Teacher sends 5 yr old home with bag of poop

txsvicki

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/43405212.html

Kindergarten teacher finds some poop in her room, calls the Dad asking if the
boy could have done it. Dads acknowledges that he has had a couple of accidents before. Soo, teacher decides to send the poop home in a bag with a note saying " I found this little turd on my floor". How hateful, demeaning, unprofessional, and just plain mean and evil IMO. For all this woman knows the child could have occasional health issue or even be afraid of her hateful self to ask to go potty. I bet she's a real prize for the kids to have to deal with daily. The dad's right, what if his wife hadn't found the baggie in the backpack or the kids on the school bus had gotten into it.

According to the grandmother's comments at article her grandson wasn't present in this teacher's classroom when the odor issue arose. He attends Special Ed classes held at a different facility on Friday mornings.

As for the note LOL.....they should have sent turd back with a note saying...Thanks for your concern but it doesn't belong to us so we don't feel right about keeping it ...:)

She needs to find a new profession.

What if that child OR another child had touched it? That's a health concern. What a bonehead.

Not everyone should teach. This woman clearly is one who shouldn't be teaching. It's not fair to the children.

Also, I can't believe that the parents had to go to the media. I assumed that they did because they've been waiting for days to speak with school officials. That's ridiculous!

My son, in the third grade, had a sub one day. That sub became unglued because the boys in the room were talking. She threw a book in the direction of the boys and barely missed my sons head. I talked to my son about talking in class, told him that it is not right to have a book whizz by your head and immediately left to go talk to the principal of that school.

Long story short, the follow up I received came the next day from a Board official who called and apologized and assured me that the sub would never sub again in this school district.

That teacher needs to be fired and told to find another profession. IMHO.

Every time I read a story like this, I worry.
Not just because of the poop issue itself, as disturbing as it is, but because of the fact that this shows that if the kid was really not even in the class when the "odor issue" came up, then this teacher can't keep track of where the students are. Either she thought he was in class when he wasn't, which is scary, or she is holding a grudge against a young child, almost as scary.

Wow; anyone who deals with children on an ongoing basis knows that this is quite common- all the way up until the second grade. She is definitely in the wrong job; personally, I think maybe she should specialize in anal cancer- take care of her hang-up!!!:banghead:

I'm sorry, but this is not about this woman being in the wrong profession. This is about an adult who made a conscience choice to humiliate a child. With feces sent home. Secondary message was also to his parents.

This woman needs some serious help, though I doubt there would be a "cure" for a person who lives a life of being cruel. Seriously, it blows my mind the ugliness that some people carry within them towards others. How black must their hearts be. Or, perhaps they do not have one.....

Surely she will be fired for this. Did she pick on him specifically because his is a special needs child? That's even worse. What was she thinking?

What is with teachers these days? We keep reading about this type of unprofessional behavior. My own kids' teachers in those early grades were for the most part kind, patient, and always professional (the one exception was a seasoned teacher who, although kind and patient weren't words to describe her, was at least professional).

Was this a young teacher? The only thing I can think to explain the craziness that we've all been hearing about with teachers nowadays is that young people are going into the profession thinking it is an easy job with lots of vacation time, but they clearly aren't cut out for the job.

I know this will show my level of maturity but I cannot stop laughing at this. I 110% think the teacher was wrong and even thought at first that this article had to be a hoax!!

I can't help it, the word poop sends me into hysterics.

I think this teacher had better be glad that I had no children in her class.

This woman's teaching certificate should be taken away. If she would do something like this, what else would she do or maybe already has done? There are all kinds of sicko's out there with our kids.

I think this teacher had better be glad that I had no children in her class.

This woman's teaching certificate should be taken away. If she would do something like this, what else would she do or maybe already has done? There are all kinds of sicko's out there with our kids.

And, unbelievable that the parents had to go to the media because they couldn't get school officials to return their calls.:eek:

According to the grandmother's comments at article her grandson wasn't present in this teacher's classroom when the odor issue arose. He attends Special Ed classes held at a different facility on Friday mornings.

As for the note LOL.....they should have sent turd back with a note saying...Thanks for your concern but it doesn't belong to us so we don't feel right about keeping it ...:)

I didn't read the comments from the grandmother. So, he was special ed. Probably had ADD or some other disorder and the teacher had already singled him out due to her inability to deal with all sorts of kids. It wouldn't suprise me if she wasn't pressuring the family about ADD medication issues that weren't working quick enough to suit her. I almost felt like she was sneakily calling the child a little turd with that note.

I love that response. But I'd send it back wrapped in tissue paper, slightly moistened so that she could appreciate the full effect.

The craziest thing of all is the silence from the school that forces parents to turn to the media. Does the teacher's union bear any responsibility for
crappy teachers that are hard to get rid of?

OMG! I am horrified! She sure better be glad it wasn't one of mine she pulled that stunt on! A special ed student or any student should never be humilated in that way. The child could be emotionally damaged from an authority figure treating them with such disdain. I can't believe anyone would even think to do this to a child especially a teacher!

I don't understand why the parents would even bother to call the school. I would have marched my @ss right into the Super's office, grabbed him/her, next stop would have been the Principal's office, grabbed him/her, and taken them both with me to return the disgusting matter to the teacher. She would have apologized to my child then I would have made her cry by the time I got finished with her. After she realized her "mistake", I would have insisted they write the teacher up immediately and start proceedings to fire her.

I didn't read the comments from the grandmother. So, he was special ed. Probably had ADD or some other disorder and the teacher had already singled him out due to her inability to deal with all sorts of kids. It wouldn't suprise me if she wasn't pressuring the family about ADD medication issues that weren't working quick enough to suit her. I almost felt like she was sneakily calling the child a little turd with that note.
[my bold]

Other than the "almost", I felt the same way. And feel it is likely the parents did also. Very cruel woman.

Took me about 1/2 hour to 'clean-up' the turd return note so it was TOS-postable. Though do have to confess most of that 1/2 hour was spent trying to get him :rocker: to close his index finger.

Sorry, Jbean.:ashamed:

I love that response. But I'd send it back wrapped in tissue paper, slightly moistened so that she could appreciate the full effect.

The craziest thing of all is the silence from the school that forces parents to turn to the media. Does the teacher's union bear any responsibility for
crappy teachers that are hard to get rid of?

:floorlaugh: love the play on words ziggy :D

My God. What a bitter old woman to go to these lengths!Im sure she could have out her time in the classroom to much better use than taking the time to parcel that up and write her petty note.

Id have been tempted to parcel up a separate piece of poop and send it back to her saying 'thanks, but ours are more like this one!'. Gross but imagine the satisfaction :crazy:

:furious::mad:This deplorable woman needs to be fired.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back