravestone or red roses - for her half-sister, Levitt, and her niece. But there's no gravesite to visit.

"Where do you go?" she asked. "I think it's one of the most cruel things someone could do, to take lives like this and watch people - the survivors - dangle on a wire."

Levitt, a divorced hair stylist, was last seen alive at 4 p.m. June 6, 1992. McCall left a graduation party with Streeter around 2 a.m. June 7 and decided to spend the night with her friend.

Sometime early June 7, the three apparently were abducted from the home "quickly and without a struggle," police Sgt. David Asher said.

McCall hadn't planned to spend the night at the home, leading authorities to believe she wasn't the target of an abduction.

Police later found each woman's car parked outside Levitt's home. Inside the unlocked and orderly home was everything the women likely would have taken had they left willingly: purses, cash, makeup, keys, identification, cigarettes, medication.

Police in this city of about 140,000 initially put 30 investigators on the case. Now, one full-time and two part-time investigators remain. The case has been profiled on television crime shows, but tips have dwindled.

On Monday, about 200 people gathered in a park to pay tribute to the women and to release yellow balloons. They were inscribed with messages that included "Come home soon."

Police will investigate "until we resolve the case," police Capt. Todd Whitson said.

Long article introducing 2002 News-Leader series. Includes discussion of Cox and N-L timeline to 2002. This link may have been omitted from the first list above.

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs...EWS01/60608049

weather conditions, Springield, MO June 6, 1992

Weather conditions for Springfield, June 6, 1992. The "next day" information is available by clicking link at top right of June 6 screen.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

June 6, 1992

Temperatures: Max 77º
    Min 61º at 11 pm. (during parties) humidity 93%
    Fog and light rain early in the day
    Humidity 71-93%
    Wind between 6-9 mph; much more wind earlier in the day

By the time the girls left the parties, early June 7:
    2 am 57º humidity 100% clear sky
    5 am 55º humidity 100% fog
    7 am 51º humidity 100% fog

Visibility from 5 miles at 5 am, to 1 mile at 5:13 am, up to 4 miles at 6 am, to .5 at 6:14.

The Kansas City Star
    July 2, 1992
    Edition: MID-AMERICA
    Section: MID-AMERICA
    Page: C2

Inquiry goes on in missing-women case Police to question man, but they doubt that he is involved.
    Author: The Associated Press
    Article Text:

SPRINGFIELD - A man accused of vandalizing a tomb will be questioned in the disappearance of three women, but police said Wednesday that they expect to eliminate him as a suspect in the missing-persons case.

The 21-year-old man was arrested Monday in Mundelein, Ill., and was being held Wednesday in the Lake County Jail. Authorities haven't said when he'll be returned to Springfield.

Capt. Tony Glenn said detectives needed to confirm the man wasn't involved in the disappearance of Sherrill Levitt, 47; Suzie Streeter, 19; and Stacy McCall, 18.

Investigators became interested in the man shortly after the women vanished from Levitt's home early June 7. The man and two others were charged last week with felony institutional vandalism. They are accused of breaking into a mausoleum at Springfield's Maple Park Cemetery on Feb. 21 and stealing a skull and some bones.

One of the other accused vandals is a former boyfriend of Streeter, who gave a statement to officers investigating the vandalism.
    "We interviewed a ton of people in that case. She was one of them," Glenn said.

Streeter's statement was insignificant in the vandalism case, and it "has nothing to do with her missing now," Glenn said.

Police have said her former boyfriend, 20, sold 26 grams of gold teeth fillings from the skull at a Springfield pawn shop for $30.

The ex-boyfriend and the third alleged vandal, 19, were questioned extensively in the disappearances, and both are cleared as suspects, Glenn said.

Investigators say the 21-year-old arrested in Illinois isn't a Springfield resident, but he is thought to have been in Springfield on June 7.

Copyright 1992, 1996 The Kansas City Star Co.

The Daily Oklahoman
    August 28, 1992
    Section: COMMUNITY III
    Page: 1

Topics:
    Index Terms:
    MISSING PERSONS

TV Show to Air Story On 3 Missing Women
    Author: Robert Medley
    Article Text:

Three women who are missing from Springfield, Mo., one with ties to north Oklahoma City and The Village, will be featured on an upcoming national television news program, a relative said.

Nancy Clymer of north Oklahoma City is the aunt of Stacy McCall, 18, who has been missing since early June. Clymer said officials from the CBS news magazine show "48 Hours" have told family members of the missing woman that the story will air next Wednesday.

McCall, and her friend Suzie Streeter, 19, and Streeter's mother Sherill E. Levitt, 47, have been missing from Levitt's Springfield, Mo., home since June 7.
    McCall's grandmother Aileen Moore lives in The Village and is a member of The Village Christian Church.

Clymer's sister Janice McCall is the mother of Stacy McCall.
    Clymer said a "48 Hours" crew has updated the story to include a segment about a witness who has surfaced.

She said a woman who was on her front porch in Springfield the morning the women disappeared has reported seeing a blond woman identified as Streeter driving a van.

The woman told authorities Streeter drove a van into a next-door driveway and stopped as if lost about 6:30 a.m. that day.

Streeter appeared to be crying and a birthmark on her face could be seen as the van stopped. The woman on her porch reported hearing a male voice say, "Now back up and don't do anything stupid," Clymer said.

Clymer said the incident has been considered a confirmed sighting by law enforcement officials. The silvery green and older model Dodge van sighted was 15 blocks from the home where the women disappeared in Springfield, Clymer said.

Copyright 1992 Oklahoma Publishing Company

Crime and Justice site...

Not sure, if OK to post this on here, and it may be all old information, but wanted to post anyways just in case something new may be there for anyone to read.

http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums...pic=11568&st=0

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 1952–1 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

Springfield’s new police chief brings new emphasis to case of women missing since 1992

Posted on Sat, Feb. 19, 2011 10:15 PM
    By LAURA BAUER
    The Kansas City Star

SPRINGFIELD | Before this city’s new police chief took the job last summer, he pulled up the department’s website to find out more about the place.

Paul Williams could see where officers had busted meth labs and which businesses had been robbed. Next, he clicked on “Unsolved Cases.” You can learn a lot about a town by its unsolved crime.

Just one case popped up. Grainy photos of three women filled his screen, and his eyes fell on three words that have echoed through this community and region for 18 years.

Three Missing Women.

“I thought, ‘Wow, that’s unusual to have just this one thing on the website, just one unsolved case,’ ” says Williams, who spent nearly 29 years with the Tulsa (Okla.) Police Department before landing in Springfield in July. “ ‘It must be a big deal.’ ”
    Some point to parking garage

When the women disappeared, the Internet hadn’t exploded yet. Now that it has, the case has taken on a life of its own.

For years now, a large group of bloggers and sleuthers have dedicated hours and hours to trying to solve the case. Among their convictions: The women are buried under a hospital parking garage.

more here

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/02/19...ice-chief.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Police consider digging up parking lot to search for buried murder victims

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) -- Springfield police say they are considering digging up a parking lot where some people have speculated that three missing women may be buried.

more here

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Polic...116574773.html
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

News-Leader article, "Ten Years Later"

http://www.news-leader.com/article/2...Later-Part-1-5

News-Leader page with links

http://www.news-leader.com/article/9...EWS01/60620004

From OzarksFirst.com

Around the Ozarks, it's hard to find people who don't recognize the photos of Sherrill Levitt, her daughter Suzie Streeter, and friend Stacy McCall….
    Now, the nation will also recognize the womens' faces -- unseen in person since 1992 -- thanks to Investigation Discovery's "Disappeared."
    http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=417656

ky3 story: “Springfield Police Chief Mulls Search…Under Hospital Garage”

Stacy McCall, Suzie Streeter, and Streeter’s mother, Sherill Levitt, vanished without a trace after a high school graduation party sometime in the early hours of June 7, 1992. Now there’s some movement on the case from Springfield's new police chief. He's considering digging at a location where some think those three missing women’s bodies might be.
    In the days and weeks following their disappearance, investigators looked high and low, poring over miles and miles of land looking for the women.
    "I've got a couple different phone calls at the office about it and I know it is at the forefront of people's minds,” Williams said in an interview on Wednesday morning.
    http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-story-3-...,1352162.story

ky3 Video Timeline

http://http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-t...38126.htmlpage

http://www.kspr.com/news/kspr-police...,6388009.story

3:59 p.m. CDT, June 6, 2012

Police hope technology could help save cold cases like 3 missing women

Mary Moloney, KSPR News
    mmoloney@kspr.com

video at link as well as article. New website that has the missing women's cases.

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    In spending the last week refreshing my memory on all things The Springfield Three ..and since we have so few media links that are actually still available I thought some may be interested to look at old articles that can be viewed in the Google actual newspaper(not online media) archives.
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...streeter&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...,4857337&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...,3717855&hl=en

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...streeter&hl=en
    Last edited by SmoothOperator; 08-08-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast