1453 users online (308 members and 1145 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Teacher sends 5 yr old home with bag of poop

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/43405212.html

Kindergarten teacher finds some poop in her room, calls the Dad asking if the
    boy could have done it. Dads acknowledges that he has had a couple of accidents before. Soo, teacher decides to send the poop home in a bag with a note saying " I found this little turd on my floor". How hateful, demeaning, unprofessional, and just plain mean and evil IMO. For all this woman knows the child could have occasional health issue or even be afraid of her hateful self to ask to go potty. I bet she's a real prize for the kids to have to deal with daily. The dad's right, what if his wife hadn't found the baggie in the backpack or the kids on the school bus had gotten into it.

She's in the wrong profession and certainly teaching the wrong grade.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

According to the grandmother's comments at article her grandson wasn't present in this teacher's classroom when the odor issue arose. He attends Special Ed classes held at a different facility on Friday mornings.

As for the note LOL.....they should have sent turd back with a note saying...Thanks for your concern but it doesn't belong to us so we don't feel right about keeping it ...

She needs to find a new profession.

What if that child OR another child had touched it? That's a health concern. What a bonehead.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Not everyone should teach. This woman clearly is one who shouldn't be teaching. It's not fair to the children.

Also, I can't believe that the parents had to go to the media. I assumed that they did because they've been waiting for days to speak with school officials. That's ridiculous!

My son, in the third grade, had a sub one day. That sub became unglued because the boys in the room were talking. She threw a book in the direction of the boys and barely missed my sons head. I talked to my son about talking in class, told him that it is not right to have a book whizz by your head and immediately left to go talk to the principal of that school.

Long story short, the follow up I received came the next day from a Board official who called and apologized and assured me that the sub would never sub again in this school district.

That teacher needs to be fired and told to find another profession. IMHO.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Every time I read a story like this, I worry.
    Not just because of the poop issue itself, as disturbing as it is, but because of the fact that this shows that if the kid was really not even in the class when the "odor issue" came up, then this teacher can't keep track of where the students are. Either she thought he was in class when he wasn't, which is scary, or she is holding a grudge against a young child, almost as scary.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Wow; anyone who deals with children on an ongoing basis knows that this is quite common- all the way up until the second grade. She is definitely in the wrong job; personally, I think maybe she should specialize in anal cancer- take care of her hang-up!!!

I'm sorry, but this is not about this woman being in the wrong profession. This is about an adult who made a conscience choice to humiliate a child. With feces sent home. Secondary message was also to his parents.

This woman needs some serious help, though I doubt there would be a "cure" for a person who lives a life of being cruel. Seriously, it blows my mind the ugliness that some people carry within them towards others. How black must their hearts be. Or, perhaps they do not have one.....
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Surely she will be fired for this. Did she pick on him specifically because his is a special needs child? That's even worse. What was she thinking?
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

What is with teachers these days? We keep reading about this type of unprofessional behavior. My own kids' teachers in those early grades were for the most part kind, patient, and always professional (the one exception was a seasoned teacher who, although kind and patient weren't words to describe her, was at least professional).

Was this a young teacher? The only thing I can think to explain the craziness that we've all been hearing about with teachers nowadays is that young people are going into the profession thinking it is an easy job with lots of vacation time, but they clearly aren't cut out for the job.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I know this will show my level of maturity but I cannot stop laughing at this. I 110% think the teacher was wrong and even thought at first that this article had to be a hoax!!

I can't help it, the word poop sends me into hysterics.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

I think this teacher had better be glad that I had no children in her class.

This woman's teaching certificate should be taken away. If she would do something like this, what else would she do or maybe already has done? There are all kinds of sicko's out there with our kids.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I think this teacher had better be glad that I had no children in her class.

This woman's teaching certificate should be taken away. If she would do something like this, what else would she do or maybe already has done? There are all kinds of sicko's out there with our kids.
    And, unbelievable that the parents had to go to the media because they couldn't get school officials to return their calls.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post
    According to the grandmother's comments at article her grandson wasn't present in this teacher's classroom when the odor issue arose. He attends Special Ed classes held at a different facility on Friday mornings.

As for the note LOL.....they should have sent turd back with a note saying...Thanks for your concern but it doesn't belong to us so we don't feel right about keeping it ...

I didn't read the comments from the grandmother. So, he was special ed. Probably had ADD or some other disorder and the teacher had already singled him out due to her inability to deal with all sorts of kids. It wouldn't suprise me if she wasn't pressuring the family about ADD medication issues that weren't working quick enough to suit her. I almost felt like she was sneakily calling the child a little turd with that note.

Quote Originally Posted by capoly View Post

I love that response. But I'd send it back wrapped in tissue paper, slightly moistened so that she could appreciate the full effect.

The craziest thing of all is the silence from the school that forces parents to turn to the media. Does the teacher's union bear any responsibility for
    crappy teachers that are hard to get rid of?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast